Are there any plans for additional Classics toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave500, Dec 12, 2007.

1. soundwave500

soundwave500 Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about plans for more Classics line toys. I grew up with the G1 show and toys, but unfortunately I didn't have many of them back then. The ones I did have were really um...played with. I have all of the Classics non-mini and non-legend figures, because I dig how they are just like the G1 series. I really want to see them come out with Ratchet, Wheeljack, etc, so they'll fit with what I have. I don't like how the new movie toys have really robotic faces, etc. Anyway, any info is appreciated. Thanks! Oh yeah, long time lurker, first time poster!

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Classics 2, should see light around fall next year I think. If you do a search for classics you should find more info.

look here

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're doing Classics 2.0, a.k.a. Transformers Universe. It'll be released around Fall '08. They're having Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, Galvatron, Octane, and possibly Jazz, as well as others. They will be including Ultra Class figures this time around. That's pretty much what I know.

4. thor20

thor20 Omnibot

There is supposed to be Classics 2.0 next year. I've read rumors of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker and more triplechangers.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The first run next fall is going to be 8 Deluxes and 3-4 Ultras. Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, and Octane are 3 of those Deluxes, and Galvatron is one of the Ultras. Other than that, the rest of the figures are speculation, helped along with a short list of characters they would like to do, which would include Ironhide, Prowl, and Jazz, along with some others that I can't remember at the moment.

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Pretty much what everyone else said and I agree with your thoughts on Classics. They are what got me back into Transformers after many years. Good stuff and I am really looking forward to these coming out.

7. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    I can't wait for fall! Hopefully we get some announcement on the full assortment sooner than later...................

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that we'll be getting a lot more info on the line at Botcon next year. Hopefully we'll also see some pictures of actual prototypes instead of just design art. I'm also hoping that we get some more info on the future of Animated (prototype pics, future seasons, etc...). While it is still a ways away, I think Botcon is are best hope for some more info.

9. soundwave500

soundwave500 Member

Cool, thanks for the replies. I have seen the re-issue Ratchet and such, and just don't like the way it turns into that sort of open bay workshop type thing. It'd be so sweet to have the ambulance transform into the robot. It'll be awesome to see the 2.0 line...hope they do bring out Ironhide and Prowl. Just hope they don't overlook the G1 RID characters too much when they come out with classics! I've read that Hasbro or is it Takara Tomy doesn't own the mold for Omega Supreme, so there is no chance for an update for him. Any more info?

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They don't own the rights that would allow a reissue. They should however be able to make an updated version (if they want to) the same way they did with jetfire (which they don't have the rights for the original).

11. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Since Botcon is in April, I'd be shocked if prototypes weren't shown at the new product panel.

12. BARRICADE10-100

BARRICADE10-100 Active Member

Any chance for more seekers

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Using Classics Starscreams mold? Only Sunstrom is possible at this point. The only way for the "botcon 3" to see retail is to produce new molds. Or draft old ones.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I asked this a few days ago befor getting the Botcon 3 and if they are done which is very unlikely Takara/Tomy can not use the molds for Thrusts wings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Actually early on in the G1 cartoon a number of diiferent seeker colors appeared. I remember a green and a yellow. Probably just cartoon screw ups back in the day but they could probably put out the Starscream mold in those colors if they wanted. I'd like to see them just to get an affordable mold to custom Thundercracker with. Classics Starscream is just going for way too much these days.

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The deco that became Sunstorm was one of those. There were also green, grey, and mauve/purple. You see them most in "More than meets the eye." I think they were there to make up for the fact that Autobots out number the 'cons 2:1.

EDIT: Or orignally Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge were going to just be new decos of the F-15 mold and that's who you see in "MMTE." *shrug*

17. noob_collection

noob_collection noob at collecting

Perceptor for classics 3.0!!!!

18. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme as an Ultra!

He would be ace.

19. soundwave500

soundwave500 Member

Those would be so awesome! I tried to get a hold of mint in the box G1 Perceptor on Ebay, but didn't end up lucky. Same thing with Wheeljack. I just want them to reissue so the sizes and everything will be consistent with other Classic Deluxe 'bots. Ratchet, Wheeljack, Perceptor...ooh yeah, and Grapple. That would be awesome. An updated Omega Supreme Ultra would make me giggle with glee. I think.

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    no more seekers please....i don't want a 7th copy of mold that represents a nobody with no lines and no "anything".

Sunstorm? maybe... i'd rather see SOMETHING else. even if it is a repaint of someone else...