Are you ever anxious when buying or waiting for a toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Sep 2, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

Everytime I know I'm about to get a TF, I feel anxious, like I can't wait to rip that sucker open and pose (bear with me, I'm very bored as Im writing this). I think this ties to the condition widely refers to the Plastic Crack Addiction or PCA as I like to call it. Sometimes I'll be in the store and the walk from the register to my car is like a blur. On the drive, at ever stop light I look over to the passenger seat and look at the bag. It's just waiting. And I get home and settle myself for a moment, I look over the box art and after a while, I'm ready. I take my pocket knife, and carefully slice through all the tape. I struggle with twist ties. And it's there. Waiting to be transformed.

Sometimes I see a pic on the computer, but I can never get a picture in my mind of the scale. For some reason, I always think things are bigger than they really are until I see it for myself. For instance, way back when the original Game Boy Advance came out, for some reason I thought of it as maybe the size of the original Gray GB. Then i got mine and it was so small! Same thing with many of my figs, especially G1 Hot Rod. I like it like that for some reason. I don't really use the word alot (I'm a manly man :D ) but it was ... cute (?)!

Right now, I'm waiting on an order from BBTS that is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I can't wait. I find my self looking at the galleries of the toy on seibertron over and over again. I wonder how it'll look in person. Have the pics done it justice? How big will it really be? Will it do my favorite character justice (hint at what it is :) )

These are the things that go through my head. So my question is, what do you feel when you get a TF?

Edit: Wow, I sound like a weirdo in this thread.

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

used to be years ago. don't really care anymore.

3. avmercenary

avmercenary Well-Known Member

I get anxious when I buy toys online. I have to check the status of it like every hour until it finally arrives, which is tough because I always buy standard(I am a cheepskate and I'd rather buy the toy at retail then pay shipping if I can help it.)

Lately when I buy a Transformer at a store, I shop with my younger brothers. And I usually look over the box and look at the bio and brag to my brothers how stronger or faster my Transformer is compared to theirs while on the ride home. We made a rule to not have three of the same toys in the house, with the exception of Blitzwing. :) 

4. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes for all the new classics to come out lol. The feeling of walking down the to the row of TF/joe figs and seeing the new stuff i want to jump out of my skin if its there . it is a great lash back to my childhood.

5. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

depends which one it is.

if it is a starscream/jazz/cliffjumper figure...yes.

i was also way too excited though with henkei prime and megatron. they rock.

6. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I'm excited for Universe wave 3, but BBTS doesn't know when they're going to come in (anybody have any idea?) So I have to be good and wait. In the meantime, I am in the process of cleaning my computer room and might store the TF's I'm going to keep (Classics/ Universe, the core BW, core RID, Animated, some movie related) and what I might sell on eBay( Energon, some BW, some BM, maybe some wrestling/ GI Joe/ Marvel Legends) , when and if I start my lofty eBay seller business for additoianal cash......

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Wow... you described it well.

That fits me perfectly.

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Comic Con displays illustrated an October 1st release for Universe wave 3 deluxe figures. In terms of me getting excited about getting a new toy, I rarely do. But there were sometimes at the beginning that I was excited about getting a new toy shipped.

9. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Yeah, he pretty much nailed it. Anyways, I'm getting anxious about the City Commander Trailer Set. I already have it preordered from BBTS and I just want that thing to be released already. :banghead: 

10. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Yeah you nailed it, I'm pretty much exactly like that when I order online too. Or sometimes especially before I buy something, I get all obsessed, looking for as many different pics and galleries I can find before I finally decide I gotta buy it. Then it comes, I look at it a few times, transform it once or twice, throw it back in the box and toss it in the closet forever.

That's not all the time or with every toy, but a lot more than it should be considering how bad I jones over stuff before I buy it. AND how much I sometimes spend a month.

I'm feeling that with the rereleased Unicron right now, but for 50 dollars I am finding it much easier to fight those urges. But I still have them...

Damnit.

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Not so much anymore... no.

Although the SDCC Rodimus and Blitzwing I ordered are getting on my nerves.

Rodimus because he is my holy grail of TF's and I finally got a good deal on him, Blitzwing because I ordered him a week ago from HTS and their bloody tracking code doesn't work anywhere.

12. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm only ever anxious when the package has tracking on it, and it seems to sit at the "Being checked by UK Customs" stage for too long.

ALWAYS worried about being hit by fees and their strange handling fees.

13. justinRODimus

lol, SDCC Rodimus is the one i described, should be in tomorrow.

BTW!! i meant to ask about how alternators are packaged (the bubble packaged ones, like rodimus') . when you open it, does anything have to be torn like when you rip the bubble of the card of a deluxe fig? i wanna open it but i like to preserve packaging, just wanted to know if the box will be ripped or anything.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love my SDCC Rodimus so yeah, I've had the feeling too. It's all about those flames baby! Felt the same way waiting for my Henkei Rodimus last month too. SDCC Rodi is packaged like the later Alts if I recall correctly - the bubble rather than the box like Sunstreaker and Prowl were. As a fellow Rodimus fan, I can say I think you're gonna love him.

15. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whenever I have a package coming in the mail I get excited every time the mail comes until my package comes with it. It bugs everyone else but i just can't help saying "I hope my package comes today." I am currently waiting for Movie Jolt to arrive in the mail.

16. justinRODimus

this is my first alternator so i have no clue how any of them are packages.

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Nope. I remain perfectly calm, despite having an Animated Shockwave on the way *shiver shiver* and he could get here any day now *shudder twitch* but I can stay calm *graaah*

18. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If i had an Animated Shockwave on the way I don't think I could resist shouting it to the heavens.

19. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I only get anxious until I buy it, then I can set it aside till whenever it's spot is ready in the collection, or I want to play with it.

Now in an instance like galvatron, I searched hardcore for 5 days till finding him randomly at Kohl's. I'm more addicted to the hunt I guess than I am the actual plastic crack addiction. Though that feeling of finding it after days of looking is a nice high in itself.

20. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You nailed it on the head. I'm anxiously awaiting Animated Ultra Magnus and the City Commander Set. I also enjoy the hunt, but BBTS sometimes makes it too easy LOL.