Are we fussed about the transformation noises?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by doomboy536, Oct 30, 2010.

1. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I just watched the Prime Teaser, and I swear you can hear the classic transformation sound at one point. I think it would be fun if we had it, but I'm not that fussed. What are your thoughts?

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I think I heard it in every preview I have seen. The classic noise is as much a partof TF lore as is Prime, Megarton, Autobot and Decpeticon.

I am happy to hear that it is there but I wouldn't fuss abotu it if it was not.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    It's not like it hasn't been used before.

It'd be nice if it was actually integrated effectively into the action. Someone needs to have a word with their sound editor, methinks.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't care, I think the original sound is horrible without accompanying noises but it's not bad enough to bother me.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

blah i'd rather they come up with a new sound, that actually sounds like it's transforming, rather then the cheap thing they came up with 25 years ago, probably at the last minute lol

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care about the old transformation sound.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I personally would prefer if they didn't use that noise, but if it works, great, if not, then they're just fanwanking.

8. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

A combination of the old noise and the BW "clanks" might be interesting.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It depends on what the designs are like, really. In G1 where the Transformations were simpler, less parts moved, and the robots were very blocky and chunky, the "Wa choo cha choo chi!" worked. However, now, when all the robots are pointy, with transformations that work like metallic origami, the clanks and clonks work better.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's used several times, actually. When both Eradicons transform, and when BB, Arcee and Cliffjumper transform.

It's safe to say it's there, however I really don't like how it's used, unmodified and sounds very shoe-horned in. These designs need the "clank-clunk" noises of Beast Wars and the movies. It just sounds horrible here.

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I don't care about what sound they use, really, but it would be hilarious if they shouted "TORAAANS-FOOOHM!" every time they did it. :D 

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I agree with those that are saying it would be cool to have it integrated in with other effects, but not just used by itself. I like it.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The G1 transform effect is distinctive and awesome, however...

When used as nothing more than a piece of audio 'clip art', it doesn't work. In the G1 cartoon, the animation was (roughly) timed to match the length of the sound and/or the sound itself was modified to work the other way. At its best (like in MTMTE), the animation and audio synced to fit like a glove made of sound. Most modern applications are little more than "push the transform noise button", and when the transforming animation is a half-second out of step with the G1 sound effect one way or another, it's no wonder that is feels tacked-on.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not fussed. I'm not of the school of thought that TFs transforming needs to be accompanied by a distinctive noise. Generic sounds of metal on metal, panels sliding, cogwheels spinning and pistons pounding are enough for me.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I Like that they used it , but it would not be the end of the world if the did not.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not fussed! :D 

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I love the transformation noise! Something that was long missing from TFs until TFA finally brought it back. It was great to hear it in the Prime promo clips. I don't know how this use of it was any different from G1, if at all, but if there is any difference in the actual sound, I can't tell, it's close enough for me (unless you are talking about the sync up of sound and animation of transforming, but again I don't care as long as the noise is just there, it's good enough for me.) Without the noise though, something always feels like it is missing. I's so glad Prime will use it.

18. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    It reminds me of the first promos for Armada, in which the original noise was tacked on. It seemed to work, however, the show ended up creating its own version of the sound, and for the first 10-20 episodes it seemed it couldn't really figure out what kind of noise it was going to use. I think Animated integrated the noise in the same way that G1 did, that is that the noise and the motions of the bots matched nicely. However, if you watch RiD, or even the new movies, it is clear that the sound is simply inserted and is thus out of synch with what is on screen. I LOVE the sound. However, if it is being thrown in without being in synch with the animation, simply as a fan wank, don't do it.

My guess? Those promos simply had the sound tacked on. I would bet that they don't have it at all. Remember the first trailer for TF 2007 that had the sound tacked on to Prime's transformation? Yeah, like that.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm happy for them to use it, either in its original form or modified slightly.

If it's not there then I won't shed too many tears about it, just so long as there is a transformation sound of some sort.

20. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's used. It should always be used, tweaked yes, but ALWAYS used...