are there any he-man fans here?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ckhtiger, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    just wondering, since I vaguely recall there was from back when the new cartoon was on. I was planning on getting two of the latest statctions, rio-blast and jitsu, when I mentioned them to my girlfriend, and now I think I'm getting them for christmas. I was looking on the he-man.org boards, and I guess there were tons of issues with jitsu's ponytail breakng off, maybe to the point where it hurt retailer's desire to carry the neca line anymore.

anywho, any others want to talk about the no. 5 toyline from the 80's for a bit? (after tf, gijoe, sw, and hot wheels)

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to have a bunch of figs from when I was a kid. They are stashed somewhere at my parent's house. A few months ago I lucked out at my comic shop and got the last one of these reissue 5-packs for $10:
    [​IMG]

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    wow, I think those went for a bit on ebay! good score.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I have several of the 90's ones and Greyskull. The show was great, but got killed by too many he-man and skeletor figures. The figures had good sculpts, but could have used more articulation.

5. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a He-Man fan too!

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I thought it would cost more, but when I asked the kid at the register he said it was taking up too much space and he let it go for $10.

7. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Lucky Bastard.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a He-man fan too! I used to have alot of the toys when I was much younger (7-12 yrs)! The vehicles were pretty cool - full of gimmicks! I was disappointed that the new series was cancelled because I wanted to see an updated version of Hordak! I didn't get the Neca ones because I was told they were like statutes i.e. fragile.

9. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sold off the small collection I had. They were just taking up room in my cloest. I'm trying to pair down the collection. No more SW, GI Joes, or Comic figs. Just good ole TFs.

I did love the ingeneous names and features. Snout Spout and Leech were fun. My wife thought Grizzlor looked like a Troll doll. Mantenna was fun too. Very freaky.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    they're actually quite sturdy. heavy, yet made out of some sort of resin. the only things that may break are little pieces if they fall from a high place, but plastic figures would break that way, too.

11. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    he man was my first favorite toy(that I can remember-wait, hotwheels also) growing up and still has a special place in my heart.

I wish they would have kept the new line going, but the statues are really cool also. I have the one he-man toy that i loved when i was a kid, an original misb panthor. absolutey one of my favorites of all time. you can get the original he man figs on ebay for pretty cheap, but i have heard europe is really big into he man also, so they fight for the harder to find he man toys.

12. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I had a few figures back in the day but unfortunately the old ones I have today aren't in very good shape. When the newest series came out I bought every figure I could find, yes even the one per wave He-Man and Skeletor repaints. I remember having to hunt down Evil-Lyn and finally finding her one night in early December at Fred's (a southeast store like Dollar General) where I found two. As the series was drawing to a close I was unable to find Roboto and Zodac.

A year or two later at another Fred's I found them in the Snakemen packaging along with the Battle Armor He-Man, new Man-At-Arms, and Battle Fist (Fisto) which I bought but there was another He-Man and Mekaneck which I passed on. I never expected to see them in stores and was unable to order them online at BBTS when they were first released (although I was able to order wave 1 of the villains). Unfortunately they no longer have any, not even the first Man-At-Arms that was a shelf warmer. One day I will have to track down a new Tri-Klops since the one I had was beheaded so to speak.

I really liked those figures but all good thinks must pass, although the passing helped since I had less money to spend and Transformers came first followed by G.I. Joe.

He-Man should return soon though. There was a prototype of a new He-Man at SDCC that had articulation similar to Marvel Legends that I believe they said may release in the fall of 2008. The design had a lot more in common with the original 80's version than the 2000's version.

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    My brother had He-Man, a LOT of it. I remember Raiding Greyskull constantly. First the Empire showed up, the Cobra Bombed them, and later The Decpticons attacked.

Ahh memories.

14. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

I still have MOST of my collection from back in the days.

The ONE item I always wanted but never got was the Eternia playset.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I loved it as a kid- had lots of figures but most of them broke over time. Back, I don't know, 2002 or before, they had those reissues, and I managed to pick up Skeletor and Panthor, and the normal He-Man. Never opened them, but they display well.

16. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i loved he-man back in the day. if it werent for TF and poor distribution here i wouldve totally picked the 2k versions, loved the new designs.

my fave figure back in the day was rio blast. and the playsets then were so cool, castle gayskull, i mean grayskull, snake mountain (snake?)...oh man.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, that was one playset that really took my breath away as a kid! It was like the Fort Max of G1 at least to me! :D 

18. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I have several of the recent figures,notably Evil-Lyn and Fisto. The line suffered from too many versions of He-Man and Skeletor plus little to know advertising and marketing. CN killed the toon through bad scheduling and plus I admit it may have been a bit too mature for the youngsters.

19. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    did the new snake men ever make it stores? I saw the versions of skeletor and he man, but I never did see the real snakemen at any stores. bought my guys at a convention.

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    well, since you're asking about some of the figures, here's pics of my collection. all of the individual figure pics, aside from keldor and she-ra, are the mini statues or "stactions". the figures in the group pics are the regular action figures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as you can see, Malach Ra, the snake men are fully represented. I don't have kobra kahn or king hiss, though. didn't like their designs.