Are you a newbie to the site due to the Movie? Sound off here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 1, 2006.

1. shinzoutron

shinzoutron Member

New

I had transformers as a kid, and I recently bought some new ones. I love the Realistic transformer Alternators line. I came here because of the movie hype of course. I lost a lot of sleep last month doing cg work for the teaser trailer. :cool:  sorry but I can't give any details. Just three more weeks matey...harr

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    won't you be my friend?

3. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    really? thats awesome if true! I can't wait to see some of your work, and thats coming from a fellow CG artist :D 

4. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome all newbies!

5. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice, welcome aboard. Do you have some examples of your work? I love exploring new CGI art.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I like your name. :)  Welcome to the boards!

7. shinzoutron

shinzoutron Member

Sure, http://www.vwfeatures.com/jetta.html
    Transmissions, and interior floormats :) 

8. callmaster

callmaster Well-Known Member

Well, not really here because of the movie. I watched the animated movie when I was a kid back in the 80'ties and I loved it alot. Never really had a chance of getting it on any media till lately. Only the reconstructed version though but I was excited to learn that Sony was releasing the 20th anniversary special edition dvd.

And even more excited to learn about the Dreamworks movie out in a year plus. Wonder what it's going to be like though. I bet there's going to be alot of TF fans after this. Just like LOTR. Nobody ever heard about it and suddenly, everyone's a huge fan once the movie hits. And to think I read that book 20 years before it hit the movies? LOL

I'm Ref from Malaysia. I've been a TF fan for quite a while now. Back in the day, I had hundreds of action figures but they slowly just disappeared over the years. My mother had a habit of giving em away to younger kids that came to the house.

I'm a very BIG Optimus Prime fan and would like to start collecting all OP action figures again. Starting off with the 20th anniversary action figure (US) along with the Takara one from Japan.

Also lookin for the previously released Lithos. That's in the wanted ad thread. Think you can help? Let me know.

Anyway, great website. Love this place and thank you for letting me in.

9. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The Movie has snagged another newb.

Well I got sucked in because of the release of the new movie.

I was obsessed with Transformers (and Voltron ;-)) between the ages of 3 and 7. Yeah, the toys were meant for 5+, but I was a bright kid who knew not to swallow small objects. I went home for fathers day and went rummaging through my room and attic for toys, mostly to sell on ebay. I was heartbroken to discover all the best ones were missing and that my mother had sold them in a garage sale when I was 12!!!

Well, instead of selling on Ebay I began to buy. My first purchase was Doublecross who was my favorite figure from the toy line. Then I went to a Toys 'R Us yesterday after work and spent 60 bucks on cybertron series robots. I had to stop myself from buying out the entire store!! I bought Galvatron, Skywarp and Exceleron.

The Galvatron had already been opened by some overly zealous kid and the box was torn a little. Well I fixed the box and carefully took out the figure and proceeded to examine it. Transformers have changed SOOOO much since I was a kid. The joints move in every direction and I had to look at the instructions to know how to transform the figure.

Well, now I am back on the TF boat and feel like a kid again. I may not be that old, but I feel more free for some reason now....

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

One of us! one of us! one of us!

11. Primus

News Credits:
    Welcome aboard! Yeah, TF's have changed quite a bit since the old days. I think that the Classics line should take us back to being able to TF the bots without using the directions.

Enjoy the board.

12. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    very cool! can I assume you're on board doing some internal components and such? If I am allowed to ask that is :D 

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  :lol 

That's funny because it's true

I've never really thought about it but seriously these days it's initially pretty hard to transform one of the newer toys without the instructions.Like RID Sideburn or BW Tigerhawk for instance

Whereas with G1 toys you can figure it out just by looking at the toy

14. Primus

News Credits:
  15. rushie

rushie but you can call me blue

Hey guys!

My name's rush and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Like many others, hearing about the new TF movie sparked fond memories of watching TF cartoon with my older brother and playing with my soundwave, ravage and laserbeak toys in the school play ground. FYI i was the coolest girl in the playground cos I had 'boy toys' :) 

Like many others, I'm also from the G1- G2 era when I watched them before leaving for school in the mornings... but i guess as time and school went on, I started leaving home earlier and missing the progression of the series. Every now and again I'd catch an episode on TV - sometimes wondering 'who the hell are these guys?' - but I'd still watch ;) 

So to cut a long story short, I found myself here only to realise there is a lifetime of TF stories/series I've missed out on since the G1 days - which i hope to rectify :) 

Cheers.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    welcome to the boards :) 

17. bumblebee5

bumblebee5 New Member

Hey! Well, I am not really new to the website but I finally decided to join in on the discusions! I love this website!
    My name is Ben and I am from Columbus, Georgia. I have been a huge fan of Transformers since the begining! I like many other fans wish I could go back in time and make sure that my younger self didn't bury half of my collection in the back yard or stopped my mother from selling them in the Yard Sale!! It still pains me! Huge fan of the comics and collecting the Alternators line (I can't wait for the Classics line!!!) I just started doing some kitbashing a few months ago with some of my extra Alternators - I should have some pics to post in the kitbashers section soon. Oh and My wife thinks that I am absolutely crazy!! I know most of you will have experienced the same with your spouse or girlfriends or whoever. Well just a few more days until the teaser trailer comes out!!! Till all are One!

18. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

Newbie!!

Hey All,
    Yeah I'm a newbie to the boards. Been checking out your site for quite a while though. And I got to say you guys have done an outstanding job!
    My Transformers history?? Die hard fan of the cartoon back in the day....collected the toys back in the day..and I have every single comic from the original series in mint condition wrapped up in plastic...I'm talking every single one..even the Joe vs. TF series..I'm not boasting or bragging...just proud!!
    I'm not into Beast Wars, Energon and all the other offshoots that pretend to be Transformers cause in my closed mind they just aren't Transformers...the original was laid to rest in the 80's.
    Needless to say that I am little more than excited about this movie and believe in every aspect of what is going on with it. I trust that the filmakers will do the right thing by all of us!!!
    With all that jabbering I just did, I actually have a bit of insider info that I came across by dumb luck...I didn't find it online...I got it from the mouth of someone..I met an individual that works for a certain talent agency who is handling the voice casting for this film. This person disclosed to me that Ludacris is the voice of one of the Decepticons....at which point I rolled my eyes and became a little disturbed....at which point this person told me that I shouldn't be worried because he speaks with such a deep voice that you don't even recognize him as Ludacris...also,this person told me that the voice work they are doing on this film for the robots is out of this friggin world!!!
    7/4/7!!!!!!

19. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not to be mean but, you shouldn't be so closed minded about TFs especially if you are excited about the movie. I think that you might have to be a little more open minded to enjoy the new movie. Just don't want you to be disappointed

P.S. Welcome everyone :D 

20. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

don't get me wrong...

It's Transformers!!! Live action!!! It's going to take a lot for me to be disappointed, no matter what characters are in the movie!! So no worries!!!