Are They Putting Out Fewer Toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SMS55, Aug 5, 2009.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Is it just in South Florida or are we seeing fewer and fewer Transformers toys everyday? Evertime I go to Target, Wal Mart, or Toys R Us their seems to be fewer and fewer. I also don't see many of the newer releases. I have seen only a handful of Mixmasters. No Long Hauls or Jetfire. Leader Megs, Voyager Ratchet and Ironhide are what's mostly out there, and a few Deluxe figures. Are they waiting to clear out the older ones before releasing the new ones? Are they going to flood the makret with G I Joe toys now? Or are we just going to see a limited amount til the holidays or the next movie?

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    lotta ppl buying them faster than the store puts them out. My local walmart doesnt really seem to want to put new stuff out until they get rid of the last rollbar and the last 6234 chromias and wheelies

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    as long as any previous wave leaders, deluxes, or voyagers are sitting unpurchased on the shelf, they arent going to put new stock out because there's no room for them. they also arent going to order new waves when they still have cases from older waves sitting unopened in the stock room.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To some extent, we are starting to see the release of TFs slowing down a bit. Considering just the mainline, the past 2 months have seen the release of 4 waves of Scouts, 5 waves of Deluxes, 4 - 5 waves of Voyagers, 2 waves of Leaders, 2 waves of Supremes, plus exclusives for all the major chains. Leaving out the most recent waves, that's 2 waves of Scouts, 3 waves of Deluxes, 3 waves of Voyagers and 1 wave of Leaders that needs to be whittled down before the new stuff can start hitting saturation.

Also, in the case of Long Haul and Jetfire, those figures are packed in cases with older figures. If a store gets a case of Voyagers that has 2 Long Hauls, 2 Grindors and 4 older figures, and the new figures sell quickly, it looks like the store hasn't gotten anything new, since all that's left is the reshipped older figures.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Same thing's happening around here.

I just need Long Haul and that it for me til the stuff from SDCC hits stores.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your over thinking it. The month of August is usually when toy sections get reset for the holiday season. Since the buyers know that employees have to rearrange things they dont send them as much product right now. Once your stores get all reset you should see tons of new stuff on shelves.

Also keep in mind Hasbro has started shipping a ton of new skus this month. Rpms are in full release, Robot heroes sets, wider distribution for human alliance, bumber battlers, and the remote control cars. Stores may not be getting alot of deluxes and voyagers in order to make room on pallets for all these new skus

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    When will that be?

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I am very analytical, and do have a tendency to over think things, but I ask because I really don't know. I wanted to collect some toys after the last movie, but I couldn't for monetary reasons. I got leader Prime and that was about it. I've been collecting some after this movie but I don't know how the release of these figures work. I haven't collected any since G1 back in the eighties.

9. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a mix of Joes and when they released the movie they flooded the stores with the 1st wave because of what happen with the 1st movie.

10. Maloknazh

Maloknazh Black Metal Ist Krieg

Ebay:
    Same here, except for me its Sideways and Rampage. And HA Bumblebee, which is crazy.