Are my Frenzy and Ravage tapes originals or K.O.?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skirm, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Skirm

Skirm Member

Picked these tapes up when i bought a box of G1s in the early 1990s at a 2nd hand store. Recently saw an ebay auction that had the same Frenzy cassette box as the one i have, that was listed as a K.O.

Went thru all my G1 tapes and noticed Frenzy and Ravage didnt have a Takara or Hasbro copyright stamp. On Frenzy its suppose to be on his cassette side, and Ravage on his tail.

Anyone know if Diaclone or Microman lines produced toys without a Takara stamp? Posted pics below. Are these genuine, or early 80s K.O.s?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I thought the KO of Frenzy had flat top screws/pins whereas the original had the crosshead screw? I may be wrong on this.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
  4. Skirm

Skirm Member

Looked at that G1 counterfeit website. But both my cassettes do not possess any of the obvious K.O. descriptions for Frenzy and Ravage in that guide. Maybe i missed something though.

Provided a pic of the past ebay auction listed as K.O. Frenzy. The cassette case picture says Micros, but mine says Microman. Also seems in pic the screws are not flat.

Basically wondering if anyone has knowledge if Takara released any of their early Transformers products without some type of copyright stamp?

Attached Files:

5. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    I'd say both originals. Both G1 pre-rubs. All in all decent looking figs. Hope info helps. PM if anything. Probably won't look back on this thread.

Can't guarantee Ravage but would likely say it original as it has the decepticon sticker on it. None of the Ravage KO's have that sticker. And most of the Ravage cassettes don't have any stamps on his tail so that's not a real indicator. I've seen a few but more often than not no stamps on tail.
    No KO Frenzy has Japan written across the decal side. Plus it has that decepticon sticker on the front. I do agree that the paper insert is definitely for a KO. Also the case for Frenzy doesn't likely match the cassette. The case is legit if it's stamped Takara. Otherwise its for a KO as well.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Yes/No. Frenzy is Original, Rumble is KO

7. luclin999

luclin999 Well-Known Member

You mean Ravage...Right?

Why do you think that it is a KO?

Except for the fact that my Ravage has a rubsign sticker and copyright info on his tail, the OP's looks exactly like mine.

8. Skirm

Skirm Member

Hearing that official Ravages were released without copyright on their tails changes alot of things. The quailty of these cassettes look and feel exactly identical to the official toys. I never questioned it unil noticing no copyrights.

But K.O.'s made in the 80s were much better quailty. In fact official reissues made today arent really that good. Alot of times their weapons dont stay on, parts fall off, paint is bad.

So its a good chance these particular cassettes are Takara early releases. But either way since ive possessed them this long, will contiune to hold onto them unless i come across some hard evidence that they are indeed 1980s knock offs.

9. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits: