are the voltron lions cyborgs, zoids . cybertronains or something beyond them?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Feb 9, 2018.

1. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy TFW2005 Supporter

Solid thread summary.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

What do the lions transform into?

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

The arms legs and upper torso of a larger robot

• Like Like x 1
  4. hardlurk

hardlurk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was a kid I had a Voltron and I just pretended it was a Transformers combiner like all the other Transformers combiners I had.

Come at me, IP law experts.

5. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    Contrary to what the modern media would have you believe, it is generally not against the law to use your imagination. ;) 

7. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

No contest.

Predaking would demolish Voltron.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I've always viewed things like Power Rangers zords and Voltron lions as inferior to cybertronians, due to them lacking both life and transformation (most of them, at least). As a kid I even used Power Rangers as a common antagonist faction for this exact reason - the story behind that was that they hunted transformers and took Sparks for their zords. Then transformers would fight powered up fully autonomous sentient transforming zord, defeat it and reivive their fallen comrade.

On the other hand, robots from Daigunder could pass as that universe's version of cybertronians. After all, they're sentient transforming (and combining) beings created by humans for gladiator battles (and bonus points for being a Takara toyline).

• Like Like x 1
  9. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

This. Almost across the board, when I see a show of Japanese origin, with each member wearing a different color of the rainbow, and they pilot a robot that combines with other robots to... make another robot, I kinda throw them all into the same category.

I'm a lot like Saban that way.

• Like Like x 3
  10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick question

Can you learn some grammar, punctuation, and capitalization skills? In favor of massive blocks of unreadable text of course.

11. Puffy Mcpufferson

Puffy Mcpufferson Well-Known Member

Here's a thought:
    In Golion, Golion was an arrogant sentient robot who challenged the Witch, after defeating several "beastmen."
    As a punishment and lesson in humility, the Witch broke Golion up into 5 separate lions- requiring 5 pilots to reawaken him again.
    After Golion's punishment, King Raimon (King Alfor) was murdered by Emperor Daibazaal (King Zarkon)- and the keys were buried with him in the castle.

Switch over to paranormal considerations for a moment: When somebody has a serious attachment to an object, and they pass away, they can supposedly imprint their spirit onto the object- making it potentially "haunted."

Switch over to Voltron- Defender of the Universe:
    King Alfor built Voltron. He placed all the hopes and dreams of his people into Voltron, he knew that Voltron was the key to peace throughout the universe. When When King Alfor was killed by King Zarkon, perhaps his soul was divided between the lions, each one gaining a portion of his spiritual energy- allowing him to communicate with the Voltron force, in their cockpits. You could possibly say the lions are a portal between the living and the dead- between King Alfor and the team.

Switch over to Voltron- The 3rd Dimension:
    The lions are dismantled/destroyed.
    Shortly after, bright lights shoot out from them, and up into the sky- presumably their "souls."
    Allura is informed by Queen Ariella's (the original 1st queen of Arus) ghost that the 5 lion spirits have always been at her side- and will continue to be.
    Soon after, the robot lions are resurrected and fly on their own, for the first time, to the castle- after being summoned by Allura.

Switch over to Legendary Defender:
    The lion has to choose the pilot, or nothing works- and all 5 pilots have to possess equally humble + courageous souls or they can't combine.

Bring them all together:
    1,000 years ago- Queen Ariella crash landed on Planet Arus as a baby.
    5 real lions nurtured, raised, and taught her the "way of the lion" AKA "way of the heart."
    As the first Queen of Arus, Ariella built and dedicated the Castle of Lions to her 5 caring companions.
    King Alfor builds Voltron and sends him into battle against Zarkon's Forces.
    Hagar curses Voltron, and decides to teach him a lesson in humility, by breaking him up into 5 parts- waiting to eventually be reactivated.
    King Alfor is killed by King Zarkon, and buried in the castle, along with the Lion Keys- but his spirit is divided amongst the robot lions- granting them spiritual abilities.
    5 humble and courageous space explorers discover the castle, and are chosen, not by the lions themselves, but King Alfor's spirit WITHIN the lions- as worthy to operate Voltron- making it possible for the controls to successfully respond.
    Because King Alfor's soul is imprinted onto each lion, it creates a communication portal between the living and the dead, allowing his ghost to communicate with the team whenever necessary- as well as to distinguish between worthy and unworthy pilots- making lion theft pretty tough.
    In the event that the robot lions are destroyed, Queen Ariella's ghost + the spirts of the original 5 lions make it possible to resurrect them. (Maybe only once?Repeatedly? Who knows...)

So in terms of questioning exactly what it is that gives the robot lions sentient abilities:
    King Alfor's ghost + the 5 spirits of the original lions that raised Queen Ariella + the 5 humble souls chosen to pilot them.

That would be my guess.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    A cybernetic organism is where the organism is reliant on both the organic parts and the cybernetic parts to live. For example a human with a pacemaker is a cyborg (real life example).

• Like Like x 1
  13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Pretty sure she's described as a celestial goddess in GoLion. She's Haggar the witch in Voltron though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Puffy Mcpufferson

Puffy Mcpufferson Well-Known Member

Goddess, Witch, whatever butters your bread....lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    i thought haggar was a completely differnant character from the goddess charater that broke golion into pieces from golion, i mean i udnderstand that honerva is haggars counterpart from golion but isint the goddess a separate character from them entirely?

• Like Like x 2
  16. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Go Lion Differences: Voltron's Origin

• Like Like x 1
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The Voltron lions are just controlled magically-empowered mecha, at least in US canon.

The Japanese version mentioned Voltron was a sentient being, as stated above. There could be some leeway there to make Voltron a former Cybertronian in a fanfic.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

The new Netflix show plays with this a bit, the loins are clearly sentient.

• Like Like x 1
  19. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

nicktoons voltron force also portrayed the voltron lions as being magically enhanced to life mechanical living mechanimal(mechanical, robotic, animal) beings with the souls and animal nature of actual lion spirits((magitechnologically enhanced living zoids for all intents )

20. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:

i think this was the story that explored that idea some years back

TransFormers Adventures on Planet Arus