Are there any figures you regret not picking up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Sep 17, 2016.

1. nater

nater Well-Known Member

I remember looking at ROTF Bruticus Maximus redeco and always going "I'm going to get that next week" Next week never came and I am sad now =/

2. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Cloud Rodimus when he was about $90

3. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

TRU MP 10 Prime
    MP Skywarp (I think it was a Wal Mart exclusive?)
    MP Soundwave

4. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TRU's commemorative series OP and UM. I never had them as a child... and still don't.

5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    when I was in college, the Powermasters and Headmasters were hella cheaper than they are now. (at most 40 for a complete headmaster), I completed my Decepticon wave 1 headmasters, but I still have 3 more Autobot headmasters I need to pick up that go for 80-110 each.......... and I want continuity so i'm not getting the TR ones

6. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    FOC Whirl & Generations Junkheap are the only ones I can think of so far

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The main ones I regret not picking up at the time are Titan metroplex and platinum omega supreme

8. openchallenge

openchallenge It's own reward

Platinum Omega Supreme. I was taking a break from bots but I still check in during those periods. I must have hovered my mouse over it a hundred times. I know that there is supposed to be a Titan class coming but I don't remember it placing well in the fan vote so I don't think it's a priority at all. Supreme class fits better in a Detolf or photos anyway.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish I had bought E-Hobby Deadlock at TFCon and that MISB BW Inferno, someone else bought it by the time I went back to buy it.

10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars Quickslinger and Brakeneck. I remember seeing them in stock and thinking "Eh, they'll be there later." Now they go for about $40 a piece. I also regret not getting the HFTD The Fallen(Blue) with the staff and removable face. It seems hard to find that now at all.

11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Generations thrilling 30 trailcutter is another one for me, I missed out on a lot of chug figures due to being more into the mainline up till the current series

12. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

I regret not buying RiD Gold Armor Grimlock. He looked cool, but it was either him or Combiner Wars Brawl that day. Brawl's a decent figure, but I kinda wish I had gone for Grimlock. :p 

13. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My big ones for ages were Movie Masterpiece Starscream and Human Alliance Soundwave, but I managed to swipe both for fair prices a short while ago. Now I'm much more careful about these things and I've prioritised buying older stuff before it goes up any further in value.

Actually I think, overall, I've suffered more from buying figures that I later had no use for, which I ended up unloading for little to no profit - stuff like the FOC Combaticons, a load of Classics figures I recently replaced with Henkei versions, and tonnes of ROTF off-screen figures.

14. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

If it's worth anything, I had one for awhile, and it's that that impressive a figure. The elbows barely bend, and the legs just felt...I dunno, awkward. Might still be in one of my bins, now that I think of it.

15. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi all,

Sorry if this isn't the place to bring this up but I have a few of the items some posters here regret not picking up in the past that I'm getting ready to put up for sale either here or on eBay. The problem is I've never actually sold anything before. Seriously. Is there an actual topic here at TFW2005 that users are free to discuss price points for various items? I've been trying to decide the right prices for these things so that I'm not ripping anyone off but at the same time not totally getting taken for a ride, ya know? Any point in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

16. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Oh let's see, there's the bulk of the Prime cyberverse line. That was just pure procrastination on my part. Just prioritized other things far more. RTS Jazz for whatever reason I had myself convinced I didn't need to get him when he was on HTS for $11. That one I'm really kicking myself for. Cloud Optimus he was always a well I don't have the money for him right now thing. Plenty more figures fall into that category so I don't feel that bad about missing them. Gen Legends Starscream with Waspinator though. Still salty about procrastinating on that one for so long. People complained about him shelfwarming with the other wave 1 and 2 figs. Then poof and suddenly people are asking insane prices for him.

A tad. I remember about 6-7 years ago you could get him MIB for about $50. Being an oddball type figure and a Japanese only fig he is a tad popular.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

There were quite a handful of Transformers that I regretted not picking up when I should have.

I remember seeing HFTD The Fallen at K-Mart one time, but I passed on him because he was on my wishlist and I figured my former best friend would get him for me, but she didn't... and I never saw him in retail again. I've tried searching for him on eBay a few times, but to no avail. :( 

Other TFs I regretted not getting:
    - Generations Titan class Metroplex
    - Takara Deluxe Jet Vehicons
    - Takara Masterpiece Soundwave
    - Takara Masterpiece Soundblaster

I think that's it... if there are any others I regretted not getting when I should have, they shouldn't be that hard to find and not too expensive on eBay.

18. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I don't quite regret not getting FoC Starscream, but I ended up getting both FoC Thundercracker and FoC Skywarp so I screwed up somewhere. Well... at least Thundercracker and Skywarp still look good together.

I sometimes wonder if I really regret not getting FoC Kickback considering he looks really weird. I don't know if that's "weird like" or "weird stupid", but I'll never know now.

I really regret not getting CW Rook, but I never had the opportunity to get him. He never showed up in my local retail for some reason. At least in that case I can assuage that by the fact that I have UW Roller.

19. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this is not going to help, but I really liked FoC Kickback, although he doesn't seem to fit anywhere in my collection.
    His joints are tight and he can hold multiple poses, and his has a decent amount of weapons.

I regret not getting the G1 reissue Metroplex when it was going for $60 - was still a student was money was hard to come by.
    Also G1 reissue Skylynx, especially after I bought CW Skylynx and realised how small he is.

20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I passed up RTS Jazz once. Generally speaking, though, I very rarely have a chance to pass up toys. PA is a twilight zone where everybody but me is either poor or a scalper.