Are you a newbie to the site due to the Movie? Sound off here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards all new people! It's great to see so many new faces. :D 

2. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

Am I a newbie to the site due to the movie?

Um... sure. The movie made me new. Thanks for the welcome.

3. n2escape

n2escape Mojo_Jojo

Hi- Yes I'm a newbie. What can I say I grew up watching the transformers when they first came out. I have the original G1 toys still in mint condition in my storage. After they started steering away from making them metal I grew up and lost interest... until now. I'm Cautiously anxious about the movie. Some of the new designs and pics that I've seen are pretty cool but yes they are not the same as the originals.

4. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

Newbie to the site but not for the movie..Been lurking for 2 months now because i started to learn 3ds max..
    Wanted to try to build something so i thought transformers because i grew up with them.
    I needed alot of pics per character to build them and this site came up to google and been here since.
    Reason i registered is because some forums needed registration..Kinda glad i did though =]

5. Ben Weldon

Ben Weldon GO TEAM VENTURE!

Hi everyone. I loved the toys and cartoon as a kid and the movie has rekindled that interest.

6. DEPOSITRON

DEPOSITRON Energon on the rocks.

i am new but not because of the movie. just want to meet people who are as crazy as me about transformers. plus i just had to kick out my roomate who loves transformers and now i got noone to talk to. haha

7. GibsonUSA

GibsonUSA Well-Known Member

Hi, I've browsed TF sites for years but, like many other people over the last few weeks, registered on this forum out of sheer outrage over how insulting this movie is turning out to be....and to express myself somehow.

8. Optimus Mettle

Optimus Mettle Member

I am new to the site but definitely a loooong time fan of TF in most incarnations...except "Robots in Disguise." My favorites are G1, Beast Wars and Beast Machines. The "Cybertron" or "Galactic Wars" have begun to grow on me though. I can't wait to see the movie. I have seen the early designs that were leaked and I must say I'm fairly optimistic. I loved the Prime pic, and Bumblebee looked good too. Megatron is said to be a very early design...so I have faith. I do think the designs look pretty good though, I mean really if a car were to transform into a robot it would need to look more like these models. Otherwise they would look like the toys and cartoon come to life...and just like some superhero costumes, exact translations...SUCK! Could you imagine the X-men in brightly colored spandex. Would look horrible. Now Imagine 3D giant transformers that look just like the cartoon. Now put them in the real world...Doesnt look too good to me. Anyway some change has to be made as long as the essence of the original material is kept intact. Names may change...forms may change...but as long as Megatron is a total Badass and Starscream is a schemer, and of course Optimus is the leader we all know and love...I'll be there,

9. jg74

jg74 New Member

New too this but been here since I was 10....1984

Hey, I grew up on G1. Thats pretty much all I know. I saw the designs, Black out is awesome! Prime o.k. I understand why they did bumblebee..........But what the hell with megs and scream! I know you cant make a gun...... and thats cool, But scream is a joke! the face is awful, and it wouldnt be scream without the air intakes as shoulders! Cmon Bay! We know you have the best in mind. pretty much......GIVE US WHAT WE WANT

10. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Welcome aboard everyone!

11. Optimus Mettle

Optimus Mettle Member

Hey I'm just glad you can deal with some of the designs. I havent seen the Starscream design other than the kind of jet he is...which is freakin sweet. Can you point me in the direction of the pics of him in robot mode?

Also I'm loving the Prime design. It's freakin awesome. I think adding the flames to bring out the colors of Optimus. Anyway METTLE OUT!

12. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

Just found this site long time transformers fan " Till all are one"

13. ALL4ONE

ALL4ONE Both Sides are cool.

Im new but not becase of the movie.Just never got around to registering becase I thought it cost money.Im not a tight wad I just dont make alot lol.But with my new job that will change.Anyway so far Prime is the only halfway decent looking one in the film thus far.I really am goimg to rage if they dont change some of the other bot ideas for the film.Sorry but Starscreem sucks so far.I can live with bumblebee but please I hope they change some of the other ones.

14. ALL4ONE

ALL4ONE Both Sides are cool.

Not me but I joined tonight.So welcome thunder

15. Supreme Prime

Supreme Prime Supreme Cosmic Being

Hi my name is Supreme Prime.

I Love TF. I love Transformers since G1 television series. Haven't seriously bought a TF since RiD. I'm eagerly awaiting what is actually going to happen with the Movie, but no matter what I will go and pay money to see this new and different version of the series that I love Transformers. LONG LIVE TRANSFORMERS, UNTIL ALL ARE ONE.

16. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

Joined the board because I was tired of the movie hate on most of the other boards.

17. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Newbie sort of

I have been coming to these boards ever since the G1 reissues came out years ago but never became a member. I have to admit the movie has kind of got me pumped again about Transformers. Which is why I finally bit the bullet and joined up. I am glad I did.

Basically I am collecting G1 figures and a Unicron or Primus here or there.

18. oneredlude

oneredlude New Member

I'm a newbie to the boards, but a long-time fan of the Transformers. I don't necessarily like the direction that the movie is taking....call me old-school, or "geewunner" or whatever, but that's how I feel. I've joined this board and one other at seibertron.com so that I could keep tabs on the latest movie info and to voice my opinion every now and then.

19. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Casual TF fan, deluked because of the movie.

Like, Prime crotch, I joined this board because it isn't filled with senseless vitrol for the movie and for posters who criticise instead of just plane hate.

20. AllthatJazz

AllthatJazz New Member

Hi guys, I'm kind of new to the boards, been coming for about a month, checking out pics and discussions on the upcoming movie. I used to be a big fan as a kid, back in G1 days, but got away from it as i got older. Favorite character was always(obviously) Jazz. (I'm excited to see how he's going to be portrayed in the movie) I'm trying to keep an open mind about the newer series' as I try to catch up. Hope to see you guys on the boards!