Are you getting tired of planes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I like plane alt-modes, but i think they should be slightly bigger in the classics line. When i look at the latest classics 2.0 cars in bot mode, they make the classics 1.0 starscream molded bots look like a midgets. Maybe they could had somehow increased their size slightly to match the classics 2.0 guy's height or even make them voyagers.

But then again, they did make powerglide supersized....

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    No. But I am becoming a LITTLE wee bit tired of cars.

3. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

*gasp* Blasphemy! :O

Haha, no, I know how you feel. I'd like to see more variety in vehicle modes, more often.

My vote is for submarines. :D  And a carrier. We need a Ultra or Leader class carrier.

4. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

No, I really like the flying vehicles that came out in the movie line. Blackout looked good and Incinerator looked really good. Starscream not so much, but the new voyager has redeemed him. And even though I really don't like his robot mode I am really psyched about the leader class coming out.

My thing is this - come out with as many jets as you can, make them look accurate all the way around. Though I'm not crazy about statospheres robot mode his alt mode makes up for is and it looks to be very accurate. His robot mode has actually grown on me.

Masterpiece Starscream looks great on top, but has too much kibble underneath to display in high place where you can see it. Unfortunatley Jetfire suffers from this too, but Bo does the top look spot on a forgivable sacrifice, I can't wait to get him.

Speaking of Jetfire, I went to the Udvar Hazy Museum in Dulles on Saturday and it was fantastic! So I want to add right now that I would really like to see and Accurate F-14 Tomcat done for the Autobots, make him an airialbot or something. That plane is nothing, but awesome goodness. Make him Ultra Magness in th next movie, I don't care! Just get that jet in the next movie and in the next toyline!

5. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Planes will always be a constant, since they sell very well. People see a plane in a package, and it just seems like "a better deal" since their huge wing span will usually take up more room in the packaging than a car or a motorcycle.

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    No, not getting tired of it.

7. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

Planeformers ftw, basically. I do loves me some aircraft action.

Although again, more variety would be nice - how cool would it be to have a Lancaster Bomber 'bot, or an Autobot Jump Jet (yes, I'm a Royal-T fan). And some more 'copters might be nice, too.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Actually, thinking about it again.....we need more Autobot airplanes such as recent ROTF Breakaway.

It doesn't necessarily have to be aerialbots version 2.0 imo, but it would be good if the jet formers wouldn't always be Decepticons.

9. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think planes are great alt modes. Especially if u use something new like the F-22. Im not getting tired of it at all.

10. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really like them, esp. with the movie introducing new concepts and molds, i like planes even more..i was getting bored with them for a while and usually they take up alot more space than say,...a a car or truck simply b/c of their wings so i would normally keep them in bot mode to minimize space... but i miss them in alt mode

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not tired of aircraft as an alt mode, but like a lot of people have said I really wish they would add some more variety to the type of aircraft we are getting.

Since Transformers aren't limited to the abilities of the Earth machines they are scanning I always thought it would be cool if some of the World War II aircraft were used as alt modes. Or since Autobots like to blend into civilian situations perhaps some more Cessna to jumbo airliners for the Autobot alt modes.

Having the aircraft modes so dependent on jets is like if they had the car Transformers as just sports cars. A bit of variety could really spice things up for the aircraft Transformers.

12. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a boeinng combiner like railracer woud be ultimate win....a quad combiner!!

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Planes are never enough especially ones that have close combat weapons.

14. Nymyzys

Nymyzys Yep

Ebay:
    I have no problem with planes. I would like to see a little more variation rather than 8 repaints of the same mold, though. I'm looking at YOU Classics Starscream. I can see where it's a money-saving opportunity for the company, but I would like to see at least a different style of plane here and there. At least with the Scout sized movie figures, we got a crop-duster.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they can do Ransack and Jetfire (retired, nigh obsolete aircraft) there are lots of planes out there that can be used- go to Oshkosh and look at those Kits and experimentals.
    they'd make great scouts or spies.

Stratosphere proves huge planes are doable as well. Like the Guppy transport plane.

to see a B-2 Spirir Deceoticon would rock the casbah for me.

but for me, never weary of planes.
    would love to see more variety in vehicles, sure.
    I'd sell my grandmother for a few more bots with helicopter alt modes, but seacraft would be neat, too. wouldn't you love to see Beachcomber as one of those heavy LCAC hovercraft the Marines use? wow.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Bring on more planes and jets. Honestly, it's one of the Decepticon's advantages.

17. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Long live the plane/jet-formers I say. That said, no, I'm not getting tired of them.

On another note, I am waiting for a blimp TF though. :tongue: 

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    No, I actually wish we began to see even more plane-bots. Especially since it seems their starting to branch out to more planes. If anything, I'm getting tired of cars (not completely, but they are getting a little repetitive). There are still plenty of planes, and other aircraft, I would love to see made as Transformers. Especially a proper B-2 bot. The minicon was ok, but a a larger bot could do much much better. I'd also love to see more varied alt-modes for TF's. RotF Ejector is the perfect example of an everyday object made into a cool looking robot.