Are Universe Superion & Bruticus exclusives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thundershot, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If so.... to where? I can't find where it's been explicitly stated... One of the Q&A questions asked where they'll be sold in Canada, but not in the US..

Thanks
    Chris

EDIT: Crap. Two seconds after I posted this, I thought "maybe this should go into toy discussion"... if it should, I apologize)

2. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

IIRC, I saw the packaging for them with a distinctive little red and white bullseye on them(Target) :) 

3. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Yep, all the photos we've seen so far have "Target Exclusive" on them - but I'm not sure that was written in stone. I've heard that it may or may not be true once the toys are released.

4. BrokenSVT

Indeed, I just finished reading the Q&A thread where Hasbro denounced any knowledge of where the toys would eventually land, only that they'd be exclusives.

5. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

hopefully that means zellers gets them too, zellers tends to get a lot of target exclusives

6. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? I just scoured ebay again, and I don't see any Target emblems. That's why I was asking... I know when the Target two packs were on ebay from hong kong, they did have the sticker...

7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Official overseas releases don't have Target stickers, since they're not available at Target in Hong Kong.

Stolen samples sold on eBay sometimes have the store stickers.

8. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    You sure love to point out every single time you can they're stolen, don't you? Why are you always so bitter and negative?

9. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, overreact much?

10. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Ok, maybe he wasn't bitter or negative in that particular post, but overall, he seems to be a bit grumpy. He never seems happy. Whenever a new toy surfaces, he seems to take great pleasure pointing out it's STOLEN (even on TF Wiki), and in general, he seems to enjoy proving people wrong or correcting them on facts that don't really matter. It's just... weird. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. If that's the case, I apologize.

11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Because they're stolen and stealing is illegal? What, should I praise factory thieves for making a shitload of money from things that don't belong to them?

Or should I use "nice words" and call them "leaked" samples because some people don't like being reminded that the awesome "advance sample" they got for $500 is in fact stolen merchandise?

12. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    But is it necessary for you to point it out every single time? It makes you feel better about yourself? I think we got your point the first time around. From here, it looks like jealousy or something. And according to the last Q&A, even the Hasbro guys are watching and enjoying the reviews posted by Peaugh, DBanks, Sean Long and the others. It seems you're the only one who cares about the issue.

13. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Take it easy guys, these boards aren't for personal gripes. If you have a problem then take up via PM so this thread doesn't get locked or, worse, you get banned.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    Fan boy fight!!!

15. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    There's no fight at all guys. Case closed.

16. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any word on the price for these beautys are going to be? I'm hoping $30 range hopefully but that may be a bit too much well wishing.

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

IIRC, $30 was the price for the Wal-Mart Exclusive Classics Devastator so I would say that it's more than possible.

18. BrokenSVT

Regardless, it's well-known that most of the early release figures have been snuck out of factories, or pieced-together from dumpster findings. Either way, stolen is the word.

19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    My original post in this thread was just intended to point out the difference between "stolen samples sold on eBay" (which have Target stickers) and "official releases in Asia" (which don't have Target stickers).

You're the only one who made a big deal out of the fact that these things are stolen.

Besides, Hasbro only said they enjoy "toy reviews". They didn't specify that to advance reviews of toys that are still officially unreleased. (Also, it's possible to legally receive advance samples from Hasbro for review purposes. Ben Yee has been doing that for years.) It's even possible to do a review of a toy that is already out in stores! Hasbro didn't specify which kind of review they like in particular. To twist that into an official sanctioning of purchasing stolen stolen toys is ludicrous.

In the end, Hasbro simply prefer to avoid the issue. So it's more of a moral issue that's up to each individual fan.

However, you're the one who blew my use of the word "stolen" waaaaay out of proportion.

20. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah.... so.... they're Target exclusives then, right? :D 

Chris