Are there "Sports Car Patrol" KOs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by victorhugoma, Apr 24, 2011.

1. victorhugoma

victorhugoma Active Member

Hi there everyone.

I recently got the Micromasters' Sports Car Patrol, together with their package. I noticed however, that unlike any other Micromasters that I had, they were made in China. I am a little suspicious about them being KOs. (Specially Blackjack's plastic, seems from a little inferior quality)

They all have "1988 Hasbro Inc" and "Takara 1988" labeled, also "china".

Can someone please let me know if therese are KOs, or if this set of originals was made in China?

Thank you,

Victor

2. It Is Him

It Is Him Well-Known Member

Yes, I've seen some high quality KOs, but I'm not expert on them or their stamps. Transformerland.com had a bunch until recently, which is how I became aware of them.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought the Sports Car Patrol when they first came out, and mine all have the China stamp. So I'd say yours have a good chance of being originals. Sadly they were the only Decepticon Micromasters I bought, so I don't know if the others were made in China.

However, I also bought the Autobot Race Car and Off Road Patrols back then, which were apparently made in Macau (autonomous government in 1988). Proof that communism = evil?