Are The KO Springers, etc Any Good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

eee

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad you asked the question about the KO Springer. I would like to know myself.

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    As would I.

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm quite curious as well. I have the KO Devastator, Shockwave and Gnaw which are all of amazing quality. I also have Wheeljack but he is a bit loose and feels less solid.

5. Tampalicious

eee

6. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

The KO Springer has the plastic chest version. One way to tell apartt a KO Springer is by looking at the rivets. The Takara version has the little dots on the rim, while the KO doesnt. Plus, always inspect a perfect chrome Springer because the guy is very hard to get a hold off with perfect chrome on his engines,gun and helicopter blades.

7. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Hmm, I don't know what kind of KO Devy yo have but mine's an exact replica of the original G1 figure, chrome and all.

Wheeljack does have solid metal feet, but on the earlier releases the paint on those was a bit more yellowish than the plastic used on the rest of the figure resulting in a bit of a two-tone feel.
    I believe they did a running change fixing the problem. Later releases may also be more sturdy.

8. Tampalicious

eee

9. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

I have the KO Springer and the quality is pretty damn good. My only complaints are that the chrome gun doesn't fit onto the top of him in vehicle mode, and the stickers are kinda crappy. They're cut fine, but they just feel cheap and have a matte, papery feel to them. This is the case with all the high quality KO's I've encountered. Otherwise he feels sturdy, transforms well and the paint is on par with current HasTom standards...

I also have Gnaw, Shockwave, Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Reflector, the Dinobots, Superion and Devastator all from KOToys. Mirage, Shockwave and Gnaw are probably the best of the bunch. No complaints. Shockwave himself is a very sturdy and I would recommend him highly. Wheeljack feels a little cheap, and occasionally the metal rod that holds his feet in place comes loose and it's a pain to snap back in. Sunstreaker in general feels a little cheap, but there's nothing wrong with him. Reflector needed some sanding down to fit together in camera mode, and one of his arm pegs needed to be glued back together. Superion didn't come with his factory stickers on a sheet, so Silverbolt is missing his autobot symbols and a couple other stickers. (I'll buy reprolabels eventually). Devastator is totally crap. I bought the giftset version and the plastic used on these guys is comparable to the big lots giftsets from a few years ago, with the additional of some metal. There's some molding problems too which keep him from fitting together without a lot of effort. The chromed plastic pieces are really cheap, too. Long Haul's started to break off after being transformed to bot mode once. The Dinobots are okay. I use them for display. Swoop's shoulders don't slide in all the way for alt mode, and Slag's shell/wings don't have enough clearance to unfold without rubbing against his frill. Grimlock's mouth also opens wider than any of his standard releases.

To sum: The stickers are kinda crappy, but you can always buy reprolabels. The cars and random bots are B quality, not unlike the plastic used on ROTF toys, but slightly less sturdy. The combiners feel a lot cheaper, esp. Devastator, so I would tread with caution.

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the KO Shockwave and the only complaint I have about it is the gun barrel won't stay on.

I also have the KO Devastator and I agree the plastic is cheap, but the chrome looks nice. I only transformed Bonecrusher and had no problems with it. I haven't combine them yet.

I want to get the KO Superion, but my biggest fear about it is the stickers might not come with it. I also want the KO Menasor, but I'm waiting for Chimungmung Toy Shop to carry it. Two months ago I was told Menasor will be available in July.