Are you guys ready for the drought?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Jan 1, 2012.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This time last year collectors and all TF fans alike waited what seemed like an eternity for the release of many Generations and RTS waves to hit stores. To which some figures didn't even make it.

But unlike last year there isn't much to really look forward to.

TF: Prime?

Meh, well if your into Shrek-formers don't expect to see anything special released at TRU until April, since they, Target and Walmart still have Wave 1 DOTM figures to get rid of. Which was sadly the reason many people waiting for upcoming Generation and RTS waves got screwed last year.

So to those who are all but sick of the over priced 3rd party stuff picking up the slack for whats obviously an empty void. What will you do with your spare time and money?

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to wait until May to buy some TFs and that's a four-month drought! Hell to me!

3. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A drought may not be a bad thing. Helps the wallet recover some :)  Besides....if you're into 3rd party stuff....then....there might not be that much of a drought depending on what is coming and how much of it.

4. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Wait 4 month drought?

Am I missing something? What's out in Jan 2012

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

With the exception of Gens. Junkheap, I'm only really focused on getting the last two TFC Constructicons. I'll probably invest in the MT set as well. I'm not really planning on getting any of the Prime figs, and none of the current and upcoming MP's are of any interest to me. So, I'm actually looking forward to a personal drought.

6. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

I'll keep buying the "overpriced" 3rd party stuff that fills in the void of Hasbro stuff that doesn't interest me or isn;t on the foreseeable horizon.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

When you're somebody like me, who still has gaping holes in his collection from lines like Classics and Alternators, there is no drought.

You just go from buying the current stuff to playing catchup. And there is ALWAYS old TF's out there to get.

8. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Well for what it's worth I did buy the Master Shooters Mega Gun for Universe 2.0 Starscream. But that's were it stops.

Can't see paying $50 for not Insecticons when it boggles the mind why Hasbro hasn't made some of their own.

Hell repaint the Insecticon scouts from ROTF in G1 colors and sale them for now and I'll buy at least 3.

Just another classic case of another blown opportunity.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So... this thread is pretty much:

I don't like what's currently out, so the entire fandom is in a drought.

... well, alright.

10. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    Same. I always have a lot of catching up to do so when there's nothing current that I want it's actually a relief.
    Plus with all the great looking 3rd party stuff out and soon to be out, it's hard to hang onto money. I haven't bought any 3rd party stuff yet, but those Insecticons are incredibly tempting. And the Hearts of Steel inspired toys look very cool.
    There's always too much for me to keep up with :) 

11. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah but it would been nice to at least have some definite answers on if we'll see get some figures to go with what looks like a new positive spin on IDW's Transformers comics.

But we'll see I guess.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, I mean, I look at it more as a personal drought for some. But I can't say there's a total lack of overall product, considering the Prime line, any holdovers from DOTM, the anticipated return of Classics et al., MP-11, and anything 3rd party related.

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    actuly after wave 6 dotm there is a huge wait for stuff march actuly thats a good opertunity to save money for futer lines so i dont need to strugel to get them and so when they make a mp that is not the same character i will be able to get him stright off

i think droughts are a good thing in fact i think after prime toy line is out there i think they should make a month gap at least between each wave to make collecting more afordable and to stop over stocking

though i do beleave hasbro needs to step up and tell companys that wave 1 is not the only wave out there ....

14. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Well you could make this into one of those type of threads if others didn't agree. But for those who already have the 1st TF: Prime wave.

What will you do while waiting forever for the 2nd wave to hit stores?

Mind you some still haven't seen wave 1 yet and they had a Nov. release.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea... and that's really what I was hitting on. There's a ton of crap out and coming out this quarter, and it seems like people just focus on movie line products for a reason to complain.

It's going to be a great year.

The voyagers are supposed to come next month, aren't they? And, I thought same with Cliffjumper (talking Prime here... I have first wave). That's not forever...

And, I also collect things like third party, and MPs, so for me, I'm glad to have money freed up from Classics (especially ones that troop build) for a bit. I understand that you said you're not into 3rd party pricing, which I sure don't blame you for, but, that doesn't take away from the option of it being there.

There's just a big difference between "drought" and, "Nothing I really wanna' buy right now".

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  16. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There's never really a drought for me personally. When there isn't a figure to be found on the shelves, it's time to buy 3rd party stuff. When there isn't a 3rd party figure I want, it's time to search the Junkion exchange to fill gaps in my collection.

There's always something.

17. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    For most of us hardcore collectors there is never a drought. There is always something I have never gotten, or had to sell a TF in the past when times were rough and it's time to get it back.

There is never EVER a drought for merchandise, every thing is obtainable through brick and mortar or online.

Just a couple of weeks ago I got a botcon megazarak and a G1 metroplex. I am waiting for prime to hit other places than TRU so I have time.

by the way anyone out there willing to trade me there cybetron galaxy force optimus prime (leader size black and red version)?

18. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

waiting on freakin hasbro for prime and dotm wave 6 oh and some generations

19. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yep that's what I'm doing too.

20. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Well, I'm waiting for Prime toys and Dark of the Moon deluxe wave six to come out here, the former of which is coming out this month according to Red Leader.