Are there plans for PCC drone "booster packs"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mightion, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    Title pretty much says it all... I was wondering if there were plans for "booster packs" of drones, so 'bots like Huffer and Searchlight can have their "own" sets of limbs.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

That's been pretty much my question since this line debuted on the internet via pics.

Having different drones new molds sold seperatly would be a amazing sight to see. it would add new levels to the mix & match combining that the PCC line offers.

3. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed. And, This is pretty much the whole idea behind the PCC line as I understand it. It would really be easy for Habro to do with the existing molds, just recolor them. My question is would they be sold in 2 pack boosters or 4 pack boosters? It would make more sense for a 4 pack booster at or below 10.00 but lately it seems that business and common sense do not go together. Also what faction symbol should they have Autobot, Decepticon, Mini-con, or none?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think they will ever sell the drones without a commander. Imagine being a kid and getting such a pack, then finding out they transform into unusable limbs. I'm sure they will always be sold with one character to attach them onto.

5. Goatboy

Goatboy Well-Known Member

I'd love drone booster packs, but I doubt Hasbro will do them. The problem is you cant play straight out of the box. You need to buy a commander figure to use the gimick, other wise there just little cars/planes ect.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    What the two above said.

Ah, if only the drone limbs had robot modes then drone packs would've made more sense. Without it's hard to see how they'd sell well without a Scout commander.
    Maybe instead of the Minicons the Scout repaints from the five packs came with a repainted drone each. Buy four Scouts and you have enough drones for a full combiner. The drone included with each would be random, which could help shift the repaints. I dunno. I'm not a great fan of the non-robot drone idea to begin with really and this thread flags up a good reason why.

7. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

unless the drones ends up transforming into a robot itself instead of a gimmick-related transformation then it might work,ill be like a legends figure... only well better. other then that the limb booster pack idea wont work well alone.

8. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

As a store exclusive it might work. But they'll have advert the hell outta the fact that they need a commander to work.

9. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    With as many 5 packs that are slated to come out, and some of them being recolors, I doubt there will be "booster packs". Hasbro rarely if ever makes accessory packs anyways, and a booster pack would be just an accessory pack.

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd rather see a pcc city bot that could store/transport the drones :) 

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually had an idea few weeks ago for a commander that rather then being the core would become 4 limbs and a chest/gun/hand weapon. Think energon Wing Saber but spring loaded

12. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    IMO if they release a pack with a scout and 8 drones or 6 drones I'd get it.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Just sell G1 Metroplexes with a dozen or so PCC drones.

14. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Well, I'd like them to do that, but I don't think they will.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    The only way i can see extra drones being sold is in a special store exclusive type pack that a 5 pack comes with an extra set of 4 drones.

16. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

great idea. hasbro/takara should release leader sized versions of updated exact new mold trypticon & metroplex. just label metroplex & trypticon as PCC city formers.

17. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I think they could.

Since they have RPMs, I think they'd be able to have the drones (let's pretend they're cars) have little wheels. So even if the kid's parents got him the drones, he would have four Hot Wheels things.

18. MicroZone21

MicroZone21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the idea of the PCCs, but I'd rather see a radical rethinking before they did something like this. Let them turn into Legends-size robots on their own. You can sell them on their own as well as redecos in 2- and 5-packs. And I'd avoid the spring-loaded auto-transform. 3 out of the 8 drones I've had wont stay attached because the springs keep shooting them off of the blue pegs.

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    the combaticon drones look awesome set up on trypticon's city mode...perfect size for the ramps and landing pads.

20. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I think the only way they will release drones by themselves is if there IS some sort of drone carrier released, but we'll see, I doubt either will happen.