Are they ever gonna bring back beast wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Karis Mahid, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Karis Mahid

Karis Mahid My fiancee is the avatr

I like trains, planes, and automobiles as much as the next person. I take a monorail to work sometimes. 8O

But is Hasbro ever gonna bring back Beast Wars? The figures were friggin awesome. I loved the organic designs back then and I think with the Bey aesthetics they would look like HR Giger ate too much pokey now.

So why isn't Hasbro bringing back beast wars?

Talk amongst yourselves
    [​IMG]

2. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Maybe somehow. Someday. We'll have the Maximals & Predacons back! :D 

3. HollyW00d

HollyW00d Collecting Freak

100% guaranteed they'll bring them back, at least the popular characters. There are too many fans of the show that were introduced to Transformers because of it. I wish I kept the Optimus Primal Megatron TRU two pack, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing those molds again.

Beast Wars fans are the G1 fans of the 90's.

4. Karis Mahid

I think they could somehow integrate the Pretenders into the new line. I'd love to see a stronghold/rhinox combo. But no transmetals, beast machines, type stuff...

The new beast wars should be like cybertron meets michael bey meets motu.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully, but who knows.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

Oh ho ho, they had better!

7. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Over all the official brand-party-line seems to be getting more comfortable with there being different "kinds" of Transformers running around in the broader universe. Planet Beast (or whatever they callled it) in Galaxy Force/Cybertron came close to revisiting the orranic-animal concept, with the majority of the designs being sort of like symetrical TM2s (Mostly robotic, with some clealry organic elements).

hasbro's been embracing Pretenders pretty openly lately, I'd love to see Chainclaw or whomever reimagined as something hybridizing the Pretender and BW concepts.

I doubt we'll be seeing a whole line of organic-animal characters again (unless they do another anniversary line up to CELEBRATE BW in the future), but hopefully the concepts will become enfolded into the larger universe.

D/L

8. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Beast Wars toys are probably my favorite overall (especially the transmetals), so I'd definitely be a fan. Along with that, we've been getting a lot of Movie & throwback figures as of late, so a Beast Wars revival of sorts could actually be quite good for business once this dies down, and one can even dream of a top notch Masterpiece Rhinox.

9. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    :drool: 

10. Karis Mahid

I'd love to see Chainclaw too. But really I want Submarauder. I guess I could kitbash one of my cybersharks for now.

11. Okimon Prime

Okimon Prime Active Member

i would love to see some reissues. like a transmetal megatron that doesn't snap at the waist. whatever they do though, i just hope that they make them look better than the classics cheetor we got a few years ago...

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I'll be thrilled to have ANYONE join the ranks, though my official collection standard for Pretenders has been defined by the Winderfest Metalhawk kit. Normal sized TF with a 1:18 scaled actionfigure representing the shell.

D/L

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    As a massive Beast Wars fan (frankly when I think of TFs I still think of Beast wars first) hopefully Hasbro will bring them back. Then again BW was originally designed to be a big departure from TFs because the G1 asthetic and the whole robots into cars/planes/etc was stale and TFs almost died because of it. (thankfully Beast Wars saved it and it hasn't slowed down since)

14. Karis Mahid

Speaking of 1:18th scale...How about Battle Beasts? It would just be new heads/gear retooled on 25th joe bodies.

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love Beast Wars but there are two things I don't want done to them. First I don't want them incorporated into the classic time line. By that I mean I want Maximals and Predacons to be decedents of Autobots and Maximals, not cousins. I never want Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal to be in the same millennium.

The second thing I NEVER EVER EVER EVER want to see done to them is letting them become Bay-ified. I'm sorry, I hate the aesthetics of the movies. I hate Bayformers. They look horrible. I NEVER EVER IN A BA-JILLION YEARS want anything even remotely Bay-anese to come within a light year of the Beast Wars.

Yes that is personal opinion and feel free to disagree. But I know when read that idea my gag reflex attempted to activate.

16. Karis Mahid

Was skullgrin and bludgeon bayified?

17. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! I would love to see a revival! A revival with more Classic-style BW characters (and hopefully Masterpiece Beast Wars toys) to come in the future!

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    huh...learn something every day - and here I thought it died because they didn't want to fork out money for a g2 cartoon/all new molds, but instead tried to use a revamped g1 cartoon to try and sell the g2 toys that A) Looked like someone on acid had decided on their colour scemes and B) didn't resemble the toys in the cartoons.

Thank you for educating me.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I would love to get BW back.

20. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

hasbro does not need to do this.