Are they rushing this too fast?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Necare, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the TF 3 movie is set to be out in less than 2 years? The other movie is just about to be released on Bluray and the story for the next one is already done????

I really hope the story is tighter and better than the ROTF. TFTM was terrific but they did rush to get ROTF out there,,,

Please take your time and make it good MB?>>>> Please!!!

2. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Nah this is about right for hollywood, best get the story roll going. The second film installment fresh in peoples minds, its just the right time.

What I'm worried about is ILMs computers...they nearly melted them this time with all the processing...and they'll want to improve the cgi for this next film, raising the bar.

I'd like to see them sort the damn blurry fighting sequences out so you can see what the hell is going on.

Oh and I hope they finally get rid of the fragment/shard-like kibble all of the damn bots So many bots look like pieces of metal have shattered like glass and floating about rather than any kind of machine.

Can we start the whos in TF3 thread now?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think they are. With something like this, I think a years break could benefit the final product. Also, more time could definitely benefit the writers. Though an absolutely, 100% perfect script wouldn't stop Bay from ruining it, so maybe it would be better to save some time, and just use a not-so-perfect script. I'm wandring how this is going to affect Hasbro's plans. Last I knew they had started working on a new show already (though we have no idea how much work they've put into it so far).

4. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. It's 19 months until the announced release date. That is more than enough time.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Its consistent, a new movie every 2 years. 2007>2009>2011

6. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's part of Bay's 6 year retirement plan so it's alright.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nah... the more they rush, the more money they make. can't say I blame them.

8. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It should be enough time. At least there's not a writers strike this time.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    How do we know that the writer(s) haven't been working on it until now? Kruger might have had something in the pipeline for the past few months.

Interesting how this isn't a concern for Iron Man 2...or didn't prove to be a problem for Spiderman 2...

10. bradinmo

bradinmo Well-Known Member

It wasn't a concern for Iron Man 2 or Spiderman 2 because the original films in both of those series were well planned and well executed. The most recent TF movie was obviously rushed, poorly planned, and poorly executed. Hence people's concerns.

11. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I say they should devote screen time to more tolerable Autobots (Sideswipe, Ironhide, Ratchet or new characters) and less time on the twins (unless they introduce Sunstreaker and have him partner with Sideswipe)

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    And evidence shows that the majority of these issues were because of the Writer's Strike, which did not effect the other sequels mentioned, and is not effecting TF3.

13. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Meh.

I'll wait until 2011 to tell you how I feel about it being rushed.

Honestly, it's not even worth fretting over. The only nice thing is that that's one less year than I would have had to have waited ;) 

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformer is Hasbro property, Hasbro likes money and money equals time.

15. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    *sigh* - another "make it this way" movie thread...for a movie that has only had an announced date nonetheless! Having a story doesn't mean a script - it's just an idea at this point.

I get that a lot of you didn't like TF2, but it is what it is - as part 3 will be as well. Maybe it would help if you went into it with an open mind and saw it for what it was, a fun summer blockbuster movie.

A lot of you have trouble seeing the forest for the trees. Stop nitpicking over continuity errors and little details that, quite honestly, didn't ruin anything (except in your mind). Almost every movie has problems and I'm sure you don't critique every film you see with the same microscope that you've used for the Transformers franchise. You all wanted a live action movie for years, then a sequel...now you have them and all you've done is whine and complain. Maybe if you weren't so negative about it you'd actually find that both movies are enjoyable, and the third could be as well.

Michael will do what he can to meet fans needs, or he could just look at all the bitching and say "screw it, I'm going to do what I think the kids will like". If the latter occurs, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

16. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I have said elsewhere that having another year would be no bad thing. However, has has been said in this thread, a lot of the "problems" that people have with Revenge of the Fallen can be chalked up to the writers' strike and its effect on the planning of the film. With this movie, that's not going to be a problem. It also appears that the Kurtzman-Orci combo are not involved this time around (probably focussing on Star Trek 2.0 II -- which I also look forward to immensely) and so we may end up with something even more original.

People have commented that we should see the TF movies for what they are: summer blockbuster entertainment. How often are such films cerebral pieces of art designed to braoden the minds of its viewers? The first and second films in the series were fun entertainment. They were flawed, I agree. But I can live with it.

I will be able to live with the flaws of TF3 as well.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Well, have Orci and Kurtzman specificially said they're out? All the article in the news mentioned was that Kruger went with Bay with no mention of the other two.

So either they're left out to dry, they're not included in this pre-pre planning, they've done their work and now Bay's going to shoehorn robots in, or....I don't know.

Can we actually count them out now?

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Well, they do have a lot of projects in their pipelines (Fringe, Star Trek II, and Cowboys and Aliens, if not more), so I'd say they're probably out.

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This.

20. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Not to mention that we have no idea if Iron Man 2 is going to be good or not. We can all assume by how much we liked the first movie (or not) but that doesn't guarantee that Favreau might make some bad decisions that ruin the whole thing (apart from Downey's performance, which I'm sure will once again be awesome). If you watch the deleted scenes on the 2 disc DVD, a lot of key scenes in the movie were re-written and refilmed, including multiple endings that, had they been left in, would have been pretty terrible. 4 screenwriters is also never the sign of a good solid screenplay. The final product is actually a lot better than the mere sum of its parts thanks to good editing, a good tone, and great performances, much like the first Transformers (and don't even get me started on those overhyped meh-fests called the Spiderman movies).