Are there any DOTM toys I might not be able to find in a few weeks?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, May 14, 2011.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I spent most of the money I had saved up for dotm toys on fansproject stuff. So I don't have nearly as much as I had hoped for the release. Are there any DOTM toys that I won' be able to find in retail in the next couple of weeks, or ever?

I have shockwave, skyhammer and topspin preordered on hts.com. But was wondering if leader sentinel prime will be impossible to find. Or any others.

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Not likely. They're here to stay for a while.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Distribution issues probably won't kick 'til at least wave 4.

4. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    Wave 1 of any movie series will be quite available. Its just right now, before the official release date, certain stuff will be hard to find. When I bought my Sentinel Prime, he was the only one there, next to 3 leader BBs. I also missed Crankcase, but I have full confidence I will find him in a few days.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you should be okay because there are a lot of movies out this summer with a toy line tied to them. With so many kids and collectors chasing so many lines I don't there it too big of a danger that any wave one figures are going to become scalper bait or movie one Bumblebee to the kids.

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro has learned their lesson the first time and we won't be having any distribution problems.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Retailers know the movie stuff prints money, so they refuse to buy Generations and RTS stuff in favor of it. They buy the first few waves in spades so it'll be pretty damn saturated before long.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What lesson is there for Hasbro to learn? They make the toys, and that's it. Everything beyond that is entirely up to the retail chains ordering the product.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hasbro decides what goes in the cases.

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    From what I've seen, the Wreckers are packed 1 per case, so they might tend to be the hit or miss ones. Though every single store seems to be ready to put out DotM stuff, so I doubt there will be any shortages. Hell, I was just in CVS this morning and there was a whole case of deluxes and legions on the pegs, as well as that Human Alliance 3-wheeler with Spike Witwicky.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I can't say for sure, but I'm taking precautions and ordering whater I can, for as cheap as I can, online.

12. trionsupreme

trionsupreme Well-Known Member

MAYBE those walmart exclusives Star Chest Optimus w/ Comettor and the pack w/ the extra Rodimus. but plenty of store exclusives make it to the clearance rack at walmart, tru, and target.

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I doubt anything will be hard to find. I would not be surprised that like with ROTF, stores will over order on DOTM. It'll just be a matter of time until wave 1 stuff clears out enough to put out later waves is all.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even the retailers seems to getting a little smarter by not flooding shelves so far with the first wave of a movie line like Thor, so maybe they will put waves out at a nice pace instead of one big flood right out of the gate.