are the rumble/ravage alternators cancelled?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Abrogate, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Entertainment Earth says they are, and I noticed BBTS took down their listing a long time ago. Does anyone have any definitive info?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    None that we have been aware of. My preorder with BBTS is still valid. Joel hasn't sent anything otherwise.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

They better not be. I've been looking foward to these buggers.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Grrr. I want me that Ravage, so they better not be cancelled...

5. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

It seems like Target and Wal-Mart have pulled away from Alts in recent months, who knows. Maybe Hasbro doesn't see a market. That would suck.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm, I know nothing of their cancellation either....guess I will keep an eye on my local forum for any updates.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
  8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That says the ASSORTMENT (case) is cancelled.

Could just mean Hasbro have changed the contents of the case, or perhaps even just that they've changed the stock number.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All these online shops probably put their order pages up way too early, and are probably withdrawing them until they get a more definite ETA. They're not due out until sometime into next year.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

You could be right there may be some uncertainty about when they're being released AHQ had them solicited for Dec 1st. I'm starting to wonder if the Jan date BBTS listed is correct.

If it was, we'd probably have seen at least one of them on eBay by now.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Considering Alt's like Skids, Ricochet, Camshaft, Rollbar and Swindle really did nothing except collect dust on shelves (at all the stores I've been to anyway), I would not be surprised in the least if certain stores decided to pull back on their orders for more.

It's unfortunate but somewhat expected with Hasbro's skewed marketing approach. The Alt's that were recognizable G1 Autobots seemed to sell very well (ie: Wheeljack, Jazz, Tracks, Mirage, etc), whereas all the new characters like Ricochet, Camshaft & Rollbar and/or bad designs like Skids just sat there and ended up in clearance bins. If they would have stuck with the core characters that people both knew AND wanted, I don't think there would have been a problem. Seems to me they shot themselves in the foot where the Alt line is concerned.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    yes they should have released ironhide and other more popular autobots, the stunticons would have sold better than rollbar or camshaft. Heck beachcomber would have sold better than rollbar.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping they rearrange the case assortment to include the two nerw bots, Mirage, and Camshaft. I never saw a Mirage last more than one day on the shelf, and Camshaft being in only one wave was kind of a raw deal. Or, they could do 6 to a case, with Rumble, Ravage, Prime, Camshaft, and Mirage x2, as people love that Ford GT.

-Tony!

14. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

said

I thought that they were not supposed to release until 07 anyways, and as far as Wal-Mart pulling away from Alternators, every Wal-Mart and Target I have been to seems to be getting the old box of Alts in Sunstreaker, Rollbar, Ricochet, Blue Tracks, Skids.

I was surprised when I saw these guys on shelves again, maybe they will clearance these guys to make room, I am still waiting till Cybertron goes dirt cheap to get a few more things.

15. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude, if your stores are having Camshafts warming the shelves, I'm sure there's a lot of fans that would love to get some help...

I doubt that there's a cancellation, not after how much Hasbro has put into making two new molds. I bet that they are just getting pushed back a bit, maybe witha new assortment including camshaft.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    god i hope thats the case...i need camshaft so bad....and ill need these 2 when they hit...

17. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Where is the preorder at BBTS?
    I can't find it anywhere?

18. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Uh, Camshaft warming shelves in Canada? What is this, the Alt Meister debacle all over again? We in the States can't find a Camshaft for anything. Distribution is nutty, I tell ya. And why aren't they getting more Mirages and Primes out there? They'll definitely sell.

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    That was Australia and New Zealand, though. :p 

20. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    thats my point. They had a preorder up several months ago, but now it's nowhere on the site. A friend of mine put in an order and he says it's still valid in his cart (and Razerwire says the same thing) but if you dont have an order, there's no way to find the listing.

Well, I'm used to Alts coming out a few weeks, or even months before their schedule date, so I thought it was kind of odd that we hadnt heard any news on these. So I checked on Entertainment Earth, figuring they'd have a timeframe, only to find the cancelled status. And aside from that one thread on actoys, we havent really seen any test shots of them like we usually would before release.

to me all it just seems kind of suspicious, and it's not uncommon for a company to just not bother releasing the last few figures of a dying line, but I'm hoping that they will still see release. I just wondered if anyone here had any info