Are you in favor of all the drones?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ArtistOfWar59, Apr 6, 2011.

?

Do you like the TF: Prime drones?

1. Yes! I like the drones!

24 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. No! I want different Cons!

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. I'm ok with drones, but I also want more unique Cons.

42 vote(s)
    53.2%
  1. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Do you like all the drones in TF; Prime? Do you think they add purpose, since not so many fan-favorite Cons are not getting killed? Or do you wish we could have more unique and diverse Decepticons?

2. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I don't have a problem with them. To me, having expendable foot soldiers makes sense in a action series like Transformers. They don't take away the chance of new Decepticon characters, as we've previously seen in Breakdown and Knockout.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The Vehicons are awesome. They look awesome. They have awesome car modes.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm definitely a fan of them. Especially since they aren't just mindless drones. They're much more like Stormtroopers, imho. We'll get more unique characters as the show progresses, but the Eradicons/Vehicons/drones work quite nicely for expendable enemies.

It also helps that there are at least three variations to them. There are the cars, the jets, and the miners. Though we haven't seen the miner variation since Darkness Rising, and still don't know what they turn into, or if the transform at all. I'm looking forward to the toys too. Not sure if I'll army build, but I'll definitely be getting at least one of each variation to them (helps that I'll probably be a completist for the TFP line, lol).

Only change I would make, would be to have more color variations to them, like in the graphic novels. Some of the car one's on the Nemesis look like they're blue, but that could just be the lighting in the ship itself causing that. Would be cool if they made higher ranking drone's a different color. Would definitely make for an easy repaint down the line.

Slightly off-topic, but I still think it would be awesome for Lockdown to show up at some point, have some design similarities to the drones, but with some obvious differences (face, color scheme, added spikes, etc...), and then sort of be the Jango Fett to their Clonetrooper-ness (aka, have him be the bot the drone's are based off of).

5. AMG

AMG Old School

I don't care for the cannon fodder drones. I want more real characters.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I can't say I mind them. They don't do much.

Battle droids of Prime.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I like seeing the Vehicons, I just wish there could be generals in this series.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I love the drones. Perfect excuse for violence every episode and they allow for casualties that don't take the life of a main character. Plus they look flippin' awesome. First toy I'll be buying at least two of just for awesomeness' sake.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So far they haven't served much of a purpose..except as some what mindless experimental objects to Starscream.
    For his sake it may be better to have drones instead of actual Cons that would be insubordinate to him, possibly stage a coup d'etat..:) 

10. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Love them, though I still like the Eradicon name better. :lol 

[​IMG]

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Considering we´ve seen they have autonomous personalities (enought to question their commander), are we sure they are drones?

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're probably drones in the same way that... office works are.

All supposed to work the same way due to regulations and shit, but deep inside different people with souls.

Or maybe not, about the office workers that is.

13. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

they dont seem to be drones anymore than the seekers were in g1. a bunch of guys that share the same body design but all have personalities. the only difference is they dont have the unique colour schemes. there are variations on the standard drone though which is cool. im not sure if i would even want colour variations on them generally. they seem like the foot clan in that they believe their numbers and their organization as a whole is their strength, rather than any individual.

from a story standpoint we need them while the numbers are down. beast wars did extremely well without any disposable mooks but they had more characters from the start. once primes roster expands we will probably see less of them.

i also love the idea of lockdown being a 'rogue' vehicon. hes abandoned their ideals of conformity and unity and has become a major badass.

14. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the StormTrooper comparison is a good one, and like the Stormtroopers, I'd like to see the Eradicons adopt a little differentiation. There are a lot of troopers with unique markings on their armor, battle scars, different hair, etc. all designed to give them a little more individuality. I'd like to see something along those lines for the Eradicons.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only if they make an army builder of them.

16. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

Paint some different colors on the Starscream model and you've got all the seekers you could want!

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Drones give the Autobots something to shoot at and blow up, and it gives the Decepticons (and the writers!) an easy supply of cannon fodder generics to test our heroes while the Decepticons do other things.

I am completely in favour of the idea, after all, the Decepticons are an invading army. An army needs soldiers. The drones are the soldiers.

18. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I like them; they really remind me more of the troopers from WFC/Exodus, aka nameless troops with a uniform body, rather than mindless drones. One of my favorite moments in the series so far is when Starscreams grandstanding and the drones just looking amongst themselves, and one of them whispers what sounds like “seriously?” I’m really looking forward to seeing what the writers plan to do with them, and when the toy comes I’m army building for sure.

19. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I love the Vehicons; they make perfect cannon fodder, and they look damned cool.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    They're just the STormtroopers of Prime.

Exept Vehicons can hit something.