Are you ever like "Eff you" to a toy, then the right price comes along?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    This is what happened to me with 2010 Unicron. Saw it when it came out alst year, huge hardron collider, but I'd just started collecting, so I figured it'd just be around later when I had more of my collection filled out... NOPE. WRONG!

When I saw the second hand prices I was like, "Man, fuck this thing... the fuck?". I think I may've even thrown up in my mouth. Then I saw the Amazon exclusive, and said, "Double fuck that thing. I never needed it anyways. I'll buy the amazon one"... prolly even gave a few pictures of it online a middle finger or two (because stereo birds is serious biz).

Then someone messaged me today with the price of $110 shipped, and it was like Angels singing and clouds opening. Hardron collider hath returned.

Has that happened to you guys? Pretty much been like "eff it" to a figure and then you found a good price and you just wanna start breakdancing over the same toy?

2. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Warbot Defender. Pretty much same story, stereo birds, trying to talk myself into another version of the character and all. Now he's my little buddy for long car trips.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, on two occasions (oddly enough, both are black repaints). The first was RiD Scourge. I really liked the look of the toy, but I never really felt a drive to grab it (so, I guess this one isn't really about money). But then I was able to trade a fellow board member an Energon Barricade, Kickback, and Blackout for one and I jumped on the chance.

The second, though technically not a Transformer, was a Digivolving Blackwargreymon. I had one as a kid, and really wanted one now... but I reluctantly had to forget it due to its rather large price on ebay (at the time, there were two MISB ones for about $125 bucks each). Then, I came across a loose one for about $40 shipped. Needless to say, I couldn't have pushed that BiN button fast enough :lol .

4. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Takara MP Rodimus, I had absolutely no interest in it, I was gonna wait for the Hasbro one, And then BBTS marked it down to $149, I was like that thing is pretty damn nice. Atleast $90 nicer than the Hasbro.

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I actually felt that way each time Unicron came along. It always went up and down and would be easy to find, then hard, then easy. I have the cold cast statue though, so I'm okay. Might still get the new one.

6. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I felt that way about Unicron until the $60 amazon exclusive was announced.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Pretty much every movie related figure I have bought. I'll ONLY buy them on clearance, which for three movies now is as regular as clockwork since that always happens with movie related toys of any franchise. I hate the look & designs of them enough that I'll never pay full price, but don't hate all of them enough that I won't grab them for half (or less than half) price.

Generations Skullgrin and ROTF/HFTD (can't remember) Bludgeon are two others. Had no interest in either of them, but they happened to be sitting there during some 2-for-1 sales, so I grabbed them.

8. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are toys ever like "Fuck you" to a you?
    DOTM Crackcase is. :D 
    (Someone has a picture to go with that)

When i first saw Megatron Animated he was way way over priced. But I just picked him up for 20 bucks. Hell YA!

About Warbot? How much is he going for now a days...I still want one.

9. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i felt that way in 1998 when Black Zarak and Dinoking MISB were commanding a 500$ price tag. I guess I showed them! :( 

10. sh002

sh002 Banned

yes with cee lo green's song in the background. i would still like to get delicate warrior and warbot defender for a lower price.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    This is my attitude most of the the time. I have no intention of buying anything unlesss I deem it affordible.

13. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    TJ I don't understand your post... You didn't want to wait for the Amazon one, but you're ok with paying $110? Won't the Amazon one be much less ($60 someone said)?

On topic: for years I always passed on Leader class (too big, lights and sounds who cares?) but I got 3 in the past 2 months because of some good prices/deals.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Ok, I'll try to break it down better:

1.) Wanted 2010 Unicron more than anything, but waited out for it since I own Armada.

2.) By the time I'd gotten my collection comfortable enough to buy it, it was sold out.

3.) Saw Second hand pricing on it (200+ and shipping)

4.) Vomit

5.) Kept looking around for it, but had given up bc no one was selling it anymore at a decent price, ya' know? So, took a "jsut fuck it" attitude towards every getting it.

6.) Saw Amazon Unicron and the projected price, so said, "fuck it: I deifnitely don't need 2010 now", even though I don't like the colors as much (The redone head sculpt is what does it more than anything for me).

7.) Got an offer for 2010 at $110.

8.) Now am like "Hell yes" because I get what I originally wanted for a good price.

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I think you're holding out. There is more to this simple no. Just tell us already.

16. OCProwl

OCProwl Electrobot

News Credits:
    Ah ok makes sense. I didn't gather that it was 2010 version you really wanted to get. :) 

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I was that way with Aveo Swerve. Normally the thing goes for prices no Deluxe outside of Botcon exclusives should ever go. Even though I'm a sucker for unique and rare figures, such as Aveo Swerve, I wasn't paying that kind of money for a deluxe-sized toy that doesn't even have a gun.

Then last week, a discussion about that new Chevy car getting a Bumblebee-esque redeco for a Chinese release somehow ended up with me tracking down a $45 Aveo Swerve on eBay, free 1st class shipping. He's due to arrive next Monday.

The 2010 version has the retooled head that looks more like the original 87 movie Unicron and a very extensive deco to match.

EDIT: Nevermind:) 

18. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    What, I've never though fuck you to a price than immediately want it when it goes on sale.

19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Then, you're not responding to the actual thread, bc the toy was wanted outside of the price point.

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yeah rotf bruticus!! then fansproject done their ting with it and boom the price shoots up