Are there any plans to release an ULTRA Magnus classic figure

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jan 13, 2007.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

The white prime might be good for some but to be Magnus has always a cap that combines with his trailer with an extra head helemet.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Aside from the Target 2 pack with Skywarp I don't think there are any more plans for Magnus.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There is a 6" Titanium Ultra Magnus coming out that is based off his G1 form.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Which is awesome... but I can't help but feel like he's going to feel... small.

5. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

ah

Look white Prime is Ultra Magnus this is getting so old, They are not going to release a special Trailer version of anything these days, the trailer is dead for both Prime and Magnus, it is a Trailer, not what kids now want on an action figure these days obviously due to the lack of them in this particular line, they even took it away from the Titanium Rodimus and made it one piece.

Either one is integrated these days or is left on the design room floor.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, but I honestly can see why it is done. A trailer is an extra part left to one side when it isn't being used for the vehicle mode. It adds to cost but not to playability. So Hasbro has to either make them so they somehow integrate into the robot mode or ditch them.
    As iconic as the trailers are, they lack appeal to the target demographic, and since there are only so many ways for them to combine with Optimus they get left (Though I still want that giant gauntlet and axe supermode!)

Besides, the integrated trailer on Titanium Rodimus worked extremely well. It gave him some real and much needed bulk. If the Ultra Magnus ends up the same size as Rodimus, he should be fine.

7. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

An integrated trailer for Magnus would be okay. The cab could some how turn around slide down and connect into the trailer and then the head could flip over.

White Optimus Prime = "Protection From Hate Plague" Prime and not Ultra Magnus.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

White Prime is still a cop out regardless of hasbros reasons for doing it. They have proven that they can make a figure like Ultra Magnus from G1 and have it all integrated. They just don't want to do it on a larger scale then the 6" Titanium. I would buy a larger version, G1 Magnus was among my favorites because of the trailer. Gave him that much MORE playability IMHO.

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Maybe we'll get a Classics Magnus, and, Prime trailer some day, well I can hope .

10. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

When I was a kid I got SO much more use out of that toy as Protection From Hate Plague Prime than I did as Magnus. :D 

I love how they've integrated the trailers in Titanium. I don't think we'll see any trailer combiners except as leader figures in the main line anyway, so I'd be perfectly happy for them to go that route going forward.

11. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Frankly, I'm sick of this "Magnus... The Other White Optimus" bullshit.

But that's probably all you'll ever get from here on out.

Just get RID or Car Robots God Magnus, he's the best Ultra Magnus ever made ( you G1 purists can disagree, of course...and then go back to playing with your toys that have NO ARTICULATION! OWNAGE!)