Are we really only a month away from a second DOTM teaser?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Albershide, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So as you may know this year's Super Bowl XLV is scheduled for February 6, 2011. This makes exactly one month from now. The last show was watched by 106.5 million viewers, so this is really a good place to advertise your movie and be sure that many people will see it. That's what they did with ROTF.
    The possibility to see a 30'' teaser of DOTM is very big, especially after Michael said that this time we will be getting several teasers. And it's almost certain that the full trailer will be released in late April or May (at least that was the case with the previous two movies).
    Now I want to point out one interesting thing. We now know that DOTM is way ahead of schedule compared to ROTF during the same period 2 years ago. And still have a look at how many shots were finished for ROTF:

YouTube - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Super Bowl TV Spot [2009] [720p HD]

So you could imagine how many work they have finished for DOTM.
    One other thing - if you remember the first concept of Megatron for ROTF leaked in September 2008. Now it's January and still we haven't seen anything from DOTM in terms of concepts and character information. And I really want to congratulate Michael and the whole crew for the strict discipline and not letting anything to slip out from their fingers. Maybe this is the most top secret movie ever.
    Still I guess in the next few weeks there will be an official statement if there will be a teaser on February 6th. At least they have to make a preliminary request for the teaser to the TV network that will air the Super Bowl.

2. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn! That's still a great teaser.

I can't wait for the next Teaser. DOTM looks very promising, and each leak and teaser or trailer gets me that much more excited. I heart spoiler season.

3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    I feel we will get somthing in Feb
    from the first trailer we saw i could tell bay was taking this quite serious

4. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    I hope so Im counting on bay here Shockwave is my favourite sad to see die in a movie beacuse hes the final villian of the movies.

He better be purple, head design badass

Megatron is a truck very nice design

A Albert Einstein transformers mixed feelings but still if it is wheeljack thats great

A gold autobot that was found in the crash ship( ark I hope ) on the moon considered to be sentinel prime or alpha trion

A group of nascars (the wreckers) autobots have robot modes

Three SUV drones (decepticons)

A beauitful freaking red Ferrari

Oh yeah things looking better and better

5. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    well the superbowl is the summer movie trailer showcase so i deff bet we wil be getting a trailer for the film and others.
    i just hope we get to see more bots and not just a fresh twist on the first teaser.

6. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
  7. deceptor83

deceptor83 Well-Known Member

I loved that teaser, I watched it over n over lol. I also remember everyone getting excited trying to figur out who demolishor was. Just sad to see him go out easy like that.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I really can't wait for February! So much cool stuff, like more TFP episodes and the DOTM trailer! My friends were talking about the Superbowl and I asked "When is it again?" and they said "We didn't know you cared about sports!" and then I said "I don't give a flying fuck about sports, I just want to know because that's when the TF3 trailer comes out! XD"

9. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I imagine we'll get the actual teaser trailer with either Rango or I am Number Four (Bay produces). Remember the first full teaser for ROTF was in front of the Friday the 13th remake, which Bay also produced. And the full trailer will run in front of Thor. That's my guess.

10. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is it in terms of dates:

ROTF TV spot aired on 1 February 2009 (Super Bowl XLIII) and the teaser of the movie was released two week later with Friday The 13th (which was produced by Michael Bay) on 13 February 2009.
    Now about DOTM - the Super Bowl is on 6 February 2011 and two week later on 18 February 2011 the movie I'm Number Four is released (it is also produced by Michael Bay).

I don't know if this is coincidence but the situation is absolutely identical. So we can positively say that on 6 February we will see DOTM TV Spot and on 18 February the full teaser.