Are these PR Zords worth it?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sashiel, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

Hey guys, today I was at K-mart and saw they had a clearance section. There I saw 2 ultra class universe TF for 17 bucks each. I hope to get them, but didn't have the money.

Anyways, in that section there was also the Jungle Master and Jungle Pride Megazord for 16 bucks a pop. Do any of you guys have these and if so, are they worth it? How are they? I have never owned a PR toy and want to have some opinions just in case.

Thanks for your time.

2. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Can't you just ask this in the Power Ranger thread that exists already?

3. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

well....i'm sorry i suppose. i have never been in this section of the site and didn't know. my apologies...i guess.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

For that price, I would say either Jungle Fury Megazord is a worthwhile purchase, but it depends on whether Jungle Pride is the large DX version or the slightly smaller Transforming version as to how worthwhile it is. The Jungle Master was only available as a DX (plus a Micro version), and considering its original retail, is DEFINITELY worth it. Jungle Pride is pretty neat and more iconic (Jungle Master was the power-up alternative), but is lacking in complexity by comparison.

As long as you're getting them out of legitimate interest in the figures or the series, and aren't expecting Transformers-level engineering with either of them, you should be satisfied at that price.

5. Sashiel

Sashiel AutoCon Lurker

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Not being a Power Rangers fan, I can only go from my somewhat limited experience with the line. I got this in with a bag of free TF stuff. If it was a toy from the early 80s, it would be kinda cool. As a modern robot, it sucks. As TF fans, we bitch about the limited posability on combiners, but pretty much anything HasTak have ever put out blow Zords out of the water. The posability on both the combined form and the individual robots was lacking. If you're one of those people who think diecast automatically makes something better, you might appreciate the added weight, but... meh. I wouldn't pay for one of those things. Hell, if I hadn't found a complete Energon Tidal Wave and near complete Energon Prime (big version with trailer and drones) in the bag o' stuff, I'd have been annoyed at wasting the petrol collecting the Power Rangers thing. Doesn't even have good play value by modern TF standards beyond "stand there, look big."

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I have that Wild Force Megazord/Gaoking (I think?). It maybe bricky buts its got a certain diecasty nostalgia about it :D .

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

That'll be why if it were released 20 years earlier, it would be fine. But as something competing with Rail Racer and Landfill? No. To me, that would be like going out to buy a car and find that someone is seriously trying to sell me a Ford Model T. Sure, it's an interesting curiosity, but it's not something I want to actually use.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I guess you're right. It seems like most Sentai/PR mech toys are seriously lacking in articulation/complexity.

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I think I'm going to go by Kmart tonight and try to get the Jungle Pride. I need that one to complete my collection of those zords.

To the OP: Both of those are really cool. I would say get the one that has the animals you like better.

11. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Of the two I'd say that Jungle Master is definitely the better toy. I really enjoyed the design on that one.

12. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the Jungle Pride, which looks better with the lion/chameleon auxiliary zords. The Jungle Master is great on its own, but because of its bulk, it doesn't benefit from the extra armor that the elephant or the lion/chameleon zords give the Jungle Pride.

Plus, there's something about wearing a lion head on one's chest that's very reminiscent of other robots.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the price - yes! But like the others mention, articulation is solely lacking. I have the Japanese version of the Jungle Pride. I love most of the animal themes in the Power Ranger series. However, I personally feel that the zords in Wildforce or (Gao Rangers) were better in terms of design, gimmicks and variety compared to Jungle Fury zords.

14. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The problem with that is that Bandai of America split the DX figure and combining features into two separate toylines. The Shark, Bat, Elephant, and Lion/Chameleon ended up in the smaller, non-electronic Transforming scale in the US. If Sashiel is indeed talking about the DX, then the only way he would have to do that would be to hunt down the Gekiranger releases instead, which are much more pricey.

15. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

I agree, I picked this up today, last one at my local Toys R Us, I have to say I really dig it. Much better then the Jungle Pride.

though if I could find a DX version of the Geki wolf. I would maybe change my opion, slightly.