Are TV Nihon's TF projects dead?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kranix2k, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

I know many will ask - why not ask this on TV-N's board? Well, to be honest, I was afraid of a knee jerk ban since this kind of question is frowned upon. Also I figured that more than just me had to be wondering what was going on.

It's been almost 7 months since Headmasters 18 was released but not a word on the boards or their homepage. Granted, they've had some difficulties - changing hosts for their sites, BT tracker blowing up, etc, etc...but at one point in time, their leadership had said they wanted to sub everything TF. They had posted about doing Micron Legend, but then mysteriously shelved it.

I sincerely hope my asking about this doesn't piss off any TV-N members. I've been watching fansubs now for years and greatly respect almost all the groups I've dealt with. I've even tried to contribute where I can. I know those "unspoken laws" of fansubbing, but is 6 months long enough to wait to ask the inevitable? If they aren't gonna do anymore, no problem. I know that in that sort of "business", real life comes first and it sometimes gets in the way. Sometimes groups can't always live up to all their promises. Transfans have gotten way more than we could've possibly imagined from TV-N and I salute them, but throw us a bone here guys!

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

Bluntly speaking "you'll get it when they release it"

There's still a section for Headmasters on the forums under "Anime Projects" so it hasn't been cancelled. It's just merely on the backburner while they deal with their more current projects such as Den-O and Gekiranger.

3. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Also this is the "Kindler Gentler Nihon" no more Knee-jerk Bannings.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Most likely they dont have the DVDs for the series bought yet as they usually only use DVD-rips for subtitles. If you want to get them any faster, best idea would be to donate.

5. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

If thats the case, then cool...I understand that. However, maybe I misunderstood, but chatter in the IRC channel led me to believe that they already HAD those DVDs for the series they were going to subtitle.

And "We get them when they release them" is fine but is a blurb on the webpage or forum about complications they're having with such series a bad thing? I mean, if they are having trouble obtaining the DVDs, hell I'd try and donate all I could to help them buy them. I passed up donating to them once when they were first getting started and have regretted it ever since. If it means finishing the rest of the TF series, I'd have no problem with that now.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hm, not sure if that's the case or not, I dont usually go into the IRC channel. But I know that's what help up several of their other projects like Megaranger.

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Well-Known Member

The problem with giving status reports is people become impatient. Hence TV-N just has a "we release some stuff, you watch" system. Simple and problem free.