Are you Going to See Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by eagc7, Jul 22, 2010.

?

YOu will see prime or no?

1. Yes, I will see the show!

91.3%
  2. No, I'm not watching the show

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Now that we have seen the Designs and the preview footage of TF Prime, Then now the big question Are you gonig to see TRANSFORMERS: PRIME?.

Im Passing the Show

Why? well.

For me Well the preview footage was Okay liked the animation but the Designs Looks Really BAD (expect for prime, Bee and megs). Man they look so horrible, these were the worst cliffjumper, ratchet and arcee i have seen. i Thought animated designs were horrible, but no they were okay. well i decided to pass the show, (yeah i jsut passed the Show due to horrible deisngs do not complain its my opinion)

im glad its nto taking palce in movieverse Continuty :D 

what about you?, are you gonig to see the show or passing it?

EDIT: oppes i typed No, Im Wacthing the show instead of No, Im not Wachting the show on the poll, Can Any mod fix it plz?

2. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I'm giving this show a chance. I didn't watch Animated when it was airing because I hated the animation style and designs at first so I ended up missing out on the best Transformers cartoon since Beast wars...

I just hope this will air on YTV or something...

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Hell to the Yes.

It looks beautiful. But then again, G1 is the only time I excuse blocky designs.

I tend to prefer naturally sleak and rounded off curves, a more natural look. Arcee alone evokes one of my favorite characters of all time, so that alone screams must watch.

The rest all depends on story and voice acting.
    [​IMG]
    Arcee
    [​IMG]
    Priss from Tokyo 2040
    Priss from the OAVs Raven's Garage - Knight Sabers - Hard Suits - Priss

Attached Files:

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its like they said screw it when it came to Arcee's design. No way can the motorcycle transform into that robot. Ton of animation cheats there. Where did the wheels go? I'd think in her ankles but it sure doesn't look like it.

Still watching the show though.

5. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

I'll give it a shot, just to see, then I'll decide.

6. Deadend

News Credits:
    Everytime I see stuff like this, I keep thinking of the same comments aimed at animated. No way can that transform, toys won't match, etc.

Yet, that toyline was the most accurate we've ever had just about. They pulled it off just fine. I have faith with them on this here eventually too. Just not anytime soon for them to figure it out. xD

7. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll give it a chance like everyone else. If it doesn't win me over after a couple of episodes, i'm done.

Maybe i'm just old but reboots are starting to annoy me a lot:banghead: .

8. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt that Hasbro, being more involved in this show than any before it, would allow designs they weren't sure they could create toys of. I don't understand how anyone could look at ROTF Prime and Starscream and think that something simpler (as these are) couldn't be pulled off. Arcee will most likely share a similar transformation as Animated Prowl (one of the coolest toys ever in my opinion).

As for the show, I'm watching this. It looks like they're headed Clone Wars style (I mean the designs remind me of Clone Wars), they have Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, they seem committed to more than one season already, and it appears they want to tell a really good story with the mythology... I don't care for Bee's design... and these overall definitely aren't my favorite designs, but I think they're more than enough. Decent designs + excellent voice cast + dedicated creative team = epic show.

Not to mention this line could be the first like G1 in a minute, with a plethora of characters and a 3-4 year run.... I'm in. I don't see how you could be a Transformer fan and not be in, at least to give it a try.

9. Deadend

News Credits:
    I hope since this is in hasbro's hands, and no one elses that it does continue on.

Every series prior to this had someone else in control but hasbro.

BW-BM, was the first time a reboot happened after a series. Because Fox and others said it was too G1 heavy. Then came RiD as filler, then came the era of co-doing anime with takara which made neither side get quite what they wanted. (ie Armada and energon line up but cybertron doesn't and it's all not how hasbro envisioned it.) Then animated came, which hasbro tried to keep going, and YTV managed to snag us a 3rd season, but with CN in control, hasbro had no say in it staying or going even though they wanted it to stay. CN getting the ad revenue, and making poor decisions killed animated. Not Hasbro.

Now? Hasbro is in pure control. It'll stay as long as they see fit, and as long as it's profitable (high ratings for ad revenue) it'll be fine. If toys come eventually, that'll help as well. The problem with a new show, is you have to pitch the ad value to commercial people, but a proven show? It has a baseline to use for that, and even create demand from the commercial people to want their commercials to be seen with that show since it has a high percentage of people watching.

10. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Well, I certainly hope to, but since I don't have cable I'll have to try to watch it on Youtube. I'm loving everything I've seen of it thusfar, so I'll do whatever I have to to watch it.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I said YES b4 all this ComicCon hoopla and I still say YES.. I think enough polls have been done on this one..IMHO.

12. Deadend

News Credits:
    Hasbro may up episodes on their site, and if not, we need to beg them to.

Pirating this by any means is a bad idea. Mostly because hasbro needs a way to gauge this for viewership to best know a baseline for advert sales during it, whether it's online or on channel.

This time, when we pirate it, we'll be taking money directly out of hasbro's hands, as opposed to other times when it was a third party handling the show, and profiting from ad revenue.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Agreed that the worst arcee i have seen, the WFC Arcee Desing was better

14. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Absolutely. I'm super excited about Prime. I love the designs of the robots and the CG looks fantastic.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    If I can I so will.

16. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Alright, "by any means" may have been a bad choice of words. I would MUCH rather watch this "officially" than on YouTube, and I won't touch any pirate sites with a ten foot pole, but I'll put it this way, since there's no way I'm getting cable: if it's not uploaded to their site, and I don't watch it on Youtube, it's a lose-lose. I lose because I don't get to see it, and Hasbro loses because I won't spend as much money on TFP toys. And really, I think toy sales will be a big gauge of whether or not TFP's going to last.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So far I'm willing to give it a try.

18. Deadend

News Credits:
    I want that arcee in toy form so bad. In 4 skittles colors too please.
    White, Green, Red/pink, and the standard blue. xD
    She's the exact Arcee re-envisionment I've always wanted. Though arcee as the name is whatever, but that design, god does it make me giddy, can't wait to see it in motion.

19. MaSeR

MaSeR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didnt like primes design for the show but now i do

I DIDNT LIKE THE DESIGN TILL IS SAW THIS PICTURE LOOKS PRETTY HOT.
    [​IMG]

20. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

It seems a little silly to me to skip out on a show I haven't even seen yet. The designs look fantastic except for baby-hands prime (and even then it's only the hands, the rest of him is fine).

I'm kinda nervous though because the way they have been talking about the series makes me think that it might not get a proper toy line (but would get something akin to the WFC treatment) and instead just continue with their current lines while Prime runs as a "catch-all" blanket series (which would be madness indeed).

And for the record the Arcee is fawesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.