Are u going to trash the Rhino DVD version of the Transformers now?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gamer, Nov 8, 2006.

1. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Since the Rhino release is a better transfer of the film itself (in my opinion) there's no way I'd get rid of it. Honestly, I'd get rid of the 20th anniversary version first.

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You should have a Party, pass Ex and Play all 3 versions on Different tv's while a stobe flashes and ask people which versions looks best....

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'm keeping it for the times I want to watch it and see Hot Rod as red and not pink. "Corrected Colors" my @$$...

4. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Hot Rod is Pink is the new Frenzy is Blue.

Both of them are wrong.

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm an oddity collector, so yep going to keep my old one. :lol 

6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I haven't decided if I'm going to sell the Rhino version or keep it. The Rhino version is the only picture I have of the original cover despite Unicron being covered. Plus I would only sell the Rhino one if I could get at least $30 for it, so I will probably keep it since there is no way people would pay that much when a better version is cheaper than that.

And where the hell do you guys come up with Hot Rod being pink? The transfer on thsi release is vastly superior to the Rhino one. Plus the Rhino one does not have a widescreen version, the new one does.

7. Night Flame

We come up with Hot Rod being pink because, on this transfer, Hot Rod is pink. Also, the widescreen, while cool to have, is a crop of the full screen. So it's not like we're gaining something by having wide screen unless we own wide screen TVs.

I'm not saying that I dislike what we've got on the Sony release. But I believe in calling a spade a spade.

8. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Have you actually watched the 20th Anniversary fullscreen disc? It's pretty bad. And the colors on the widescreen aren't that accurate either.

9. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    It is a matter of preference. I like Rhino's transfer as the saturation is beautiful. Look at the reds alone...brilliant. Sony's is nice....yes....but I like things a bit darker with more pop. The only thing with Rhino's is that compression problem near the beginning of the film when Unicron is eating the planet and the one ship is being sucked into his mouth. And really....with the way you can tinker with tv's these days, you can always change the picture to your liking. I'll be keeping both.

10. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Keeping it and not buying the new one. Once is enough.

11. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He never looked pink to me. Maybe you have your brightness up too high.

And there is more to the picture on the sides, but I don't care if it is cropped as I watched the Rhino version with Zoom on to make it widescreen, so now I don't have to do that. And no, I have not even looked at the fullscreen version on Sony's release as I have no need to.

12. Night Flame

Uh, no. Every other movie I own looks fine with my brightness setting. I can turn down my brightness so that Hot Rod does look red on the Sony release, but then every other movie I own looks dark and dank.

Um, there isn't more to the picture on the sides if you didn't watch the previously unmatted version on zoom. The movie was made full frame and they cropped the top and bottom to make it wide. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you meant by "more to the picture on the sides."