are there any differences between TAKARA and HASBRO identical figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mfa8578, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

i've been wondering. are there any differences between TAKARA and HASBRO figures? let us do some comparison by comparing RICOCHET from 2002 HASBRO and TAKARA reissues.
    - in terms of materials, both were made of similar materials, with plastic and some metal parts.
    - quality wise, both are at the same acceptional qualities. durabilities, articulation, paint-job, stickers.
    - box art however is different. it seems that both TAKARA and HASBRO had come out with pretty nice packaging design, but TAKARA had taken further effort by coming out with hard-board paper and a few extra goodies like data section, mini-poster and so on.

now, if we look at masterpiece series, i notice that o.p (mp01) for instance has the very same design to 20th anniversary o.p from HASBRO. the only difference now is again packaging.

the question arose since i've encountered some pricing issues where TAKARAs' is said to have been sold at a higher price than hasbros'.

can someone please comment? not only at pricing but any other specs indifferences

2. redoptics

redoptics Banned

in regards to mpo1 there are other slight differences paint application size pf smoke stacks i have both the hasbro and takara optimus prime being mp01 and the dvd editon prime i use the takara asa display piece and the hasbro as a mess around when i feel like transforing it

3. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

u see... i've seen a lot collectors (even myself) tend to treat TAKARA figures as displays and rock with HASBRO figures... why is that so? are we subconsciously being indoctrinised by the japs to say that TAKARA figures are worthier not to be played with...? hehehe... just a glimpse of thought i guess... sorry...

4. redoptics

redoptics Banned

n o takaras quality is that much better on my hasbro prime some paint application is terrible bits lighter than the should be where as the takara one is perfectly done may b its just on mine but i tend to see better over all quality in takaras versions of products to hasbros

5. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

u got a good point in that. i just hope that both takara and hasbro can come out with more reissues... will hasbro do that? i mean, cming out with new reissue lines???

6. redoptics

redoptics Banned

why u want re-issues when you can buy the origanls only reason i buy re-issues is to fuck around with

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Not everyone can drop that kinda dough just for something to "fuck around with".

8. redoptics

redoptics Banned

well if your going to buy a re-issue the prices are increasing to a point where they are like nearly same price as the originals ie here in england brand new takara book vervion 0 optimus prime retails 80-140 pounds an original optimus prime fetch's £70-£200 depending on the condition i think its worth paying the little bit extra for a excellent original

9. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

where i come from, tf especially g1 figs are rare!!! i mean here it costs u easily USD 300 for an original g1 o.p with c6 condition (can we actually give scale condition to tf figs? like sw figs?). it is hard to get an original g1 toy here

10. redoptics

redoptics Banned

use the world wide web lol here is a good place to buy and ebay

11. mfa8578

mfa8578 transparentprime

not much of a global/electronic consumer i guess.. hehe

anyway, i must give an applause to the japs for their effort on packaging. take a look at the mp lines, they are just plain awesome!

12. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

You have heard of the Encore line, right?

13. redoptics

redoptics Banned

yes

14. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

Ok just curious as to why you did a comparison with the most expensive reissue prime out there. Encore is a very nice prime reissue for people who don't mind reissues.

15. redoptics

redoptics Banned

first one that came in my head lol encore retail slightly a bit less