Are there any other toy conventions after SDCC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I just want to ask if there is any other toy conventions that come after San diego Comic Con. That way, if they show no DOTM Deluxe Mirage, Wheeljack, Soundwave, Leadfoot, Human Alliance Soundwave or rumoured Leader Class Megatron mentioned in the panel or presentation, I'll try to look forward to the next convention. Also, if they show not pictures or confirmation about those figures I don't have to post a topic titled, "You Were Saying?"

2. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFcon Toronto, around July 30th. But in any case, I'd recommend not posting a "You were saying?" thread no matter the conditions. It just comes off as pretentious and annoying. I'd say just be patient, you make a few threads about this almost every week, I can 100% assure you we're getting these toys at one point, definitely by the end of this line. They will probably be shelfwarming at that point too. If I'm wrong, you can let me know and I will personally make an apology thread and post a picture of myself with "I'm wrong, Lazerwave was right, and I will never ever question his knowledge ever again. Ever." written on my forehead while I attempt to eat my ROTF Leader Optimus. I don't know any other way to assure you that we're getting these toys. Except for DOTM Leader Megatron. That was and always has been fan speculation. Please be patient.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    :banghead: 

4. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

NJCC is in october

5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    You are reminding me about someone who said to me, "If there is no Mirage or Wheeljack I'll eat my Fortress Maximus".:lolol 

Anyways, it just hit me. If there is a Mirage and Wheeljack,chances are I might not get it. Because, since I live in Canada, usually there are always the last 1-2 wave never get shipped to Canada. So I'll have to buy the 2 on ebay for maybe $100.

6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last year, the first pictures of many RTS and Generations figures such as Jazz, Tracks, Windcharger, Grapple, and Lugnut were first released to us from a TF convention in China, IIRC.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hasbro just called me; there's NO DOTM Mirage, Wheeljack, Soundwave, Leadfoot, Human Alliance Soundwave or Leader Class Megatron planned AT ALL.

Let the panic begin; we can close all these threads now.

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Not funny.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    were you at tfcon last year lazerwave?

10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Never go to conventions in my life. too expensive.

11. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I'm being patient here.

And besides, they are annoucing the new toys at SDCC on July 21 right? And that's my birthday, if they reveal Mirage, Wheeljack, Leadfoot and Soundwave at the presentation it will be like a birthday present from the blog.

12. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Yes, that's correct. I remember that the legends line, and several RTS toys were revealed there. I'm not sure when we can expect to receive news of new toys, sometimes it just happens. The last few TF product panels I've attended have been disappointing, not much big news.

13. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    We have no idea when they're announcing new toys. It's all speculation. THere has been no confirmation of anything new being revealed at any convention, just Hasbro saying "We will reveal the toys after the movie comes out." Which could be at SDCC, or it could be 25 years from now. Last year's SDCC gave us almost nothing new, iirc. So just wait for SDCC, don't expect anything new. If they reveal something, cool, but if they don't, then don't get bummed out about it.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Their's one in China in August.

That would be the latest to see if we get Mirage, Wheeljack and Soundwave.

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    My god Lazerwave, get some goddamn patience. This is like your 3rd or 4th thread on your impatience.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro will be putting in an appearance to showcase new product in a conference room at the Hilton. :p 

After SDCC, in terms of shows that might have a Hasbro reveal, there's TFCon, maybe NYCC, and I think there's some in Asia. But they can also just reveal stuff on their own through press releases and such whenever the hell they feel like it.

17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Well, I got one shred of proof. The Luxury car that might be Wheeljack, they said takara might release it October or November. And the USA release of Human Alliance Soundwave said to be released November.

18. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

I do love these Laserwave threads.

19. Ribieconvoy

News Credits:
    Release dates from retailers mean absolutely nothing. They said we'd get Generations Wapath as well as Prime Arcee, Prime Bumblebee, and Prime Optimus Prime in April, and Warpath hasn't even passed the "scattered sightings mark" and Prime toys aren't coming until December. And read this thread, because you obviously don't get that Hasbro might screw us over http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/315031-hasbro-transformers-panel-images-sdcc-2010-a.html

20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    You got me there.

Now I'm worried.

Hope the next conventions mean something.

I mean, I talk to collector store owners who go to the SDCC for Transformers, they tell me it's worth a year's pay to go, but just to expect nothing?

I'm just going to sit right here, with my face on the screen and hope someone posts a picture of the toys, even if it takes me 25 years and I turn blind.