Are transformers from different planets/worlds?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lion, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Ok...so I collect the toys, but in the last few years, I pretty much only catch the tv shows if they happen to be on....so my knowledge of story lines, etc are hazy at best (basically what I read in bios and here) Last show I followed with enthusiasm was beast wars....my question was raised because of the title of the 3 pack "warriors from 3 worlds". I know in cybertron there was jungle planet, giant planet, etc...but am I to understand now that cybertron is not the only planet that is natural home to the transformers.
    I guess it could be argued that they could migrate, escape the civil wars....etc, but to me "wf3w" implies that the transformers are more like different spices from each other or races....am I making any sense? Is there a mechanical (read- biological) difference in those and subsequent transformers?

2. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

In Cybertron (the series) there was Jungle Planet (Animatros), Speed Planet (Velocitron), and Giant Planet (Gigantian), and Earth. They were all lost Cybertronian colony worlds.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I often think that is the case. I think G1 Wreck-Gar might had been from a different planet, not sure though.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i like the phrase 'when worlds collide'...because in TF lore, with unicron and primus, worlds really do motherfucking collide. like for real.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Indeed. Though all Transformers originated from Cybertorn in that series.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    To my mind, the only Transformers who don't originate from Cybertron or its immediate territories are the Quintesson-built Allicons and Sharkticons. Even Wreck-Gar and his Junkions are implied to be descendants of explorers or refugees from Cybertron.

7. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Wreck-Gar was from Junkion (also called Junk) as was the rest of his tribe of Junkions (naturally). It's said in the MTMTE series that the Junkions were descended from Cybertronians, so yeah.

To my memory, in very TF series all of the Transformers originate from Cybertron, sometimes later colonising other worlds which would result in some Transformers being "born" on those planets (like the aforementioned Cybertron series).

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

in the marvel comic,planet junkion was revealed to be a huge space ship. that wreckgarr & his junkion warriors were living on.

which sort of makes sense. as planets are extremly round & not shapped like the junkion planet.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    All Transformers came from Cybertron. Various series have had them establish colonies on Lithone, Junkion, Animatros, Velicitron, Gigantion, and Earth.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

In the cartoon you could argue that the Dinobots and Constructicons are non-Cybertronian (Terran?) as they are built on Earth, although with the Constructicons it also depends which episodes you watch! :lol 

Same goes for the Combaticons, at least physically, althought their sparks are definitely Cybertronian.

And never shown on-screen, but I guess you could include Metroplex in the list of Earth-built Transformers as well?

I suppose the whole thing is a bit of a grey area, as all Transformers are created using Cybertronian technology, regardless of their physical location and even then, depending on your continuity the waters are muddied further with the whole Primus/Quintesson/Matrix thing.

11. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Get this guy some wiki, stat!

TFWiki

12. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

apparently from G1 series,each n every TF originated from cybertron.a transformer's life can only be given from the spark.but as time goes by,they could have migrated into other worlds & adapt different abilities due to war,energon famine etc (if you are asking me as a G1 fan)

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If you are a G1 fan then you should know that Wheeljack created the Dinobots without a spark, in fact they had no connection to Cybertron at all (of course this was before sparks as a concept were introduced into TF lore).

G1 retconned itself so many time what with Vector Sigma and all that stuff about giving transformers life, that it's easy to lose track.

But still, the point stands that not every Transformer originated from Cybertron.

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Sandstorm in G1 was from a peaceful planet that got blown up rather unceremoniously.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's a bit like with humans. If you live somewhere long enough or for a few generations then you say that's where you are from even though the species is from somewhere else. Thus all humans seem to have come from Africa but I would say that I come from America.

Cybertronians living on another planet long enough would likely claim that planet as their home over the Cybertron they had not set foot on for a very long time.

16. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

undeniably Vector Sigma is the true source of life;spark being relatively a new 'slang' ever since baymovie came out.it's likely that dinobots could be a subject of transformers advancement through time,which could explain the unstable condition of those dinos.

is it too far-fetched that each transformers may be able to release few bits of their own 'spark' for the creation of another? I believe not.grimlock could have done the same to the technobots,n of course further spurred by the sudden intelligence through electron overload.

the question of origin is very subjective;for example,how do you explain predaking's creation? is it true he's a creation of quintesson,or a native from cybertron?

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

(Auto Morph) "as they are built on Earth, although with the Constructicons it also depends which episodes you watch! :lol "

I noticed that too. In the episode Heavy Metal War when they introduced the Constructicons, Megatron commented how it was worth the time/effort to build the Constructicons. Applying that they were "recently" built.
    Yet, in the episode The Secret of Omega Supreme, they were built on Cybertron many years ago and were friends of OS for a while till Megatron reprogrammed them.
    G1 has never been very continuous. They just write up whatever works for each episode forgetting what they said previously.

18. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Sparks were 'introduced' in Beast Wars actually, and they've been around ever since. Spark - Transformers Wiki

Well the G1 cartoon canon established that the Quintessons built the Transformers anyway, so...both.

Anyhoo, here we are trying to make sense of the G1 cartoon, no wonder there are so many inconsistencies! :lol 

19. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

not a beast war fan,really.sorry for that

inconsistencies in g1 is the very thing that propel discussions among us,ain't it? :p  provide us space to keep guessing & making our own versions accordingly,IMO.logical cartoon with no room for questions makes it dull in time

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

That's ok, nobody's perfect :p 

100% agree. It's part of what makes G1 great.