Are you Ever a Non Transformer Collector???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bigdaddymcqueen, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Bigdaddymcqueen

Bigdaddymcqueen Well-Known Member

I mean, I collected years ago, but always seem to have one or two that linger. Well I had the chance to get my Favorite of all time back! Could'nt pass it up!!! OMEGA PRIME!!!!
    14442678_10210271536685554_1639572579_n.jpg 14354963_10210263617967591_5262353305171840994_n.jpg 14329890_10210263618207597_2721623209793389306_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. andrewja

andrewja Active Member

Twitter:
    I've actually been a collector of non-Transformers stuff for a long time. Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Legend of Zelda. But recently, I have fell in love with third-party transformers. Not because they are not-Hasbro, but because they I love having high quality re-imagingings of toys/characters from my childhood. I have been collecting the Gravity Builder set, and the Dinobots from GigaPower. And I have been looking around for other characters that fit the Transformers: The Movie mold that my childhood was build around :p  .

I had a few transformers when I was a kid, but they were mostly hand-me-downs from my older brothers. They had a lot of the G1s, and always lamented my parents selling them at a yard sale. I remember I had the plastic re-releases of Constructicons (and Devastator (but I lost all of the additional pieces over time), Optimus Prime with the trailer (I may actually still have in a storage box), Soundwave I bought at a flea market that I was so fond of, Grimlock, Snarl, and Slag. I got into Beast Wars, but, at the time, I was still too young to admire the engineering of the toys for their time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In addition to Transformers, I also collect Mega Blok sets for Halo, Destiny, COD and I also collect LEGO action figures, so there are always moments where I pass up a TF for something else.

Glad I didn't pass on these.
    Now if only Omega would stand well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I collect Magic: The Gathering cards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Absolutely. I've collected Godzilla items for the past 22 years, and only got into Transformers when the live action films came out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. andrewja

andrewja Active Member

Twitter:
    My sympathies :p 

7. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'm not made of money but besides collecting Transformers I do collect Marvel Legends 6" figures here and there, back when Age of Ultron came out I was REALLY in and have completed four BAFs too! Still collect them now but it gets very expensive and I have to put Transformers first.

I also need to complete my Toy Story Revoltech and Sword Art Online Figma collections.

And a company making Figma like figures for RWBY is coming up so I'm going to try to collect those and hopefully they make more than the main four.

• Like Like x 2
  8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Mainly TF's but I am also a big Gundam nerd. I collect the GUNPLA model kits and have at least 100 boxes.. :p 

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Absolutely! I'm a fan of Marvel Legends, Figma, and I do Lego and Mega Bloks too whenever they interest me. But my biggest hobby after Transformers is Gundam and firearms.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Hey, if I cash out, I'll bring in some decent money.

11. andrewja

andrewja Active Member

Twitter:
    Not to derail the conversation, but, I tried to collect MTG cards, and it was extremely difficult, and not fun to me. Don't get me wrong, awesome to you if you find love in it! But, I couldn't last past three sets. Not to mention the backlog of cards to collect.

12. Bigdaddymcqueen

I collect mainly Dragons now, but some of the Transformers I've had before are beginning to come back home it seems. Good to know I'm not alone either.

13. Bigdaddymcqueen

I working on that! ;) 

14. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

Transformers are my primary collection, but I also have about 20 Halo Megabloks Mini figures (those things are just really cool! ), a handful of Marvel Legends figures, and a smallish Superman themed collection.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

I collect Boba Fett/Mandalorian stuff. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Just Monika.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like to see myself as a "collect whatever looks cool" type of guy. It just so happens that Transformers are the vast majority of what I collect :p 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Ghost; NOT a Wall or a Villain

Between the last time I quit being a Transformers collector, and the moment I decided to return, I was collecting Sword Art Online merchandise. This was later reduced to everything and anything tied to Gun Gale Online. And... For what became a brief event, I also tried to start a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean collection.

But, right now, it is strictly Headmasters. And I am planning to seek out something non-Transformers when I am not collecting that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I also freely collect TMNT, but like so many others I'm also forced to collect those monthly money sucking bills.

• Like Like x 2
  19. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I collect vintage toys in general, GI Joe mainly.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's funny, I didn't really collect much in the years before re-starting a Transformer collection and then joining this forum. I mean, after I stopped buying toys & comics as a kid and early adolescent, I transitioned into baseball & football cards, but that was it for a long time and that stopped shortly after high school.

Then I joined TFW and stuck with just Transformers for a long time, until I saw this thing called S.H. MonsterArts come up, first hearing about it from a thread or other members from here (I forget which). Somewhere around that time, I saw Gogdog post photos of the PAK Cyborg Ninja on Twitter; bought that on a whim, then snagged a few more PAKs after (I've never even played Metal Gear games). Then I'd see a lot of Rider stuff from other members, which led me to transition into jumping whole-hog into Kamen Rider Figuarts and SIC figures; I also starting picking up the Ultra-Act line as well (though I was already familiar with that series thanks to Ultraman Great airing in the US as a kid). Random mechs, Gundam (via Robot Spirits), the occasional anime figure (Attack on Titan, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion) and lately Marvel stuff (first 3.75 figures, then MCU Figuarts & Figmas, and now Legends).

• Like Like x 2