Are there any toys you would get if they were different size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So there's been the debate over size with transformers for a very long time, but are there any figures you passed up because they weren't the right size to you? What figures are they and what size do you want them to be?

I remember passing up the original ultra BW Primal and Megatron thinking they were way too big. I would've wanted them to be big deluxes or small megas.

Ideally I would've wanted Tigatron to be a new mold and a mega size, but I literally never saw one of him in a store and I understand they need to do some repaints for cost purposes.

The RID 1.0 Predacons. Again I understand why they made them small, but in the cartoon they were about the same size as the car brothers. If they were each upsized to deluxe, I would've gotten them

TM2 Megatron - I got him as a gift, so I do have him (think I actually sold him actually) but I want him to be the same size as optimal optimus

2. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

MP Inferno. I want him Voyager sized (about 7 inches) to fit in with my Wreckers crew. He's just too big currently.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I almost passed on the CW leader seekers because of their size. But I eventually bought Skywarp over the Spring drought and ended up buying the other two to complete the set.

4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I want all the Triple changers as deluxes, exept Astrotrain and Broadside, i want them as voyagers.
    And i want all the original headmasters in TR to be voyagers.
    I would have bought TR Blaster and Soundwave had they been voyagers, i don't need the gimmick if all the original cassetes don't get updates that fit in them.
    And i don't need my chug communicators to have that gimmick anyway, i have the G1 toy for that, its the one gimmick i don't particularly want an update for in chug.
    I wish they reused the legion class warpath design to base a legend class toy on.

5. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    UW Devastator. I want Deluxe Class Constructicons so they fit better with the rest of CW/UW, as well as my greater CHUG collection. Still hoping some company will KO this set and downsize it.

The fact they made him Titan Class is the only reason I still don't have this set.

6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    any of the impactors into voyager....i'm sure there is more, i just can think of them....

7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

With regards to figures that have come out in the last two years, I feel like HasTak has been pretty good on getting the right sizes for everyone. Leader class seekers are a 50/50 issue with me. I kinda like them, I kinda don't. I like voyager size triplechagners. I like leader class PMOP and Megatron (CW). I'm also 50/50 on Titan class Devastator, where half of me likes how it came out and half of me would have liked it if were the same size as the other combiners.

Overall, I like the size choices being made.

8. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    fuck yes. leader-sized classics optimus, please. classics megatron too. i love my MP's, but the updated classics designs are too cool that i'd take both.

9. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Leader class seekers if they were deluxe.
    Leader class Soundwave if he was Voyager.

10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I have felt this way in the past, especially with the Beast Wars line but Im finding recent figures have been addressing this quite well.

11. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Almost all leader class figures. I can do without the big, ratchety, clunkiness of that size class. And I can especially do without the Leader Class figures that have the lights and sounds gimmick. It's almost always cheesy and the figure usually suffers in both modes to accommodate the electronics.

12. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    I'd looooooove to see the legends Seeker mold upscaled to Deluxe or Voyager. Obviously with a more intricate transformation and the obligatory Conehead retools, too.

Same thing with Legends Shockwave. I have no need for a tiny Shockwave I can't put anywhere on my shelves, even if he's awesome.

13. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

Ooh, I never thought of this... now I want it. :( 

14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, offcourse. Ditto, how could i forget this.

15. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    me too!!!

16. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see the leader class seekers downsized to voyager. I'd also personally like characters like Ironhide and Ratchet along with a few others to be the size of TR Cerebros (between a deluxe and a voyager).

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

The leader class seekers as voyagers and titan devi down to being made of all dlx to make him more in line with the other cw combiners.

CW leader megs would have been better as a voyager but I still got it and now TR megs is coming that doesn't bother me so much.

U2 Galvatron should have been a voyager.

18. Noma-Caa

Noma-Caa Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't like Leader Class toys all that much. There are only a few characters that I feel can really get away with being that much bigger than everyone else. Ultra Magnus and Megatron being two of the standouts. And, though I'm in the process of collecting the Classics Seekers, I would love to see the mold updated and upscaled to a Voyager sizing. But, for most characters, I'm pretty happy with a majority of Deluxes with a handful of Voyagers.

19. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with the trend here: I would have bought a lot more Leader Class figures at the Voyager scale. Leader is just too big for my space.

(That being said, the thought of having to hunt down all six seekers again makes me too anxious...so deluxe scale they shall remain.)

I don't recall ever passing on a figure because it was too small, though.

20. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

TR Leader class Soundwave.

I never picked up the FOC Voyager soundwave, bc I didnt care for the cyber truck altmode for him.
    I got the FOC Blaster since I dont care a lot about his alt mode.

I use my old G1 reissue for SW , but I would have bought TR if it was Voyager sized.