Are the KO rainmakers worth the money?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I was just wondering, for those of you who own the KO Rainmakers, are they worth it.

I have seen some reviews and some pictures and the main thing that people are saying is that they are BRIGHT. So on a Classics shelf they stick out like a sore thumb.

So I have been debating between getting the Rainmaker set, or seeing if I can get a Blue Rainmaker and the Orange Sunstorm and pair them with Acid Storm.

So what do you guys think is better in terms of looks in the collection:
    1- CHMS Rainmakers
    2- Blue Rainmakers with Orange Sunstorm and Classics Acid Storm

Any pics would also be appreciated.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes. They are suppose to be bright according to the cartoon. They stuck out like a sore thumb then, why wouldn't they now?

Personally, their quality is top notch. I love mine.I actually have the rainmakers, the orange-storm as well; (the orange is decently bright btw).

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

No, stay away! I am not impressed with any of the CHMS Seekers I have, including these, I would never purchase another one again. Simply terrible.

4. LadyStarscream

If you are concerned with bright, I wouldn't get the orange sunstorm, because he is just as bright as the rainmakers, and is done almost exactly the same way, fits with those 3 quite nicely if you can get past the poor overall quality.

5. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really like mine . i use them as acid storms troops.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

That's odd, because you're the first person I've seen that owned the CHMS Rainmakers and Sunstorm and said the quality was terrible. Most everyone else says the quality is better than the Henkei versions of the molds.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It is better than the henkei molds. The missile launchers are tight, the joints are tight but reasonable. The only thing you may have on QC is paint apps, but even those aren't too sloppy. On my copy, they are pretty good. We have a review thread, Alucard. you can go check that out via search.

8. LadyStarscream

I own 10 CHMS Seekers, and was very disappointed when they arrived, floppy legs, nicks and chips, even extra plastic I had to file off, not mention plastic digs that I had to try and smooth out, lots of silver touch ups and they still suck. I can't imagine that I would have received 10 unique figures, all with worse than normal defects, but I suppose it's possible, right? Worst 300.00 I ever spent, still makes me sick to think about it.

I don't own the Henkei versions, so I can't compare, but the CHMS are far worse than any of my Hasbro versions.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Wow. well, I didn't have any of those issues, mine were "ready to play" so to speak... and I have at least 7 CHMS seekers. The version 2.

10. LadyStarscream

Yes, mine are version 2 as well, or atleast are supposed to be according to my order. I'll never transform again, have them in bot mode at the moment, look nice on the classics shelf if you don't get too close, but would not buy again and couldnt recommend them, that's for sure! But happy yours are good atleast! ;) 

Do you have the Air Warriors? Any issues with the hands? Mine are so tight they can barely be transformed, I found it quite difficult.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yeah, I do have the air warriors. The only CHMS seekers I don't have are the chromed ones.

The air warrior are the same quality as my CHMS rainmakers, orange-storm, yellow-storm, etc. All of them do have a few flaws:

1. I think the eyes are painted instead of molded in.
    2. The hands, l can confirm, takes a fair bit of effort to rotate out in transformation due to tight tolerance. But this is something I personally prefer over loose-ness. My gauge is that, its not NEARLY as tight as anything on Knight Morpher Commander, so I am really satisfied. (forever KMC will be my standard for extreme tightness)

The other thing is, where did you order from, Lady? Recently I started to order from daelite's store, and those have been good. Even though I ordered them loose.

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I actually checked out about 3 reviews on these guys. Almost all said they were sweet. 1 guy actually had the yellow seeker break on him during the review.

I wanted to get some other opinions and possibly some pics of peoples collection with the seekers in the collection to see if it indeed looks like a sore thumb, or if it is something I would like.

I actually have a KO CHMS Skywarp and I have been more then happy with him. He looks awesome and the paint on him was great.

The $300 is the tough pill the swallow. That is my fear as well. I am set on the clones and the rainmakers at this point. That is $150 pill. I love the clones coloring, so those are going to happen I think.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

13. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Check out Ko toys they have a new vid review of da rain makers with great comp against classic and henkie seekers, With the shipping sky rocketin so high it's gettin expensive to order from KO and Robotkingdom.

14. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the CHMS Skywarp, and while he does take up that space in my collection, I'll be ditching him as soon as they re-issue the bugger (if they do). The hip joints are loose (fixable) and the paint aps are ok (worst on mine are the eyes), but the toys is nowhere near as good quality as Hasbro releases. The plastic feels cheaper and there's tons of sanding of sprue connect points needed.

He is much better quality than the non CHMS Mirage (classics G1 colors) I got with him, and the 3 legends figs. But don't expect Hasbro quality.

I can't speak to the Henkei versions.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yes. All the CHMS Seekers are awesome. I'll buy all the colors they decide to make lol

16. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slipstream, "Black Death", and AM Thundercracker are apparently going to be the last, unless they do the teal clones.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I only own 2 CHMS Seekers, the "version 2" Skywarp and the orange Sunstorm. In my experience, they've got nice joints (tighter than some of my original Seekers, especially Botcon Thundercracker), but they're wobbly in other areas that have to do with how they hold together, like in jet mode, their wings don't peg into the sockets as securely as the real ones, and have a slightly flimsier feel to them.

So I would say they aren't perfect, but they're also not as bad as LadyStarscream's making them sound. If you aren't inspecting the finer details, they look great and display very well, and even in spite of the slight wobbliness, they're still above average quality.

But keep in mind, they cost more than a retail Seeker costs, so you would hope they wouldn't be worse than the real ones; but since they're KOs, they kinda are.

18. LadyStarscream

I have not opened my Knight Morpher Commander yet, so I'm a bit nervous now about the potential tightness. But back to the CHMS Seekers, I ordered from KOtoys. While the hands on the Air Warriors are overly tight, the hands on my Skywarp are loose and floppy. It seems I can't win with these!

I found the Rainmakers do look a bit better than the clones in person quality wise at least. The clones were a more vibrant purple than I was expecting. And on all my CHMS Seekers, the pins in the chest are uneven, they don't balance well at all, either pushing in too far, sticking out, overall crooked and misaligned.

This! Yes!

19. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kos are kos, you get what you get, a subpar version of an original. if you expect perfection then i suggest you keep your money.

if you can stand to spend the cash and deal with some flaw, even breakage then go ahead.

some ppl just expect the world with kos.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I can confirm that 1 out of my 7 CHMS version 2 seekers have one hand that's floppy. About 3/7 have overly tight hands (not too much an issue, do it a few times and they get looser), and the rest are ok.

I would highly recommend Daelite's store to save shipping for KO alternative.

On the side note of KMC... lets just say that I think mine is the tightest of everyone's desription. I almost broke my thumb transforming him, and that's using a table to help press certain joints to their place. But I think not each is like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.