Are they rereleasing the Cybertron scouts and deluxes

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Feb 4, 2007.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

In the Wal-Mart toy section I saw a few of them with Cyberton planet keys. Is there plans to release all of the figures or were these just exclusives?

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cybertron has been over for several months.

If you saw any new toys on the shelves, it's just old unsold stock.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    yeah anything new out is left over stock, they are making room for movie toys!!!! only 6 more months!

4. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

At my walmart's and target's about half of the TFs there are still Cybertron. Damn things wont sell. First Classic's wave isn't selling (besides the minicons oddly enough) either so maybe it's just a drought time for toy buying.

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The stores around here are still getting fresh stock of Cybertron. The show might be over but we're going to be seeing them until the movie toys show up.

6. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

They are the figures that I have seen before but it was the addition of key that threw me.

I don't recall the scouts and deluxes originally coming packaged this way.

7. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

So, basically:Six months of basically empty shelves. They should have kept re-stocking Cybertron with some of better selling figures (in other words, not that retarded Animal Planet Optimus and Megatron, and "Unicron".

They should re-stock figures like Evac, Leobreaker, Galvatron, and maybe some of the first ones, like Dirt Boss, Scourge (not Cryo). Not a HUGE re-stock, mind you, but just enough to push some that other people or kids missed, for like, 3 months. Afterward, they could just move them to the clearance section and make room for the movie toys.

Hasbro is just stupid

The only things left planned for release are Classics and Titanium. I don't think there are any new Alternators scheduled anytime soon. And cmon, Classics have Cliffjumper, Ramjet, and the Energon Constructicon re-paint left. And Cliffjumper and Ramjet have already been found in some areas.

Also, I occaisionally see re-stocking of smaller Cybertron figures, but they may be leftover things.

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There weren't any notable packaging changes during Cybertron, with the exception (I believe) of Supreme Starscream, whose key changed location within the box. All the basics and deluxes have always had keys from the onset, with the exception of the minicon teams.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kinda interesting that Cybertron never had any strong changes in the packaging style, considering it lasted as long as either Armada or Energon, both of which had a color shift about halfway through their run. Cybertron added the "Primus Unleashed" bit though, like "Unicron Battles" and "Powerlinx whatever".

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I love these posts.

Hasbro is far from stupid.

The "ultra" size point is a cancelled sizepoint until the movie is released. Any MENASOR/EVAC/DARK CRUMPLEZONE figures that you see are simply left over stock at WALMART'S WAREHOUSE, not Hasbro's. Therefore, convincing retailers to sign BACK ON to that size point now to release figures that have already been released is silly -- Hasbro has to go back and put these figures back in to production and then ship them to retailers so they can sit on shelves as everyone who really wanted one already has one?

The "Leader" size class is also discontinued until the movie is released. Any METROPLEX/OPTIMUS PRIME/GALAXY FORCE OPTIMUS PRIME/MEGATRON figures you see are overstock from WalMart -- the "bonus mini-con" packages especially, as those were exclusive to WalMart and produced for WalMart, and decided on well before the Galvatron color scheme was available to select (in theory). Again, for Hasbro to and put the MEGATRON mold back in production with the Galvatron color scheme, buying up the retail space, and sending what, two waves at the absolute most? Totally unprofitable.

Hasbro is not stupid. We, the consumer, are stupid for believing that it's a two week turnaround from an idea to having product on the shelves.

Let's not forget factory costs of reproducing the figure, shipment costs, the cost of the packaging, all so they can have a wave or two of shelf-warmers?

Not ever gonna happen :) 

11. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I quite don't understand what you're saying as all scouts and deluxes bar none had planet keys with them. Minicons in scout packaging don't count as they are minicons.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

The bigger figures have been going cheap recently in Australia (well Queensland) specifically to clear space for the movie figures (they're expected quite a few big "Leader Class" characters apparently).

Well I'm planning on getting a Megatron (either Unleashed or transforming, I don't care he's wonderful).