Are you a Decepticon of Autobot collector?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Sep 26, 2011.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Im sure we all are both, but I was looking at my growing collection, and autobots dominate it.

I have:
    24 Autobots

to

8 decepticons.

Now that can change, and I didn't really do it on purpose. as I have 3 bees and 4 (getting 5th Rodimus with a Protector/Classics Purchase) Rodimus's

So, how about you guys. Which side would win the numbers game if your collection went all Toy Story when you left the room

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    It is pretty inevitable that a lot of us are going to have more Autobots. TF Animated and Classic style figures come to mind for me. Even with all the seekers (I think 20) that I own, there were a lot more Autobots made in the classics line. There were also an uneven amount of Autobot made in Animated. Add that to the fact that I went a little overboard on Wreck-gars, and the Rodimus mold for classics, and am trying to get all the different animated Optimus Primes, and it makes it even more tilted toward the Autobots in those series.

3. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Most of my favorite characters from G1 and BW are decepticons/predacons so that's what I own most of. I own a large number of Primes because the toys are usually good but I try to pass them off as either Ginrai or bad guys like Scourge, Nova or other similar ones. If get a character I also try to get their rival like Cyclonus/Magnus or Galvatron/Rodimus.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have more older (G1 and G2) Autobots that Decepticons, but my more current stuff (Animated, Movie and Classics) has more Decepticons than Autobots.

5. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't done a head count but I would lay odds on me having more Deceptcions. I just seem to gravitate that way. Also I get 2 of each Starscream and even in lines I care nothing about I'll pick up Starscream and Shockwave.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    they are biased towards autbots because Hasbro releases more of them, BUT, if you troop build, that's a different story.

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I havnt really counted my factions but id say im more of an Autobot collector judging by my Optimus vs. Megs collection, with 8 Primes to 3 Megatrons.

8. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

Like everyone says, there are just more autobots than decepticons. It's echo'ed in my HA, movie leader, MP, and TFA, collections

When I was younger, I mainly collected G1 decepticons cuz i liked tanks and planes

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I have some TFs with missing parts that aren't on my Shelf,but from what's on there,I think I just barely have more cons

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    try for more cons, but being an animated/classics completionist, probably more bots than cons

11. KowBot

KowBot Well-Known Member

I generally get more Decepticons, But here lately 'Cons have been in short supply and I have found myself buying more and more Autobots.

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Since I only really collect Coughing, Hacking, Ulcers, and Germs, I want to say that it's pretty even, especially since I tend to repurpose toys from other lines to fill in the Decepticon ranks.

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    More Decepticons, though overall it would be interesting to see by how much.

Some lines, like Energon I got nearly every Decepticon against about 6 Autobots. Though being a big Animated fan, I've got every mold except Deluxe BB and some of the redecos, leading to more 'bots in that line.

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Decepticons by a very wide margin.

15. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i definately have more bots than cons. im prefer the autobots over the cons thats why. not many cons really do it for me. simple as that.

16. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

interesting question i must say. i was looking at my own collection last night thinking the same thing and for me although there are more bots than cons in mine i actually prefer the cons.the color schemes seem darker and if this makes sense more mature and reflective of the decepticons as a whole.the only exception i see to that rule is classics megatron as i think he would never be caught dead with bright neon orange.
    but yeah i much prefer collecting the decepticons.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

By the nature of it, I have more Autobots on display. Doesn't mean I specifically intended to collect that way though. The Henkei line was about 2:1 Autobots.

18. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    In the movie line, which I actively collect, I keep it even. Ramdom buys from other lines are almost always Decepticons.

19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have only the Autobots, I do not want to spend money for the Decepticons :) 

20. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I collect both. At the moment I have 42 Autobots, and 41 Decepticons on display.