Are the Alchemor Prisoners Problematic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Zylly103, Jun 5, 2017.

1. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

But he wasn´t from the Alchemor.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah...but he is problematic.

3. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher jerk to storytelling

News Credits:
    This can, honestly, be applied to everything and everyone.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

I think everyone is a little quick to call a thing "problematic" nowadays.

Not that doing so really means anything on its own...

• Like Like x 2
  5. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

The Alchemor wasn't a prison ship. It was a short bus or padded wagon. Every single goofus that tumbled off of that thing is delusional, schizophrenic, or sociopathic.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2017
  6. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe they were problematic in other ways? After all, almost all of them have either animal or animalistic main moves, and I think the only prisoner with a non-animalistic main mode (Grimlock) was immediately accepted into team Bee. I wonder why is that...

Cya
    Raziel-chan

7. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

How does T-Rex qualify as non-animalistic?

8. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's his alt mode, his robot mode is pretty much fully humanoid, compared to other Alchemor prisoners who have robot modes that mix humanoid and animal features (Steeljaw has a wolf head, animal like legs, Bisk looks like a slightly humanoid lobster, Scorponok has a tail, animal like legs, Crazybolt is not humanoid at all, etc.) Compared to them Grimlock looks fully humanoid in his robot mode.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

9. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    yeah the alchemor prisoners seem to be experimental tech next generation proto beast warriors in their way

they be like the earleirest original generation of the newborn maximal predacon societies but the tech still has some grimlins in the gears so to speak programming wise the attempt to mesh beast modes with vehicle type alt mode equipped cybertronians

though in my opinion steel jaw seems to be well on his way to fully meshing with the actual nature and inistincts of his beast mode . I could totally see the guy going full on wolf eventually alt mode wise

10. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That'd paint the situation in a different light. All Alchemor prisoners being the result of senate - funded experiments sent off to be disposed of after they turned out to not be the perfectly controllable and willing slaves they wanted.

I just find it funny that we have yet to see a single bit of that kind in a good light. We'll, I think Kickback was the closest.

Also, we need more toys of them. Especially to Corvicons, they look awesome.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

11. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Predacons got extinct long befor the war.
    Insecticons already existed befor the war.
    Flamesnort was stationd on earth for thousands of years.

If anything the animal-parts seem more like a relikt of old times.

12. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    You know, everything can be problematic if you try hard enough.

Back when RiD premiered, I remember seeing people complain and say that Strongarm, a police officer, calling Grimlock a criminal (and considering he "sounded like a poc" (sic)) was racist. Also someone tries comparing this to police brutality in the US, but at that point I had moved on to doing something better with my time.

Like, I get it people can get offended, it's their right and all that but... sometimes it's not that deep.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SgtLemon

SgtLemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Being a psychopath is a form of Mental Illness, would you say the Psychopath is someone too feel sorry for if he killed 10 babys because he was mentally ill?

Also Species Traits exist. Sorry but science isn't problematic

14. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    By the same token, I would feel sad for a cleptomaniac who ends up in jail for life because she's unable to stop and nobody even tries to help her.

It isn't for us because we're the only so highly evolved species in Earth.

This really is more comparable to racial profiling.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    You know with Cyclonus being pointed to being the big bad in this season I can't help but wonder if he's secretly trying to bring back the Decepticon cause the way Megatron originally had it I have to wonder if it means getting rid of any Decepticons he deems to be unworthy to be part of the army like for example Springload with his mental illness since he considers them to be no true Decepticons. It would actually explain a lot of things if that's the case.

16. hagst0ne

hagst0ne Member

I personally enjoy talking about observing patterns like this in TF shows. It really does make an otherwise lackluster series more interesting whether the writers intended it or not, to make note of unjust society behaviors like forcing Vertebreak into a body he didn't want, which gives him more in common with Fixit than with Megatron. But any comment like that is either reading too deeply or somehow not reading deeply enough, without explanation given as to why it's more interesting or accurate to see it another way. And I don't like arguing, which is usually what these conversations devolve into.
    That's not new, though, it's been like that since G1, sadly. A lot of fun observations can be made that bring nuances and gray morality to an otherwise basic formula.