are they going to have dinobots snarl and sludge in the animated series as well and d

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

anybody know if theyre going to have dinobots sludge and snarl as well. If not Ill be pretty disappointed as I like snarl the best and without all 5 dinobots, its stupid to have any. And one other things....do you guys think its kinda lame to ahve blackarachnia in this as a new character and not her BW background with her??? I think its stupid since she is a spider and looks similar to the BW blackarachnia.

2. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I do believe Hasbro has lost the rights to Snarl and Sludge.

And what BA background? In BW she was a protoform awakened by the predacons. The only significant backstory she has was that she was a maximal protoform, so Megatron's time-changing schemes effected her too.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not lame because it's not the same character if you didn't notice it.
    Plus the whole AUTOBOT TURNING DECEPTICON thing is already similar to MAXIMAL TURNING PREDACON.

4. Rdfnd1253

just stupid to me that shes a spider and looks just like the bw blackarachnia. In my opinion, if shes a different character she shouldnt look anything like the BW blackarachnia. Dont get me wrong, I like blackarachnia in BW and she looks cool for the animated series, but reusing a design for a series that has her witha different background but same alternate form, is dumb. Might just be me, but I dont think its a good idea.

Just my 2 cents so dont blast me over this

5. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

And yet every Prime looks like Prime and Rachet looks like Rachet, and Starscream bears a passing resemblance to Starscream:crazy: 

6. Rdfnd1253

yeaa but at least prime is a main character...people would be mad if he wasnt the leader. In that case why dont they make dinobot a velociraptor again and ratrap a rat and include them in the story. WHat about inferno?? Id rather see him in it than waspinator whose rumored to be in it. How bout using a character they didnt use in the BW show such as cybershark?? I would of used other bw characters than too!

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Waspinator is supposed to show up at some point. I personally don't have a problem with Blackarachnia being in Animated, and I also don't have a problem with there only being 3 Dinobots (seems a bit better that way for this show, imo). It's nice to see different interpretations of some characters.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think having all five Dinobots would be stupid. It'd be a little clutered and would make them more of a faction of their own. Besides, five of those idiots would be over-kill, three is just enough to be funny/coolbut not annoying.

I don't see how BA not being BW BA is stupid. Prime isn't G1 Prime, neither is Ratchet or BB. Names get re-used all the time, so I don't see why now all of a sudden it's "stupid".

In the end, I don't think addinional BW character's would have worked, since her background as to how she got her organic Beast Mode is pretty unique. I would love to see Inferno in Animated, though. (And Sky-Byte, but that's a given;) )

9. autoWHAT

autoWHAT Well-Known Member

yeah they should've made blackarachnia into a walrus in this series

Well, what WOULD be the problem with other bw homages? G1 characters
    Someone direct me to the parallel universe where this guy's posts make any sense whatsoever. Maybe it's the one where the g1 characters don't have 5000 homages each.

Note: nobody gives a wheelie about the non-show bw characters except simon furman.

10. Rdfnd1253

what im trying to get at and sorry if you dont agree...its just my opinion, I dont mind there being a blackarachnia, but why give her a BEast mode and make her so close to the BW Blackarachnia. WHy didnt they make her some sort of car or fighter plane. Thats all im getting at. I think its stupid to make her look like her Bw counterpart with the same alternate mode. They should of given her something different. Granted Optimus is still atruck but its a different truck, Megatron isnt a dragon, Hes another form. Thats all I was getting at.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At Botcon, Hasbro stated that Black Arachnia's having a beast mode involved a huge amount of backstory and such that will be revealed over several episodes. So it's not like, completely random or anything. ;) 

12. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Its a homage to the original as well as being a new character. If she was a plane or a car...the name Blackarachnia wouldn't make a lot of sense. The name pretty much seals her alt mode as a spider.......or some weird cybertronian vehicle maybe. She's pretty much there as a nod to Beast Wars. Heck...whose to say there won't be other BW characters popping up down the road.

As for the Dinos......If they do add Sludge and Snarl......It probably won't be for sometime. And honestly...I doubt they will. Which is kind of a bummer...........but I'm just happy to get new Dinobots at all

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    because a spider is in her name. would they make hotrod a pickup truck? or jetfire a moose?

14. Rdfnd1253

ehhh its w/e.....I cant complain I guess since I actually liked beast wars out of all the TF series hands down....but I cant comapre it to G1 cause I was real young. G2 kinda bored me.....At least it wont be armada shit or energon crap series

15. autoWHAT

autoWHAT Well-Known Member

Also, I do not understand why they can have 50 red jet starscreams, 90 race car mirages, 200 little yellow car bumblebees, etc, and all of a sudden blackarachnia cannot be a spider. Her spider mode is about as different from the original as prime's truck is from the original, too.

16. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Frankly, I don't care if they show up or not. We don't need all the dinobots to make an enjoyable series.

Probably 'cause Hasbro can't cater to all the whims of each and every TF fan worldwide. all the time. There's like what 6 or 7 TF continuties already. Geez, having G1 nods and namesakes and then you have all these fans from every generation. Makes you wonder how producers get to decide which characters get to be in which, then throw in some new chars etc...
    [​IMG]

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ok, so how about this-what do you think Blackarachnia should transform into then? and be specific, not just "a car with a spider on it" but seriously, they do that kind of thing as homages-why not have dinobots and BW characters? most people know transformers by what they turn into and what they look like in bot mode, and then know about their personalities. i remember my grandma kept calling Optimus Prime "the truck guy" :banghead: 

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

dinobots will have new 2 dinobots

19. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Well, Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus were in the park where Grimlock, Slag, and Swoop were pre-transformers, so it's not impossible. Maybe Megatron decides that he needs some Dinobots after they kick his ass, so he makes Snarl and Sludge to counter.

Just the names or the characters themselves? How'd it happen?

Are you stating that as fact? If you are, I want proof.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'd like to see the other 2 Dinobots, but I'm not holding my breath.

Overall I'm approaching Animated the same as the Movie by not expecting the same versions/personalities/back-stories/etc. as they appeared in G1. I'll accept there being only 3 Dinobots the same way I'm accepting that Ratchet is an old school vet ala Kup & Ironhide, that Prowl is now a ninja motorcycle, that Prime is a young & inexperienced glorified dropout (with a mouth), that Blitzwing is a schizophrenic German based comedic relief douche... so on & so forth. Just like they did with the Movie, they plan to completely reinvent these characters, and that's exactly why I save my breath in threads that wish for characters like Rodimus Prime to pop up and assume control again, Megatron to be reformatted into Galvatron, for there to always be 3 main Seekers, etc. The only series that I want to follow as close to G1 as possible is Classics/Universe, simply because it *is* G1 reborn more or less.