Are you a germaphob?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John_Force, May 20, 2010.

?

Are you a Germaphob

Poll closed May 26, 2010.
  1. Yes

22.4%
  2. No

77.6%
  1. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seriously. Are you always carrying Purell and washing your hands? Despise touching doorknobs?
    I'll admit I'm agressive when I wash my hands. I don't use Purell that often. Little bit of bacteria never hurts.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I don't carry Purell, but I am a bit of a germaphobe. I always open public doors with my shirt and I wash my hands several times a day. I've seen enough people leave bathrooms without washing their hands to scare me into being like this.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

No, I am not.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'm not.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, I'm not, but I believe in good hygiene, and you should wash your hands b4 eating and after going to the bathroom..at home or in public..it just the decent thing to do :thumb 

6. Skullman

Skullman Dr. Wily's 32nd Robot

I wash my hands rather frequently, but the only time I have to absolutely wash is before and after eating. But I'm still very fond of clean hands.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Using Purel on everything just promotes the growth of purel-resistant germs. I think my immune system can handle enough that I don't need to take extra care to avoid germs.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not me. I mean, yeah I am an advocate of personal hygene, but I do too much stuff that involves being around gross stuff or dirt.

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Nope, I practice proper hygiene but i do not take it to exrtremes

10. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Yes. Some people are really disgusting. Sometimes after a trip to Walmart I need to immeditly take a shower and wash whatever I was wearing. I also hate going to peoples houses (other than family or SUPER close friends), sitting on foreign furniture, or touching ANY kind of fabric outside of my house. If you've ever had scabies you'd understand. I also always have hand sanitizer and wipe down shopping carts. Just thinking about this is making me want to throw up.

11. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    +1. I used to carry a small bottle of Purell around when I was in the military, but that's only because so many people touched so many of the same things...like the girls in the dorms.

12. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You know, I wonder on a daily basis how mankind managed to survive into the planet dominating force we are with the amount of rampant germaphobia I see all the time.

Not to say that my time is some incredibly important resource and anything that manages to slow me down should be annihilated, but the other day I was unable to enter the grocery store due to 3 different people wiping down their whole shopping carts with those sani-wipes. I want to know what on Earth could be so hazardous about the grocery shopping experience that you feel the need to wipe off the basket of the shopping cart so that the food that already is within at least one sanitary package, possibly two, doesn't end up killing you.

I could understand if there was a pool of vomit in the bottom of the cart. Yeah, I'd probably clean that up. Actually I would pick a different cart. But for the life of me I can't think of what would be able to survive on the wire mesh cart and be able to infiltrate the packaged goods to get to me. Hell, if it can make that sort of leap, what the hell is a little sanitary wipe going to do to it? Just piss it off. That's right.

So I say, give your immune system a little bit of a workout. Don't worry about those same germs that have been around since we decided that opposable thumbs were all the rage. If you don't already have a compromised immune system, you don't need to live in an antibacterial shielded bubble.

13. kraven

kraven Decepticon

After thar rant I feel that I should specify that I only wipe down the handle of shopping carts and I always go into the store a little and off to the side so im not in anyones way because I hate people and especialy when they stand around and block walkways.

Also Its not so much germs that i dont like, its just people in genral, and I dont want to touch any kind of nasty-ness that some people leave behind if I can help it regardless if its harmful or not.

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i don't honestly wash my hands all the time, but if it really needs washing i will, i try to take a shower every, but i slack usually on the weekends......it builds immunity, there is a reason i am rarely sick

15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Glad to say I'm not. In fact I used to make a habit out of dumpster diving a couple of years ago. Eating out of a dumpster is probably a germaphobe's worst nightmare :p 

Personal hygiene is important though so I wash my hands regularly and take showers every other day.
    I agree with guard convoy about the immunity. Being around germs definately makes your body more resistant. I rarely get sick either.

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Nope, I only shower about once maybe twice a week, I almost never wash my hands.

17. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Just in my school really. just before I eat and stuff.

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I am, but only as much as washing my hands quite frequently. I'm not Adrian Monk though.

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I don't like that it is a yes or no. Because, I am, but, I'm not. Sometimes I can be freaked out, and other times I don't care. It is strange. For instance, a lot of times in my own house, I am worried(because I know more of what goes on in my house), yet I can go to work and not be bothered at all. I tend to wash my hands a lil longer than normal at home, but outside the home, it's not as bad.

In stores, I don't use carts if I don't have to, because I have seen stuff that just make me cringe. I recall seeing this one family carting around their kid in the cart, and he is sneezing, coughing, and all that stuff. First thing through my mind is, why the hell would that family take their kid out knowing he is that sick, second was I am staying as far away from that kid as possible. I use hand sanitizer after going in a store if I handled a lot of stuff. I avoid public bathrooms like the plague, I don't care if it is the cleanest bathroom in the world.

Now hotel rooms...I don't use the comforter blanket, I don't touch the remote, I don't use the same towel twice, other than that, I am ok.

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

No lol
    Gotta stay a little dirty to keep the immune system on it's toes or something.