Are these rare or simply not released yet???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Apr 12, 2009.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I haven't seen the following figures for sale at retail and noticed Hasbro Toy Shop has removed them from their website sometime ago and have not put them back in stock.

Dirge and Cliffjumper Activators
    Starscream and Grimlock Mighty Muggs
    Ratchet and Hot Shot Universe

I think I'm up to date on everything else US wise, aside from the newest TRU exclusives (Darkwind & Countdown), I have not seen these yet either.

2. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Its possible they're just clearing out the online shop's stock to make way for the new movie stuff, but to my current knowledge the figures you mentioned should still be on shelves.

3. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cliffjumper Activators I've seen only once but never seen Dirge... seen the rest at target (lots of them).

4. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    can't say for the activators and mighty muggs, but the ratchet and hot shot are juuuuuust now seeing wide release. Also, if you check the resources section, Transformers Resources each of those will have its "released/not yet released" details. The Starscream MM looks like it was released in March, but knowing how toy releases go, I would say it's not surprising that you haven't seen one in stores yet as of mid-april.

5. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

The Mighty Muggs and Ratchet/Hot Shot are just now seeing wide release, so you should see them soon. The TRU exclusives just came out at my local stores, so you will see those as well. As to the activators, I have not seen hide nor hair of either Dirge or Cliffy. Even E-bay rarely ever comes up with them, and when they do, they are very expensive(Cliffjumper for $30+?!?-no thanks). Of course, the activators are clogging shelves considerably around here, so I can see why they haven't restocked. Why buy an $8.44 small toy when you can get a bigger deluxe figure for less? Makes no sense to me at all why they don't lower the prices of the Activators as well.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The two Activators are closing in on urban legend status around me - I've seen Dirge once and never seen Cliffjumper. They're the only Activators I never see in stores, and usually the Targets near me have every Activator except those two. The two Mighty Muggs and two Classics figures just came out (I've seen Ratchet, the other three have yet to pop up locally).

The other figures that seem to have disappeared near me are the last wave of Classics Legends figures (Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath, etc.), which HTS hasn't listed in awhile (except Hot Rod I think, but only briefly).

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

the Target near me got in Ratchet and Hot Shot (picked up another Ratchet to see if the waist area is better, also so Ratchet can now doulble wield his weapon.)

8. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I haven't seen a freakin' dirge either. It's the one I'm actually looking for.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've ordered Dirge from HTS several months ago. I've seen Cliffjumper on the site just once and it disappeared after that.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the distribution of these toys are a litttle wacko. It took a long ass time for us in western Pennsylvania to even get a glimpse of Wreckgar and Inferno. And Since I bought Waspinator and Sam. Prowl I haven't seen them. And Walmarts around me don't even carry Mighty Muggs so i have to make toy hunting trips with the kids to find those, which i like doing anyways.

11. LadyStarscream

Thanks for input everyone! I fear that Cliffjumper and Dirge will be impossible to find much like the Longview and Meantime repaints from Real Gear that I was never able to find! Ahh!

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Man, why did Cliffjumper have to be the only Activator I want? I just need to complete my Cybertron Intelligence Agency trio!

13. LadyStarscream

The most annoying part about this for me was that I wasnt even planning on collecting the Activators. I just bought a couple Starscreams and that was it. But when I heard many months ago that a Cliffjumper would be released, I figured I had to atleast buy the Bumblebee too. Then there was Thundercracker, and a promise of Dirge (I gotta buy all the seekers, you know) And so it just snowballed from there! :lol  Now I have all the activators minus 2! grrrrr