are we ever going to get combiners and dinobots in the season2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by tfprime32, May 14, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    are we ever going to get combiners and dinobots in the season2?

back in sometime in 2011 they said there will be combiners and dinobots and there is none! and we only have maybe 15 more eps. left of this season!

i love the optimus prime team dont get me wrong but they got to have more crew(bots)! the cons have more than a ton ! and they introduce new charters of the cons but no new bots in a while! what is your thoughts on this or is this just me???

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what the Decpeticons have over the Autobots. Charts.

Quick question? Are you on Internet Explorer or Chrome?

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    They said Dinobots were part of their long-term plan, not that they'd be in season 2

4. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    OOOOHHHHH! I heard from my friend/ online wrong then.

but on a side note. do you think we will get more autobots soon!

5. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    All signs point to maybe

6. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    It was confirmed that we'll be getting a new Autobot, so maybe we'll get one in season 2.

7. R_Death_angel

R_Death_angel Active Member

This made me laugh for about 2 minutes straight. Much needed after a long, hard day of work and an accursed hangover!

Anyway, yeah, Dinobots seem likely, even if it's just for the mid-season two-parter. They're showing up in FoC so it's definitely possible. Wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if it was just Grimlock actually. It'd give them more of a chance to do something with the character and they wouldn't have to spend time and money on building four (technically 12, actually) brand new CGI models for characters who probably wouldn't get any characterisation.

Either way, I can see a couple more 'bots showing up before the end of the season but I'd argue that you don't need them. Arcee, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Bulkhead, Jack, Miko, Raf, Fowler and June still have a ways to go with their character arcs, as do Megs, 'Screamer, Soundwave, Airachnid, Knockout, Dreadwing and Silas. That's almost TOO MANY character arcs to pay-off in the short amount of time we have until the end of season 3 (assuming it does an Animated and doesn't go past the 3rd season.)

Now what I really want them to do is a Vehicon episode, following a nameless grunt around for a day :p 

8. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Dinobots were stated to be part of "long-term plans". This was stated during the middle of season 1, so I could potentially see at least Grimlock (and he'll likely be the only Dinobot to show up at all) appearing at the end of S2/beginning of S3.

Combiners, I believe they said "Oh there'll be Combiners, don't you worry" or thereabouts. So they're also a safe bet, and more likely to appear this season than Grimlock, actually.

9. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks for answering my question!

10. R_Death_angel

R_Death_angel Active Member

Agreed! I actually thought Project Chimera was going to be Bruticus, what with Mech trying to get that one prototype to scan a helicopter and the chimera of myth being a "combination" of multiple parts. Also, it would have been a nice nod to G1, having Starscream involved in the creation of the Combaticons.

11. Optimus1116

Optimus1116 Autobot

News Credits:
    Did anyone ever think about if the Dinobots could be a relic?

12. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I've considered the thought, but it seems unlikely.

Then again, what better way to introduce dinosaur robots than to have them be buried on Earth?

13. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

Maybe they can link it to "Beast Prime". The first Transformer with a beastmode, just a thought !!

[​IMG]

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would they be relics?

Iacon was a cultural center and strong hold housing historical documents, cultural artifacts and confiscated class A Decepticon weapons, all of which sound nothing like Dinobots.

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think we have a better chance to see combiners before the Dinobots, although I feel the Dinobots would work so much better with Prime.

Prime kind of has this scavenger hunt type thing going on and it would just fit perfectly if the Dinobots were the next Cybertronian "artifact" the two factions would need to uncover. We all know
    Shockwave is coming, why not take a page out of the comic storylines?
    It'd be a good way to introduce the Dinobots.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

They might be waiting until about the end of the season to introduce a combiner. Some concept to get people excited for season 3. It wouldn't be the first or last show to introduce something cool and then make you wait for next season.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't even want a Combiner anymore after the crap that ended up the Bruticus toy. It's already hard to have good looking Prime toys because of gimmick weapon shit imagine the trainwreck that a combiner would be.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Well, a combiner would be a good excuse for introducing about 5 characters at once, and season 2's been kind of sparse on that so far...

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots got some 5 or 6 member combier team like areil bots, trainbots

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that would've been pretty awesome, and who knows, it still could potentially happen someday.

The Walking Dead comes to mind. I'd love for the cliffhanger to be a giant silhouette walking towards the Autobots in battle...

but not in TF Prime, which is why the question was asked.

I'd love to see some non traditional combiners in Prime, like the twins in Animated or 3 or 4 member teams like Robots in Disguise.

and i think seeing Grimlock show up is a definite possibility, but i wouldn't expect it until season 3... though, he'd make a great counterpart to Bruticus if they were going to introduce him.