Are stores bias against transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751, Jan 4, 2008.

1. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

I have seen in two walmarts that are close to me that even after the holiday no new figures so are they against transformers or who fault is it that the slelves are empty. What i have seen so far on the slelves are the star wars/transformers and power rangers they are over run with these figures but not a single freaking transformer. Is this a location problem? Or is it a store problem where they order what they want and they don't care to get transformer figures in the store?

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    They are selling more than they get in.

It is happening everywhere.

You can thank Michael Bay for that.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Quite the contrary. As Team Jetfire said, they are selling faster than the stores can keep them in stock. Transformers are one of the hottest, if not THE hottest, toys of the year. :) 

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    And they'll probably be this hot for a while, so get used to it.

I'm hoping stores don't screw up with Animated... I'm not looking for many figures in the first place, so being able to find what I'm looking for would be a big plus.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Uhhh, lots of stores are sold out of transformers. We just had the holiday season. A huge seller in a department store with a toy department is going to be toys. The biggest selling line of toys for the past 6 months has been transformers, and they sold out. It takes more time to produce more transformers, and then ship those transformers to stores. When stores do get more transformers, they sell them.

Any store that sold toys, and had a bias against the best selling line of toys for half the year, is dumb. Walmart is not dumb. They can't help it if they can only get a couple of cases a week, which sell out 2 days after they hit the shelves.

edit: The problem with transformers toys not being found in july, was stores placing small orders due to so many other movie toys being extreme shelf warmers(the walmart up the street from me STILL has half an aisle of spiderman 3 crap). I'm pretty sure they've figured out that transformers will sell, and will thus place more orders, causing hasbro to make more toys at the start.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  6. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's plenty of Real Gears if you want them...

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I can't even find those any more.

8. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yea, all we have is a handful of realgears and deluxes, and some cyberslammers and fast action battlers, and some of the nerf guns. Voyagers, leaders, deluxes that aren't scorponok and swindle, ultimate bb, are all gone. Hell, I only saw 2 or 3 optimash primes left in walmart earlier today, and a month ago they had a pallet worth of the things.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, seriously. NOTHING is left here. My Wal-Mart's Transformers "section" consists of 3 Optimus Prime head console-game things. That's it.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I can only find that tech gear crap.

11. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:

Ditto that here in Malaysia, tech gears and cyber slammers seem to be the only misses in movie line.

12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cyberslammers, a few Real Gears and Robot Heroes (not movie wave 2 though, argh). Even though the RH's sell pretty quickly they always seem to be getting more of the old ones in.

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It's the opposite. They are going out faster than expected.

14. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm just hoping that classics 2.0/Universe and Animated figures are easy enough to find in store once they roll out. It's frustrating as all hell when cheap mainline figures are only available online for a 100% markup. The Animated figures look amazing, and I'm hoping the figures are released in greater numbers and more evenly than the movie waves were.

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    You want some Tech toys, huh? do ya? Cause theres alot of that sonny! Supply and demand, dude

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even the TECH toys sold out here. 5 days before Christmas there were no TF's to be found anywhere in my town except at my store. Then I sold the crap out of those.

17. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

They are hot. Depending on the price in my country, they are either shelfwarmers or they're gone in a couple of days. The ones imported by Dexy Co. are shelfwarming as their prices tend to be about 50-60% more then the ones imported by Magma International which are gone pretty fast.

18. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

If anything they are biased against the new G. I. Joes more than the Transformers. Those things sell out in an hour around where I am and it is hard to stay on top of the line (it is great and worth it though). That said I have noticed that my Walmarts seemed to have phased out all the Transformer stuff unless they are still recuperating from Christmas which is possible.

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Over here there's an abundance of Legends, those arm blasters, some Real Gears and the odd Cyber Slammer. Most stores were smart enough to not order Tech Gear. ;) 

20. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    The walmart near me reduced the size of the transformer section. No spots for leaders/voyagers, only 3 pegs for deluxes/real gears. No spots for others. Not a big deal though, as the shelves have been completely devoid of tfs since last november.