Are the Dark of the Moon Mech Tech figures the right size?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by urrutiap, Jul 4, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

Personally I'm not into the whole right size for the Transformers figurese. I just want them because they're transformers. I could care less if they were the size of Star Wars figures or honking huge like GI Joe Sigma Six stuff.

Just wondering if the Mech Tech Transformers Dark of the Moon figures are good to have?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    in a word: yes

3. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

voyagers above. other than that i wouldn't buy em.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I find the entire line to be EXTREMELY enjoyable and the most accessible Transformers line we've seen in years. In particular, the deluxe range has yet to dissappoint me, and I have to say I haven't had this much fun with deluxe Transformers since the first run of Classics in 2007.

I do feel the deluxes are a hair smaller than most in the past couple years, but aren't "tiny", size feels about on par with Beast Wars (with fewer ball joints)

5. urrutiap

Well even though the Voyager larger sized figures are nice and have more joints to transform.. I just prefer the smaller ones in the Mech Tech line. They still transform back and forth just smaller than the "Voyager" larger sized figures I guess.

Plus the Mech Tech line is good for some of the figures like Mudflap, Skids, Thundercracker, Roadblocker and Ratchet/Ironhide.

Dunno about for Bumblebee though. I think the Mech Tech line is alot cheaper than the Super Deluxe figures. 10 to 15 bucks for the Mech Tech figures they're better and cheaper than something like from the Super Deluxe or Voyager Class stuff

6. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wants 3rd Party Knock Out

I think they are the right size. I would be even happier if Has/Tak continued with these sizes because we got more voyagers within the line when normally we get maybe three or four max lately because of budget concerns. If they said at the beginning of the Generations line "We are going to make the figures a little bit smaller but we make Voyager sized Thunderwing, WFC Megs, WFC Prime, and G2 Prime." I think we would be content. (I know they won't stay small/stated at Botcon).

7. urrutiap

Plus, the Mech Tech figures of Mudflap and Skids are the right size. Dont need honkin huge Voyager Class Mudflap or Skids. Why and what for anyway? LOL

also Mech Tech Roadblocker or whatever he's called he reminds me of those tiny stunticon combiners from back in the day

8. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    The deluxe figures I bought are pretty sucky but the leaders are good. I like Megatron but I wish his head was a little bigger. Leader Sentinel and Ironhide are great.

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    DOTM Deluxe Starscream and Thundercracker (and Skywarp too) are on the small side, and on par with their Classics Seekers counterparts (comparable bot mode heights, but the DOTM jets are actually a tad smaller than the Classics jets). That's one of the main reasons I bought them, for a Classics vs. Movieverse Seeker thing going on.

The mechtech weapons themselves are mostly on the oversized side. Starscream's in particularly is goofy and ridiculous on him but it doesn't look half bad when wielded by his Leader/Masterpiece counterpart. Thundercracker's looks pretty good on him since he shares the same one with Roadbuster's (the chainsaw weapon).

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Look at it this way, Bumblebee is finally small this time around.

11. xeno

xeno xeno

News Credits:
    Just like any other line to me most enh and then a few that I can"t put down (Leader Bee, Thundercracker, Backfire). but so far it has a decent amount of good going for it, and we haven't even seen tons of stuff (Soundwave etc.) I'm thinking by the end of this line it will have easily surpassed early discontent, if it hasn't already.

12. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's not enough Decepticons, which means it's slim-pickings for people who collect bad guys exclusively.

13. urrutiap

Well I'd rather have the mech tech figure of laserbeak. a Voyager Class figure is too big in my opinion. The only figures i would get Leader sized would be Optimus, Megatron, and someone else like Shockwave

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I honestly don't see the big fuss. A lot of other transformers lines had some short deluxes like in Cybertron you had Red Alert/Canonball and Thunderblast. And in the Generations line there's Thunderwing.

15. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

That's weird. My last pst got sucked into the ether....

I stopped worrying about scale issues in 1984...