are the WST dinobots worth getting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron784, Jun 11, 2009.

1. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

hey guys, im fairly new to collecting TF's, right now im just going after universe classics and a few G1 figs but the WST dinobots caught my eye and i really like them considering i cant afford the G1's right now. are they worth getting, i need some feedback. i know they are only 3 inches but they look very cool, how fragile are they and do you recommend them? or should i just skip them. i know collecting is all on personal preference but with these i need some kind of feedback because they are a bit pricey for how small they are. lmk guys. thanks.

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They are wonders of engineering at their size. I only have 3 of them but plan to get them all. They also look great with a G1 Devastator.

Their quality is good. If you are looking to get the dinobots and are cool with the small size you should get them.

3. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

thanks for the feedback man, i think i will, i got a offer on them from a member here and i have been debating back and forth if i want them or not but i really do like them.

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No problem. I call em how I see em. I will say if you are a sticker man, I have heard that the stickers are not cut well (as in you may need a blade to finish the cut). I however am not so can't comment from personal experience.

5. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they they all rock.

6. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I picked up all 5 of them and i'm very impressed overall a few things to be aware of:

slag and snarl both have removable fists instead of sliding fists, they are very tiny and easy to lose, a big downside on those two.

grimlock and sludge are 100% perfect in every way.

swoop has problems with his launchers more often then not ,in that they don't fit in the holes right, and his chest plates are very dificult to move, he's also a little more expensive because he comes with all 5 dinobots missle launchers.

If you were to have to choose, i'd suggest grimmy and sludge , but overall the set is great all together, the fist issues with snarl and slag only really affect them if you plan on transforming them alot.

all 5 of them are trully an amazing set especially since they aren't licenced.

7. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

These look like own to me.
    [​IMG]

8. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

a good comparison shot for size in beast mode:

[​IMG]

9. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Justitoys basically took the WST concept and one-upped Takara with these guys.

Reprolabels supposedly has sticker sheets for these little Dinobots that work better than the sticker sheets Justitoy bundled with them.

10. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

get'em. they are awesome!

11. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

And while you're at it,you might look into getting the wst Devastator to go with them.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only have Grimlock but he's bloody excellent!

13. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

If you can get them at a decent price, do so. They are all kinds of awesome. The quality is top-notch. The stickers kind of suck to get off the paper, but if you have a sharp knife, that's easily solved.

A couple other things you should watch for:

Snarl has a horribly loose waist. The hinge on my Slag's dino-mouth isn't aligned properly, but it still functions just fine. The screws can be a little on the too-tight side, so if something feels like it just doesn't want to move, bust out a screwdriver. The fist holes on Slag (I think) are just that little bit too small to hold the sword, but a small drillbit solves that easily.

Other than that, they really do rock. I love my set dearly and will never willingly part with it.

Swoop tends to go for more than others (from what I saw when I got Swoop and Sludge at any rate) as he comes with the launchers for all the Dinobots. Alas, the launchers don't work, but they look good!

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can we get pics with them and either Devy together?

15. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

How is the quality on the WST Devs anyway? I've seen it pop up a couple times at the convience stores near my work, but just never convinced myself to pull the trigger. I got the WST Superion and loathed it. The quality was pure shite.

16. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I love my WST Dinobots. I particularly like the fact that for Grimlock, you can slide the head forward in robot mode instead of having it awkwardly positioned so far back like the original G1 does. I concur though with all the minor criticisms that others have mentioned.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only complaint is having two of them with removable fists that have nowhere to go in dino mode... I never put the stickers on them.. Maybe I'll look into the reprolabels ones..

18. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In a word "Yes" they are the best WST figures made. And it's the Dinobots you have to collect them all.

19. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed as well...

20. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are very nice and since I wont shell out for the G1 full size, these will do...i also got the box set retribution set...better color scheme in my opinion and they all look GREAT!!!