Are the flaws in PCC, "fix-able" via 3rd party? A discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Mar 31, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Just curious as to what your thoughts are. Personally, I think some of the torsos are great. Yes we do have some terrible ones, but the torsos aren't the problem.

I would be really happy if:

1. They are weaponized in combined mode.
    2. They have hands
    3. They have articulation
    4. They are not automorph (which means they are not spring loaded, which means they are not going to pop loose due to spring)

When I think about this, I feel that the real problems is in weapons and the limbs themselves instead of the torso for the most part.

So, if a third party takes up making legend sized vehicle, at the minimum, that have:

1. manual transformation to limbs
    2. articulated elbows, knees, and hands with peg holes
    3. Weapons
    4. Icing on the cake, a robot mode
    5. pegs to the light blue pegs on PCC

Do you think it will "salvage" what is considered by many as a failed attempt at combiners by Hasbro?

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As much as I am not a fan of PCCs, if a company was to do all new limbs, I may be a little more interested. I still don't like the look of the main bots overall, but that is mainly because I find their botmodes as a step back, and their vehicle modes goofy. The torso is the only thing that really works for me, and if they made all new limbs, that would solve a lot of my issues with the combined modes (too much kibble/bits and pieces all over).

3. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Crankcase=mini-Motormaster.Bring on tiny Stunticons.

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    agree... skipping them for now!

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    One of the few flaws I found across torso's was that their blue connectors are connected in a kind of loose way. What I mean is that, on some torso it moves very easily forward and backwards.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'd be up for some better limbs from Fansproject or somebody else. Either make Legends-sized figures with ports, poseable transforming limbs, or in an ideal world a combination of the two.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Can the limb problem be fixed? Probably.

WILL they be fixed? Probably not.

Yes, PCC isn't the greatest and the concepts sometimes fell flat, but 3rd party companies aren't going to waste time trying to pull a Crossfire Bruticus overhaul on the PCC's. Not when there is money to be made in making entire free-form standalone figures such as Warbot Defender, TFClub Devestator, and PE Reflector.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well the limbs certain could be made much better , some of the flaws in the commander bots such as Double clutch could not.

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I do have some limb-bots on the drawing board, but at the moment, I couldn't say how long they'll take to get a set done, or how they'll be released. They're definitely something I want to work with, though.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I like PCC as they are. No need to change them, drone limbs are cool.

11. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ^april fools??

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Not necessarily. I kinda like them, but I'd like proper transforming limbs more. I do like the concept of the PCCs, actually; the Commanders are in training to lead proper combiner teams, but use drones until they're considered to be ready for their own command.

13. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I would order hands, my only real complaint (besides the limbs not transforming) are the lack of real hands! This is also a problem for me with many of the Bayformers. Is it too much to ask for hands and feet on my bots? ;) 

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Most of the PCC drone limbs have hands. The Rallybots and Destructicons are the ones who don't really have hands. All the other ones do.

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    No,
    i really mean it, I like the concept. We'll get traditionnal combiners later, no worries.

16. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The flaws are fixable, but I can't honestly think of any reason why a 3rd party company would bother. I probably wouldn't pay the cost that would certainly accompany any new limbs, add-ons, etc.

17. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this the other day - I like a lot of the later releases in the PCC collection, and the central robots are mainly good toys. If someone released some adapters that allowed connecting peg-to-peg, or peg to the Energon-style connectors, I think that would be an excellent way to make these infinitely combinable. Maybe some peg to fist add-ons too.

So we could conceivably take any five PCC central robots, use four adaptors to connect them into one combiner, and two peg-to-fist add-ons for hands, instant library of different combiners. Or you could use four PCC robots as limbs for your Energon-based Bruticus, use Heavytread as a foot for example, or Sledge as an arm.

Just a thought - I like PCC just fine for what it is, but adding more options for combinations would be a fun way to lose the drones and make these into more versatile combiners.

Tim
    "toy geek"

18. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I don't need robot modes, just give me good articulated limbs that are actually defined, symmetrical proportions, have hands and weapons to be held. Legs just need definition and an ankle tilt. Do that, I'll be interested.

Make them scramble city style (limb can be leg or arm) and you'll make me even more interested.

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    What I'm shocked of is that no one has bothered to take the time to take 5 commanders and just mod them together to get the desired effect of proper gestalt. The drones are cool, and I'm surprised by how many went and accepted the minicons as power or targetmasters in their own way.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you keep tabs on Radicons, you'll see that there are attempts being made, though none finished yet that I've seen. Maximo Prime, for example, is working on a six-man Devastator using my twin-sockets, and I'm sure I remember he's not the only one.