Are you all actually believing this nelson guy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatronski, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

not one word.

2. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

You're a visionary; but your vision is scary.

3. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Im over this misinformation stuff. The first movie, Orci and Kurtzman told everyone the names of all the robots and it still made a ton of money. so why do the names have to be such a big secret. just tell us already. instead of telling us the red ferrari is named rush and blue mercedes is named Q. its very juvenile to just screw with our heads, to me it doesnt show the production respects the fans

4. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

So right you are. misinformation is pretty stupid and childish

5. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:

That assumes that Bay gives two $#!ts about tiny spoiler info being leaked to a niche Transformers forum. This isn't like him telling Good Morning America... We've been told for weeks that Rosie is playing Carly, yet in a morning news show, they said she was playing Mikaela. So rather obviously, the info from here isn't leaking to major news sites as fact or being taken as fact.

Which is the only reason I dislike the hints... If you're going to spoil it, spoil it. Don't turn it into some sort of silly guessing game.

6. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    How has Nelson ever proven himself to be more than just a normal guy that enjoys screwing with us.

Hell, if I called myself, oh say, Smith. Would I be able to go around saying stuff like Optimus isn't in the movie, and the firetrucks name is Sunstreaker and have it be believed?

I'm just trying to say that "Nelson" gives of a real "random guy that's just screwing with us" vibe.

I invite Nelson to give us more than just names and pictures. Give us something too prove that your more than just some guy.

7. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Um, wow... it's just a movie.

8. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Nah! I will wait until movie comes out, instead of going apesh*t over some little info.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I take everything movie news wise with a grain of salt unless there is concrete Info to base it on. so what Nelson has told us is interesting but I am waiting for further confirmation before I believe 100%

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I don't know what to believe.

Sometimes I want to believe Nelson, like when he says that the blue Mercedes is called "Q", that the NASCARs are The Wreckers, and that TF3 will be like Armageddon+War of the Worlds. But I don't want to believe when he says Jolt won't be in it, and that the firetruck isn't Inferno, Pyro or Hotspot.
    It's very possible he's giving out mis-information. He does work right under Bay, after all. He'd be a great mis-informer to the fandom, as he interacts directly with them.

I think we just have to take EVERYTHING we hear with a grain of salt.

11. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

Agree with both of u guys. Till i see it on the screen. Ill take pictures.... vids.. and what have you. But names.. Does it really matter... What they say will or wont be in the movie... Is it gonna matter that much that it will make or break your $12 or what have you 2 see this movie ?

12. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm just saying... You guys are toooooo trusting....

13. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I guess it's time I say something here. I'm telling this as a fan....

I trust Nelson. There's more to news than meets the eye. Nelson's cool and I'm happy he's here and everywhere. I think we've only got about 9 months left till the third movie is released. You guys waited for 15 months... just a little more. I'm pretty sure that the complete list of robots will be online for the public just like last time. Who knows, maybe we'll have a lot of fan favorites this time. Sometimes mirages do come true. :) 

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  14. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The best thing Michael Bay ever did was say there would be a misinformation campaign. He didn't even have to actually do anything in regards to it, just by saying there would be one was enough to make certain people tie themselves in knots each time something leaked out. And they continue to do so.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't trust Nelson. If this was the X-Men then Micheal Bay would be Magneto and Nelson would be Toad. When Micheal Bay farts Nelson knows what it smells like before Bay does.

Even if he was a really nice guy just attempting to get accurate information out though it's really tough when something is still filming. Anyone who's followed all the spoilers and making of with the other two films knows how much stuff can change from day to day during filming. So something he says today could be 100% true only to get changed a week later.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Think about the context here, dude. You've got an apparently official source leaking bits of information that seem connected to the actual production of the film to genre nerd fans, who are notorious for taking a rumor and running miles with it. On top of that, no genre nerd fan is content to sit back and wait for a film to get released - they wanna know NOWNOWNOWNOW!!!

...so yeah, you can pretty much expect that no matter what Nelson spoonfeeds out, a good majority of the TF fans are going to buy it, regardless of whether or not it's bullshit.

17. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    isnt it kinda hard not to believe him.. i mean so far hes been giving us the only info on the film that we know...yes some might be true some might be false but jsut take it with a grain of salt. thats what i do dont get super excited just get excited when u see the pics thats the best way to go with this stuff. thats just my opinion

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Nelson's the guy that runs Michael Bay's website. He's not some "normal guy that enjoys screwing with us?"

19. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Ah, I always assumed that when ever someone mentioned him having ties to Bay they meant that he CLAIMED to have ties to Bay.

I never new he ran Bay's website, now I know.
    Thanks, I'm surprised I've been so ignorant.

He works under Bay, so it's hard to believe he isn't misinforming us or giving VERY subtle hints.

20. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Says the guy who salivates every time TheLastPrime speaks. Give me a break.