Are you disappointed with the customization?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Because honestly I slightly am.

I thought we'd have 30 parts per part type per class at LEAST, but now it's just 8 parts. It's still better than limited paint options for repainting a character, but really. Each part has only one part that isn't just a repaintable piece of a character so far.
    I know there's a lot of options, but I'd just expect more. The limited choices per part type reminds me of those boring crappy Flash mix and match games, although far more advanced.

It just feels like there's not enough options to differentiate you from other players. Like how almost every match you'll see someone with the same head as you, since there's only 8 head options per class.
    I do LOVE the voice option though. I'd expect it to be limited, and I don't mind.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I just thought of an example of how I thought it would be.
    I keep seeing all sorts of Decepticon scouts with Blast Off's torso, Onslaught's torso, Scattorshot's arms, etc.

2. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    No I'm not, look at the WFC customization then the FoC customization.

See a difference?

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at all. I'll finally have the option to make in game characters on my chassis.

4. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty happy with it honestly. and i'm sure they can always add more with dlc.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It is going to end up looking slightly limited if only because a large amount of players will flock to whatever pieces are the last to unlock as if its some kind of badge of achievement.
    But still, someone did the math and there are over 250,000 options per class which is a pretty decent selection.

Don't forget that a lot of people will also pass over being creative and making their own character for the sake of just using a pre-existing character. I think you'll see a fair bit of variety once people start unlocking stuff. Just prepare to see a lot of the same pieces in certain builds.

6. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

I'm glad the customisation is the way it is. I can see where you're going with your example, but on the other hand you'd end up seeing some wildly out-of-scale characters.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

It's still mix-n-match w/ paint options, and really that's quite impressive considering how limited WFC was in that you could ONLY use character models.

8. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    im pretty satisfied plus as someone said before, theres dlc that can give us access to even more parts and im sure that what we saw isnt everything. Sure people will end up having the same custom builds but thats bound to happen as soon as someone sees another person's custom character that they really like then copy it..

9. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I'm more than happy with it , to the extent I fangasm at the videos. Unlike WFC where I didn't change my chassis much , I'll be changing this alot. There is always DLC for more options and even then I will use pre exsiting character models too.

10. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    This is exactly why I'm disappointed.
    Note I am only SLIGHTLY disappointed, but still. I just don't like it being common to see someone with the same part as you.
    What I want to see is where it's an exclusively designed robot to differentiate him from the others. With this, it feels like they're randomly put together from a conveyor belt.

I'm still looking forward to it, I just wish there was enough variety to make it hard to find anyone with ANY of the same parts.

11. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    No matter how much variety you have there will be duplicates. Always.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    What if there were 500 parts per part type per class?

13. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    You'll still get a duplicate. Heck it even happens with SSN. At my office I saw a credit application where the husband and wife had the same SSN.

14. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    but itll be a lot better than wfc where you see nothing but jazz and dead end chasis all over the map and zeta primes etc... at least in FoC you'll see a lot of differences in how people mix parts together. Thats part of the reason Matt T said that the parts are just cosmetic so that people wont end up using the exact same parts just for stat boosts..

15. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Yeah I know.
    Perhaps I should have worded it as a "bother" rather than something that takes away from the customization.

16. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I've seen, I'm a little annoyed that parts appear to be class-specific. It doesn't seem like we'll be able to put Bumblebee's head on Warpath's body, or make Optimus Prime turn into a Jet.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in agreement here. What FOC is giving us is a lot more than WFC--how can one really complain? How do we know that what we're seeing is everything or even the final product? I assume that it is mostly what we WILL get, but I think there are some things that may still be added or even taken away when the game finally ships. Whatever happens, however, it IS more than WFC, and that in itself is fantastic!

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    I just remembered a REAL disappointment I think that people have overlooked.

I remember the GI November edition said that whatever robot you create, the vehicle will suit what you built, and transform smoothly. I thought that would mean there'd be a TON of different parts that are not just reuses of character's parts. And that the torso would only make up the primary pieces of the vehicle, not decide your vehicle entirely save for a small detail based on what vehicle it is, i.e. wings, tank barrel, wheels.
    I'm especially disappointed that all the vehicles are just reuses of other character's vehicles, and there aren't more custom parts that are designed randomly and are unnamed.
    They could have at least designed FOC versions of old characters and then added their parts, but not use them in the story.

My point is, it just is annoying to be made of mix and match of important characters rather than parts no one has seen before. I would rather there be NO parts from pre-existing characters.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Stop being a putdown this is a MASSIVE update then WFC I mean its high moons first time making a custom transformers system im sure if we get another TF game the customization will be bigger.

20. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Thank God you aren't making this game. Here's an option for you, don't buy it. That way you won't have to complain about it so much.