Are the Movie Protoforms selling well?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Acidophilus, May 12, 2007.

1. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In your area?

I just checked agian today. The Target, and the K-mart in the town nearest to me are the only stores to get them yet. They have had them for a week now, but minus the pair I purchased, no more seem to have sold at either store,(six in a case right?). I still have not seen any at wal-mart, although I have read many posts were members have posted finding end caps full, or more than they cared to stand around and count.

So just wondering, are they moving, just warming pegs, or perhaps it just to early to tell?

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Every place I have seen, has plenty. I passed myself, I'd rather spend my money on some of the other movie stuff coming out.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I stopped this afternoon at TRU, and they had completely changed their Transformer section, and had at 6 racks across and 4 racks top to bottom filled with the two Protoforms. It looks freshly stocked, but I'm sure that isn't the case. I doubt they'll sell half that many before June 2nd.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't know, I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    If they aren't selling well, I can imagine why. When I found them at target, I didnt even notice them for a while. just not used to seeing that packaging. People are probably glancing right past them.

6. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, I think it's the colors, they do seem blend in.

It's just with every new line since Armada, I can remember new Transformers seem to sell very quickly, at least for the first few week. I was just a little surprised to see I was the only person to buy any in the first week on the pegs between two stores . I guess I thought the movie stuff would be hot from the start, but seems to be selling slower, maybe the kids don't find the alternate forms(comet thing) to be as appelling as cars, jet, tanks, ect. Oh well I'm sure it will all pick up once the movie ads, and all the buzz starts.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    A good amount seem to have moved at the local Target. TRU has a ton of them, so it would be hard to tell if they're selling or not. Wal-Mart, oddly, hasn't stocked them yet.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    They finally came to my local TRU. Got me Optimus Prime, and he rocks! :rock 

9. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just went to target, kb toys, and wal-mart and they had nothing but 3 inch titaniums and a handfull of cybertron scouts and deluxes
    I want those damnit!

Im going to go to toys r us next week and that means im going to have to pay 12.99

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I passed. Just didn't hit my fancy. The movie line will be a lot of "hit and miss" with me.

11. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

There's a sea of them at TRU....I just hope that there's room for all the other stuff on june 2nd.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Around here:

Wal-Mart -> Of the two Wal-Marts I check regularly, neither has these in stock yet. Of course, these are the same Wal-Marts that didn't get Alt Ravage, Alt Rumble or Classics Devastator, so I'm not surprised they don't have the Protoforms.

TRU -> Both TRUs I check have at least 15 of each Protoform, along with left-over Cybertron Deluxes and Basics. The Protoforms are grouped close together in only two columns but the Cybertron stuff is spread out over four or five columns, "claiming" pegs for what looks to be a more impressive TF display eventually.

Target -> I check 4 Targets regularly; two have the Protoforms, two don't yet. The stores that have them have ~8 of each figure.

They don't appear to be selling very well right now, although it could just be that the stores which have them have a lot of the figures in stock and keep the pegs replenished. Also, the movie is still a ways off and with SM3, Shrek 3, FF2 and POTC still on the horizon, Transformers may not be on people's minds just yet.

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I'm sure they will be overstocked and falling off their shelves at the Target in Brooklyn. If I see any I'll be glad to whack those ugly things down the aisle with a hockey stick :) 

"Lemieux shoots, HE SCORES!"

14. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Here
    Wal-Mart- Two Wal-Marts have leftover Classics/Cybertron toys, but the third has Constructicon Devi!
    Sears Essentials- Classics like Megatron, Bumblebee, Rodimus, older Cyb. Toys like Scout Scattershot.
    Target-Both have leftover Classic Clereance, and both have Protoforms.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I see tons of them everywhere.

16. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, they're not moving very fast in my two local stores that have them....

17. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

Wal-mart: don't know.

Target: probably

K-Mart: NO.

18. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Locally...

Target's moved them very well.

Wal*Mart's not received them yet.

TRU has 30 or so between the pegs and end caps and they've sold some.

19. Wheeljack

Wheeljack Liquid Phoenix

They are selling well I've noticed they got a ton of these in though. My local walmart didn't get any but one about 20 mins away has changed the cardboard case 2 times because the first one had a hole in the side, when I went back the next time it was mint. The shelves are full and the classics are still normal price.

20. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

So does anyone know what kind of display setup TRU is going to have? Is it going to be where the SM3 stuff is currently?

If so, that would be sooooooo sweet