Are Transformers movies 1986 written before season 2 end? ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Jan 26, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

I have a burning question to ask ,are the movies 1986 written or release before the season 2 end?
    i ask because when Starscream nominate himself as a new leader in the movies ,Scrapper said "but wait the Contructicons form Devastator ,the most powerful robot ,we shall rule"
    What about other combiner like Menasor ,Bruticus ,Defensor and Superion in season 2,have Devastator beat them before the movies ?
    Are Scrapper forget that Devastator have beaten by Bruticus in season 2 ?
    Do the movies are made before season 2 episode the Key to Victor Sigma ?

Thanks

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i read somewhere that The Movie was Written While Some Season 2 Eps were beign written

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The movie was written before much of the new Season 2 characters showed up, hence the notable absence of the scramble city combiners.

4. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The animated film was in development during, if not before Season 2 began airing, so a lot of characters and story elements (the ones you're describing) weren't known about, thus, not included in with the film.

That aside, continuity wasn't big in G1, as the episodes were being churned out by at least a dozen different writers. So Bruticus beating Devastator wouldn't necessarily have had an impact on the Constructicons' contest for leadership anyway.

Remember... the Combaticons appeared in the television show before the episode they were created. ;) 

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yes, the episodes aired out of order.,

6. Grand Sword

Grand Sword Well-Known Member

In saying all that though Scrapper was just boasting. Soundwave then counter boasted and said they were inferior and that he was superior. I don't think the fact theat Bruticus beating Devastator or not would come inot it when you are trying to put your case forward for beecoming leader..

I mean would Scrapper say.. " I think we should be leader.. oh wait a minute, Bruticus kicked our ass, he should be.." ?

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

must have been put into development before even Omega Supreme (who could have evened the odds against the Decepticon Siege had he been on sight. Although, Grapple showed up for a few seconds during the battle, only to be off camera

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In some of the early story boards they did include characters like Tracks and Red Alert, but their scenes were ultimately cut. As for the other combiners, I believe they were created too far after the start of the movie. Basically the TV show and the movie were being developed independantly of each other and when development started, Hasbro gave the movie developers a list of characters to use and to kill off.

The IDW comic adaption of the movie that was release a few years ago attempted to shoe horn some of the other season 2 characters into the movie, with a throw away scene of a battle at the Ark.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, the movie was written and completed before the S2 episodes ended. That's why Scatman Crothers was alive for movie, but had died by the time "Kremzeek" was recorded

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No-oo, Crothers died in late 1986. Wally Burr was just standing in for Jazz's single line in "Kremzeek", which was from 1985. Jazz appeared in plenty of episodes after "Kremzeek" voiced by Crothers.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I did not know that.

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's true, but as Sto said, they aired out of the order they were produced in. I read somewhere (I can't remember where, now that's going to bother me and I'm going to have to go track it down to prove what I'm saying) tha tKremzeek was the last s2 one that was recorded, even though it didn't air as such. I'll go look for wherever I found that

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Even if thats the case here, Scatman Crothers was still alive durring the voicing of "Kremzzek".

He died in November of 86,"Kremzzek" aired on 12/27/1985 , which means it most have been voiced well before then.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're right, I had my dates mixed up. After posting that, I looked around. I stand corrected.

15. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    On the subject of "airing out of order"... yes, a lot of the episodes did. Syndication'll do that to ya. But remember that many of them weren't PRODUCED in the correct story order, either. The order of the episode lists you'll see on most websites (like TFWIKI's list, for example), is the "production order" of the episodes - the order in which they were actually MADE. "Aerial Assault," featuring the Combaticons, was produced before their origin episode, while many episodes featuring Scatman Crothers as Jazz were made after "Kremzeek" was.

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I concede. As you and Sto pointed out, I got my dates mixed up.

17. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Sorry, mate, I wasn't meaning to harp on what you were saying, I was just making a related point.

18. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jazz wasn't the only character who got a different "voice" in the odd episode - John Stephenson as Thundercracker did as well, and he was still alive (I THINK in "War Dawn") - again, Wally Burr filled in.

19. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Other things out of order (if I remember correctly)
    Constructions created Megatron - as seen in a Matrix flashback
    Megatron turned the Constructions to the Decipticon side - Omega Supreme's flashback

The introduction of the TechnoBots and Terracons. One episode had the TechnoBots being created first from parts of Unicron by Grimlock. The TerraCons had been around awhile by the how they shown in the episode.

In a different episode the TerraCons were working for the Quintiesons but the TechnoBots had been around for awhile.

If trying to piece Scramble City, '86 movie, and Five Faces of Darkness into one story then there is the creation order of Trypticon and Metroplex to take into account as well.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats really not out of order.

Think Dr.Frankenstein.

And theres nothing out of order about that at all.

They showed us the creation of the Technobots, but not of the Terracons.,
    Working for the Quints, not created by them.Which Decepticons did from time to time.

And this episode takes place after the one the Technobots were created.

So, nothing wrong there.
    Trypticon maybe, not Metroplex.