Are the PCC and Stealth Force just a practice for something bigger?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 7, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well… This is my fist Transformers Toy Discussion. Here I go…

As you know from the recent DOTM Toy Reveals, we saw weapons that can combine, extend, swappable. We saw cars that can extend weapons from their vehicle bodies. Don’t you think that it all looks very familiar?

• The Power Core Combiners can exchange their limbs… So can the DOTM Toys (weapons).
    • The PCC Limbs extends when inserted… Voyager DOTM Ironhide and Megatron Weapons anyone?
    • The Stealth Force Toys have pop-out Weapons System… With the recent Wreckers Toy, we can see that feature too.
    Many called the PCC and Stealth Force: "just too darn silly"…. But is it because Hasbro was practicing for something bigger? For Dark of the Moon Toyline?

Fire-away friends.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would love for PCC to expand in the future.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I just think they wanted some more TF toys to attract the younger age bracket. Those Stealth Force toys are pretty much baby toys.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think the PCC line is a very valid line. I do think it could use refinement, but every new wave seems to improve the idea. Maybe it's just the PCC fan in me.:p 

Stealth Force are kinda odd to me, but I can see the kids appeal, hell I have a Stealth Force Hound next to my bot mode Classics Hound. Makes a pretty cool companion piece.

I don't like to jump to conclusions regarding the DOTM line wide gimmick. I don't mind huge peg holes, and oversized weapons, it's all in fun. As long as the figures are cool (and they are shaping up to be) and screen accurate (big hug to DOTM Irionhide).

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess if you don't try new things then you end up being something like Mattel making stuff that looks like it was made decades ago.

So it seems like Hasbro is always attempting something new. It's not like their action figure lines haven't tried new things with articulation or attempts to see if they could revive some old gimmicks like spring loaded launchers.

Since Power Core and Stealth Force aren't the main Transformers lines I could see them attempting new things there before they brought it to the main lines.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    PCC are a good line as it is. If the experience leads to something even better, then that rocks!

7. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I hope to see new and improved PCC-like combiners in the future, mostly in terms of articulation and hands and feet. And if they can apply these new gimmicks to the mainline (without hampering the toy itself of course), then that's even better.

8. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Hasbro DID say something at Botcon about the PCC-connection-format being the "standard" going forward for any (unconfirmed, and probably vapor-design) future combiner-style figures.

So hopefully we will see some new combiney stuff in the future :) 

D/L

9. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I would love to see PCC both refined and improved and expanded. I think its a great way to start reintroducing combiners again, especially scramble city type combiners due to interchangeable limbs. I would to see this lead to a new line of scramble city type combiners with updated alt modes and articulation as robots and combiners.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's possible. It's happened in other lines before, and there's no reason why Power Core Combiners - or something like them - could not stick about.

Stealth Force likewise is very cool, like Starcom was back in the day. I'd love to see what a real Transformer using technology like that would be like.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    As far as Stealth Force, probably not. Bay apparently got the Wreckers idea from the toyline, so Stealth force was Hasbro just trying something new for the hell of it without having real intentions about taking it further.

12. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    if any peg system should have been standardized...it should have been the energon pegs they used on the combiners...they hold tons better than that blue cubed PCC system...atleast with the energon system you could move an arm or leg and not have it just drop off like the majority of the PCC combiners...

13. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I have to disagree here. I can only speak from my experience, but I find the PCC connections to extremely stable. Once clipped in, I can shake the figure pretty hard without it separating. The Energon ports come part with the same shaking, though the weight of the Energon limbs certainly come into play here.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dont know, auto morph type features have been around since Armada with the super optimus figure as well as the first movie figures. Pop out weapons have been around for awhile as well. So I wouldnt say Hasbro has been "practicing" for the next line of toys, just evolving and utilizing these ideas in differenr ways.

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I doubt that's the way toy development works. If they knew what they wanted to do for DotM, they would just do it, they wouldn't need to create a line to "practice". However in retrospect a lot of toy gimmicks have an obvious lineage to a later line that expands on and perfects the idea.

If DotM is lifting ideas from PCC and SF, it's likely because the designers said to themselves "those toys worked out pretty cool and are selling decently, let's do more of that kind of thing in the next toy line" which happens to be DotM.

As a non-TF example, one might consider Lego Throwbots/Slizer as the proto-Bionicle.

16. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    A expansion of the PCC line, or the incorporation of it's gimmicks in the future dose sound good, if done right.

As for the Stealth Force ,I remember reading that when Bay saw the toys, he wanted to incorporate it into the movie, so that is why weapon modes exist in TF3. As for what Hasbro could do is interesting, we know the Eradicons in TFPrime have deployable weapons in vehicle mode, and for the movie line there was a BB that could deploy his cannons in vehicle mode. I hope whatever Hasbro does it involves Transforming, and not pegged weapons.

But with the interchangeable weapon system introduced with Recon Ironhide, and the MechTech system, it seam Hasbro is interested with interchangeable accessories. Whatever system they incorporate in the future does not mater as long as it doesn't compromise the Toy.